RD Formula FG Championship Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidan Keranen

League of Legends Play by Play Caster
Premium
<you didn't think we'd actually have a picture yet did you?>
Welcome back to the second season of the Formula FG Championship here on RaceDepartment. This new season heralds the start of the journey proper, as teams, the majority of which, have a season under their belts and now need to start making calls that can take them to the front. Which teams have been paying attention? Who has Plan G up their sleeve? Who's turning up for the free cup of tea every Wednesday? Prepare to find out!

Regulations
Full regulations can be found here: WARNING - They are very long. Sorry but minimum loopholes as possible, and minimal ignorance chances.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UQQWHhY1Qg67gx0fCHobwAfU28kTSQHDjExVznFdAnc/edit?usp=sharing
It is assumed that every rule is known by competitors, pleading ignorance to the rules will not be accepted. Every change to the regulations after the start of the season must be and will be made in the full knowing of the championship.
Important Regulations:
As per the Formula 1 system from 2010 onwards
1st - 25
2nd - 18
3rd - 15
4th - 12
5th - 10
6th - 8
7th - 6
8th - 4
9th - 2
10th - 1
Onwards - 0

Engines:

Tier 1 (Mercedes, Renault, Ferrari, Ford/Cosworth): 780-785 HP, 4000-4800 COF, $400 per season but 50% off for best team using engines.
Tier 2 (Honda/Mugen-Honda, BMW, Lamborghini, Peugeot, Toyota, Yamaha): 775-790 HP, 3800-5500 COF, $200 per season.
Tier 3 (any engine manufacturer, see Article 4.2.1 of regulations): 770-795 HP, 4200-6000 COF, $100 per season. (reduced price for HP upgrades)

Income:
Pole: $100
2nd on grid: $50
Fastest Lap: $50

1st: $400
2nd-3rd: $300
4th-5th: $250
6th-10th: $200
11th-15th: $100
15th-22nd or DNF: $50
Front row per car: $100
Row 2 or 3 per car: $50

Win race: $300
Top 5: $250
Top 10: $200
Race Finish/Classification: $100
DNF: $50

Sponsors:
One sponsor per driver, one per team. Sponsors can be changed by paying for the amount of the new sponsor.

R: refers to Race sponsor, Q: refers to Qualifying sponsor, B: to both Race and Qualifying
D1 R: Win Race ($500)
D2 R: Points Result ($200)
D3 R: Finish ($100)
D4 Q: Pole Position ($250)
D5 Q: Top Half ($150)
D6 B: Front Row/Win ($700)
D7 B: Improve Position ($150)
R: refers to Race sponsor, Q: refers to Qualifying sponsor, B: to both Race and Qualifying
T1 R: Winning Constructor ($300)
T2 R: Double Top 5 ($300)
T3 R: Double Finish ($200)
T4 Q: Front Row Lockout ($400)
T5 Q: Double top half ($150)
T6 B: Either car front row, either podium ($250)
T7 B: Both cars total 10 positions gained ($400)

Upgrades:
Skill - Race or Quali - $100 per 10, mulitples of 5 accepted only.
Variance - Race or Quali - $100 per 15, plus or minus, minimum 15 purchased, multiples of 15 accepted only.
Car HP - Race or Quali - $300 per 1 HP for Tier 1 and 2. $200 for Tier 3.
Car Reliability - $250 per 100 lessened
Car HP - Race or Quali - $200 per 1 HP for Tier 1 and 2. $150 per 1 HP for Tier 3.
Car Reliability - $150 per 100 lessened
Driver Skill - $250 per 10 skill, single driver
Driver Variance - $250 per 10, can only be bought if driver does

Contracts: (suggested to read full regs)
Contracts between drivers and teams must be signed. Minimum contract price for a driver is $50 per season, to the end of a season.

Entries
Entries and Upgrades.png

vehicles taken: 2004 Ferrari, 2002 McLaren, 1993 Ferrari, 2005 McLaren, 2014 Force India, 2008 Toyota, 2007 Ferrari, 1996 Williams, 1998 Sauber, 1993 Williams
vehicles locked out: 2001 Ferrari, 2008 Ferrari, 2010 Ferrari, 2012 McLaren, 2009 Brawn, 1994 Benetton, 2005 Renault

Calendar
The calendar this year consists of 17 rounds, 8 of which are permanent, the next 9 get chosen on a year by year basis.
For Season Two we thank the following authors for use of their tracks.
F1Virtual Team
Melbourne 2012
Istanbul 2011
Montreal 2013 - base by F1Virtual, update by Hega
Hungary 2013
Jcaranti (plus his helpers)
Singapore 2013
Kyalami 1982 (with Pedro)
Road America (with drt01)
n00binio & pimpones1
Mexico 1991 (from trackpack compiled by plodekk & cleberpister)
Silverstone 2001
Hockenheim 2001
Austria 2001
Calendar S2.png

