RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidan Keranen

League of Legends Play by Play Caster
Premium
S3 Picture.png

Formula FG returns for an exciting third season as the premier custom team, open wheel, RD based, cash system, GP4 simulated game on the entire internet!

Regulations
Full regulations can be found here: WARNING - They are very long. Sorry but minimum loopholes as possible, and minimal ignorance chances.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UQQWHhY1Qg67gx0fCHobwAfU28kTSQHDjExVznFdAnc/edit?usp=sharing
It is assumed that every rule is known by competitors, pleading ignorance to the rules will not be accepted. Every change to the regulations after the start of the season must be and will be made in the full knowing of the championship.
Important Regulations:
As per the Formula 1 system from 2010 onwards
1st - 25
2nd - 18
3rd - 15
4th - 12
5th - 10
6th - 8
7th - 6
8th - 4
9th - 2
10th - 1
Onwards - 0

Engines:

Tier 1 (Mercedes, Renault, Ferrari, Ford/Cosworth): 780-785 HP, 4000-4800 COF, $400 per season but 50% off for best team using engines.
Tier 2 (Honda/Mugen-Honda, BMW, Lamborghini, Peugeot, Toyota, Yamaha): 775-790 HP, 3800-5500 COF, $200 per season.
Tier 3 (any engine manufacturer, see Article 4.2.1 of regulations): 770-795 HP, 4200-6000 COF, $100 per season. (reduced price for HP upgrades)

Income:
Pole: $100
2nd on grid: $50
Fastest Lap: $50

1st: $400
2nd-3rd: $300
4th-5th: $250
6th-10th: $200
11th-15th: $100
15th-22nd or DNF: $50
Front row per car: $100
Row 2 or 3 per car: $50

Win race: $300
Top 5: $250
Top 10: $200
Race Finish/Classification: $100
DNF: $50

Sponsors:
One sponsor per driver, one per team. Sponsors can be changed by paying for the amount of the new sponsor.

R: refers to Race sponsor, Q: refers to Qualifying sponsor, B: to both Race and Qualifying
D1 R: Win Race ($300)
D2 R: Points Result ($200)
D3 R: Finish ($100)
D4 Q: Pole Position ($250)
D5 Q: Top Half ($150)
D6 B: Pole/Win ($400)
D7 B: Improve Position ($150)
R: refers to Race sponsor, Q: refers to Qualifying sponsor, B: to both Race and Qualifying
T1 R: Winning Constructor ($350)
T2 R: Double Top 10 ($300)
T3 R: Double Finish ($200)
T4 Q: Front Row Lockout ($300)
T5 Q: Double top half ($150)
T6 B: Either car front row, either podium ($250)
T7 B: Both cars total 10 positions gained ($400)

Upgrades:
Skill - Race or Quali - $100 per 10, mulitples of 5 accepted only.
Variance - Race or Quali - $200 per 25, plus or minus, minimum 25 purchased, multiples of 25 accepted only.
Car HP - Race or Quali - $300 per 1 HP for Tier 1 and 2. $250 for Tier 3.
Car Reliability - $250 per 100 lessened
Car HP - Race or Quali - $200 per 1 HP for Tier 1 and 2. $150 per 1 HP for Tier 3.
Car Reliability - $150 per 100 lessened
Driver Skill - $250 per 10 skill, single driver
Driver Variance - $400 per 25, can only be bought if driver does

Contracts: (suggested to read full regs)
Contracts between drivers and teams must be signed. Minimum contract price for a driver is $50 per season, to the end of a season. Test drivers

Entries
Entries and Upgrades.png

vehicles taken: 2009 Williams, 1993 Ferrari, 2015 Red Bull, 2015 Ferrari, 1998 Sauber, 1993 Williams, 2014 Caterham, 2002 Williams, 2015 Toro Rosso, 1993 Ligier
vehicles locked out: 2004 Ferrari, 2002 McLaren, 2005 McLaren, 2014 Force India, 2008 Toyota, 2007 Ferrari, 1996 Williams,
<entry list>

Testers
Testers Perf.png

Calendar
The calendar this year consists of 17 rounds, 8 of which are permanent, the next 9 get chosen on a year by year basis.
Calendar S3.png

For Season Three we thank the following authors for use of their tracks.