Standings
Formula FG Championship (Drivers)
Drivers Standings.png

Race by Race
Drivers Race by Race.png

Formula FG Constructors Championship
Teams Standings.png

Helpful stuff
SMD-09a (standard car) by MDBSnake
http://www.mediafire.com/download/atann5veb5unnpf/SMD-09a.zip

Helmet shape (Arai GP5)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rtodu744fhh41di/Arai GP-5 RC 2008.rar
(make sure to use .psd files in template folder)

zmodeler with plugins for GP4.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9o811avn6gj8rrd/ZModeler - works with GP4.rar

video to help with skins, zmodeler, GP4 etc. (thanks to Steven Poirier for sending me this ages ago)

Available Driver List

Team Manager Waiting List
Jack Hunsley
Jamie Cocks
Andy Black

Wiki Page
http://race-department-simulation-career.wikia.com/wiki/Formula_FG_Championship

Last edited:
So welcome back everyone! Lets make sure we get the managers here firstly
@Jimlaad43 @kedy89 @Lesley Buurlage @mystaaRS @William Néron @Márk Lintner @miki2000milos @Steven Poirier @Tomas Ochlsager @XenForo
Hey guys, now what I am looking for from you guys is to announce your teams and carshapes one last time here if you can, just to confirm with me I have everything. Also, you can either post here, or PM to me your contracts to drivers. Note that if you don't send them before the pre-season test, I can't allow you or your drivers to buy anything until you send them to me, so do get them in.

The pre-season test will not be televised, but I am planning on having a pre-season video showing off the new cars.

EDIT: Also please include team nationality and commercial name if possible. If you don't have/want a commercial name, just the name of the team is fine, with or without engine maker

Last edited:
speedy racing season 2 car reveal
speedy racing has revealed the SR2-B, their car for the second season of the FFG championship, powered by bugatti engines and a more aerodynamic chassis, they hope to be even more competative as last season

(I can't upload pictures on phone, but they're in the other thread on page one)

For strategic reasons, driver contracts won't be revealed till after the pre-season test

Team nationality: dutch
Full name: Speedy Racing Bugatti
Commercial name: Speedy Racing

@Tim Engberink
@airutonpurosuto8912

Last edited:
speedy racing season 2 car reveal
speedy racing has revealed the SR2-B, their car for the second season of the FFG championship, powered by bugatti engines and a more aerodynamic chassis, they hope to be even more competative as last season

(I can't upload pictures on phone, but they're in the other thread on page one)

For strategic reasons, driver contracts won't be revealed till after the pre-season test
So you guys can't purchase until you send those to me.

Fine, jeez.
Commercial and full name: Apex Racing Team
Nationality: Monaco
Chassis: 2005 McLaren from the 2005 mod
Engine: Playlife
Drivers:
16) @Jarvis
17) @Millsy24
Car:
NwjyE0g.png

(render by JohnMaverick from grandprixgames.org)
--
if we have to post pictures of cars here what's the point of the video?
point of the video is that it doubles as not just seeing the cars on track, but I will commentate the expectations analysis (thats the word I wanted) of each team, instead of having to write it out.

@Aidan Keranen: will the engine values be revealed before the test?

Confirming the BRT entry. Names and nationality the same as last season, so BRT/BRT-Lamborghini/German.
Drivers @Diehl and @Benutzername

Original car:
Chassis: Williams FW18
Authors: soulbringer & kedy89
The engine values are revealed at the test, the marketplace opens after that. So then teams and drivers can see what their car is like before committing down any one pathway.

Last edited:
The engine values are revealed at the test, the marketplace opens after that. So then teams and drivers can see what their car is like before committing down any one pathway.
As there's no reward or anything like that for the pre-season test it should be fine if I reveal the contract details after the engine values are announced, is that correct?

As there's no reward or anything like that for the pre-season test it should be fine if I reveal the contract details after the engine values are announced, is that correct?
Yeah, the only reason to send them to me beforehand is if you want to make buys straight after the session is completed. If it makes no difference, then by all means wait for afterwards. But I need to get them at some stage, otherwise no buys at all :laugh::cautious:

Yeah, the only reason to send them to me beforehand is if you want to make buys straight after the session is completed. If it makes no difference, then by all means wait for afterwards. But I need to get them at some stage, otherwise no buys at all :laugh::cautious:
I kind of expected that you need them at some point, so that we can make our buys :laugh:

Will send you the infos as soon as I know the engine values then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%