Standings
Formula FG Championship (Drivers)
Drivers Championship.png

Race by Race
Drivers Race by Race.png

Formula FG Constructors Championship
Teams Championship.png

Helpful stuff
SMD-09a (standard car) by MDBSnake
http://www.mediafire.com/download/atann5veb5unnpf/SMD-09a.zip

Helmet shape (Arai GP5)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rtodu744fhh41di/Arai GP-5 RC 2008.rar
(make sure to use .psd files in template folder)

zmodeler with plugins for GP4.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9o811avn6gj8rrd/ZModeler - works with GP4.rar

video to help with skins, zmodeler, GP4 etc. (thanks to Steven Poirier for sending me this ages ago)

Available Driver List (Including Test Drivers)
none currently

List of Managers
@William Néron (N-Tech), @Jimlaad43 (DTK), @Márk Lintner (Falcon), @Milos (Apex), @Aidan Keranen (2KF1), @Lesley Buurlage (Ravenwest), @Matt Bailey (Razor), @Tim (Jawz), @XenForo (RD), @Jack Hunsley (JHR), @airutonpurosuto8912 (Driftslide).

Team Manager Waiting List
Jamie Cocks

Wiki Page
http://race-department-simulation-career.wikia.com/wiki/Formula_FG_Championship

Last edited:
News, Announcements and Race by Race
Cornes wins his first title in Sao Paulo! But he is unable to lead Razor to the constructors, with Apex taking the title after a late season fightback. Jamie Cocks leaves driving with his sixth career win.

Race by Race
Pre Season

Results
Melbourne
Practice|Qualifying|Race Part 1|Race Part 2|Results
Shanghai
Kyalami
Austin
Montreal
Donington
In Season Test 1
Results
Dijon
Silverstone
Hockenheim
Zandvoort
Spielberg
Budapest
In Season Test 2
Results
Spa-Francorchamps
Monza
Suzuka
Phillip Island
Sao Paulo

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll take the pleasure of being firstninja'dmoved to spam for being there before the 2nd post of Aidan..not moved to spam because Jimlaad used a different method

oh that one was needed too
as the other two between will get removed.. does that make me first? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened this off season? CHANGES.
So lets have a look at what has changed in the world of Formula FG in the month or so of Off-Season with all the reasoning brought out. A reminder that not everything is set in stone, because we all know @Smartbean will have something to say about it....

The Golden Rule (Reg 1.4)
This is something that needed to be brought in to safeguard the interests of the series. Not to make me happy, but to allow me to make decisions that I feel are right in situations where the regulations don't cover everything.
Believe or not, I've been using this very rule for 2 seasons. But now I can quote it :D

The tracks we want and the tracks we deserve (Reg 2.1)
Just cleaning up what we will use and what we won't, this is an unfinished list. Big change here is that the Japanese Grand Prix will be voted on by the series, just like the French one (so it won't necessarily be Suzuka now).

Test Drivers (Regs 2.2.2, 2.2.3, 5.1.2, 6.2)
So this is probably the biggest change, test drivers now actually have a spot in the series! Rewards are designed to be minimal in impact overall while being very handy for a test driver. No better way for them to see what is going on then to take part (even when all race seats are gone). Managers too can take part, but just like manager/drivers, this isn't as good, as managers will receive half rewards. Test drivers are not compulsory, teams gain rewards too for using them. This will no doubt we watched closely over the season and balanced in future seasons.

Your team, not their team (Regs 3.2.2 and 3.2.3)
Historical liveries won't be accepted any more, and there is now a deadline for skins on a shape. Cleaned up regarding special liveries with a warning that while special liveries are great, we don't want to clog it up, and thus I will refuse some liveries if there have been too many.

Tired yet? (Reg 3.3)
Hankook, Continental, Firestone and Yokohama tyres are all available for usage this season, thanks to @kedy89.

Actually... I might just walk back (Reg 4.3)
Tier 3 engines have an increase of their minimum CoF rate.

"Flintstoning" the car (Reg 4.4.1)
A rule that I am surprised it took 3 seasons to think of. In the unlikely course of action that someone should not specify their engine manufacturer for whatever reason, we have a course of action. Thinking ahead even if never needed.

Drawing the line (Reg 6.1.1)
Clearing up what should happen should someone be away and need a replacement. The big thing that everyone needs to know is this: I will not accept your absence if it is not to me via PM. I am happy to pass on your absence to any other mods.

Don't wanna no more (Reg 6.7)
Now we have it written down when someone pulls out a team mid season.

Might wanna but not here... (Reg 6.8)
Very similar to above, there is now a very strict course of action when it comes to absent managers. This will be followed firstly.

Money Money Money (Regs 7.2.2, 7.4, 8.1, 8.2)
Changing the variation price, some of the sponsors have been brought into a fairer line in terms of cash and in terms of what needs achieving. Lastly, teams that retire now have retirement income too, and this will be properly backdated for teams that are designated as retired (so far only one team).

These are by no means fully done, and I welcome some feedback and suggestions, but don't expect it to be accepted if it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 164 7.9%