FM4 RD FM League S2

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
6348207721_19cddfc4a9_b.jpg
For RD Licensed members ONLY

Overview
The RD FM3 League was a great success that had lots of close action. RD FM4 hopes to build on this to create an even more competitive league for all driver levels and to help get the all round feel of what FM4 is about. All types of races and cars will be involved to challenge everybody's abilities and to further their knowledge of upgrades and setups.

Prizes

I will be putting up 16 million credits to win, plus any donations drivers would like to make.
Prize cars will be awarded for Best Livery, Best Overtake and a secret competition you'll find out about at the end of the season.

Assists and Race Settings
The aim, is to make the racing as realistic as possible. Not all drivers are at the same level so some leniency has been made.

ABS OFF
TCS OFF
STM OFF
Easiest gears will be manual without clutch
Driving line is allowed for corners
Damage and collisions will be always on.
Any camera view is allowed.

Use the lack of assists to your advantage to set your car up. In the end your lap times will come down.

Setups

Take note that you will be encouraged to use your own setups as much as possible. This will get the best out of the car for you. Various restrictions applied to races, will make Storefront bought tunes difficult to find to meet the requirements. I will be posting tips for certain events to try and help some of you out with setups or driving lines.

Points System
Points will be awarded as follows for every race:
1[SUP]st[/SUP] – 25
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] – 22
3[SUP]rd[/SUP] – 19
4[SUP]th[/SUP] – 17
5[SUP]th[/SUP] – 15
6[SUP]th[/SUP] – 13
7[SUP]th[/SUP] – 11
8[SUP]th[/SUP] – 9
9[SUP]th[/SUP] – 8
10[SUP]th[/SUP] – 7
11[SUP]th[/SUP] – 6
12[SUP]th[/SUP] – 5
13[SUP]th[/SUP] – 4
14[SUP]th[/SUP] – 3
15[SUP]th[/SUP] – 2
16[SUP]th[/SUP] – 1

1 additional point will be awarded for the fastest lap/time of each track. Events such as Round 2 will only have 1 fastest lap point available, because we only race on one track. Round 1 will have a fastest lap point for each track.

For the events with heats, Your position in the event after all heats are completed will score you points also.

Example
Heat 1 – Driver A, 25pts / Driver B, 22pts / Driver C, 19pts
Heat 2 – Driver C, 25pts / Driver A, 22pts / Driver B, 19pts

Final Results – Driver A, 47pts + 25pts for overall victory = 72pts
Driver C, 44pts + 22pts for 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] overall = 66pts
Driver B, 41pts + 19pts for 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] overall = 60pts

All results count towards the final championship positions. Every point you score will make you more money at the end of the season.

Stewards Room
RD Rules will apply for this league which can be found here >> http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/29908-league-regulations-2011-a.html << unless stated in this post.

If there is an incident during the race that cannot or was not resolved straight away, it will be looked at after the race by the race officials. Penalties will be received by any driver in the wrong. This could be a time penalty or a DSQ if the incident was serious enough.

Any incidents that you want to raise concerns with, must be video uploaded by you via Youtube, to the Stewards Room thread. It is not the job of the mods to search through replays for your incident. There will always be someone who has saved the replay so if you want an incident looked at, you can. No incident will be investigated if there is no video to back it up.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................
Please post any questions and ideas!! More info coming soon...

Dan Smith / MysticViibrosis

Hey Guys, really looking forward to this. i have been working on a Chevy Spark (which i hate lol) and have it at F195.
Best i can manage is 53.133 Iberian -short. Wondering what others are doing?

I am not a set up expert but understand the basics, i try and change one thing at a time and then run at least 10 laps after tires are to temp. On this front wheel drive car i still need the rear tires to be at 175 Degrees across the patch right? my air pressure is at 29 F and 28 rear. the fronts get to about 31.5 f and rears to 30.5

I have the rear air foil on but all down force (front & rear) are set to minimum which 50 & 75lbs down force. Should i remove these as i do not believe they help much under 80mph? and i am not often above that or much above on this track...

Thanks for any input
rich

Well Richard I'm nowhere near those times in my 2 cars that I've been testing so far. I get to around 55.233 or 55.421 and that's with a Fox or CR-z. However I have to admit that I'm not a genius at tuning a setup for a car. So will need to read-up on that to understand it all. However I do think that Aero won't have much of an effect on these cars. But the trick will be to find a balanced setup for the Iberian short and Iberian full. You could go fast around the short one but struggle on the Full circuit as the overall speed will be higher there.

Yep your right on with the aero Peter, i took it off bu that bumped the car to a 205PI so then i had to dump HP to get back down to a 195pi. lost about 2 HP....

Can we not change tunes between the short and full course? if not then your correct i need to find more balance in my set up to accommodate both track lengths.

Now to get those times i am cutting the grass a bit on that final corner before the start/finish which throws me a lil out of shape for corner 1. i have a 52.999 best which is good for 675 on the leader board! but run consistent 53.5's

Love the idea of no store bought tunes.

rs

Well Richard I'm nowhere near those times in my 2 cars that I've been testing so far. I get to around 55.233 or 55.421 and that's with a Fox or CR-z. However I have to admit that I'm not a genius at tuning a setup for a car. So will need to read-up on that to understand it all. However I do think that Aero won't have much of an effect on these cars. But the trick will be to find a balanced setup for the Iberian short and Iberian full. You could go fast around the short one but struggle on the Full circuit as the overall speed will be higher there.

Can we not change tunes between the short and full course? if not then your correct i need to find more balance in my set up to accommodate both track lengths.

Yes you can have tunes for each track. There will always be a small break between races to allow for this.

Now to get those times i am cutting the grass a bit on that final corner before the start/finish which throws me a lil out of shape for corner 1. i have a 52.999 best which is good for 675 on the leader board! but run consistent 53.5's

Impressive stuff there Richard! Looking forward to competing against you.

6348207721_19cddfc4a9_z.jpg

Round 1 - Starter Car Showdown, Tuesday 17th January 2012

Lobby opens at 8:10pm, Race starts at 8:30pm GMT.

If you can't make the race, please let me (Dan) or another admin aware of your absence in the event thread (here). We will not be happy if you do not let us know!

Race 1 - Iberian Short (1.14 Miles) - 11 laps
Race 2 - Iberian Full (1.49 Miles) - 12 laps

Make sure your cars are painted with your colours (doesn't have to be anything special) and your number is clearly displayed on at least the sides of the car. Don't forget about a Race Department logo somewhere on your car.

Cars tunable to F195

Eligible cars:
2011 Ford Ka
2011 Toyota Aygo
2011 Citroen C1
2011 Volkswagen Fox
2011 Peugeot 107
2011 Hyundai ix20
2011 Chevrolet Spark
2011 Nissan Micra
2011 Vauxhall Agila

I'm not going to bother with adding a signup list for each race, because if you have signed up you will be expected to the race, but make sure you post if you can't race.

Practice Times: Iberian Short

1. Dan Smith - 52.946 (Ford Ka)
2. Richard Strapple - 52.999 (Chevy Spark)
3. Wayne Thomas - 53.xxx (Ford Ka)
4. Jim Smith - 53.623 (Chevy Spark)
5. Chris Bell - 53.900 (Chevy Spark)
6. Daz Webb - 55.390 (Citroen C1)
7. Peter Vermeulen - 55.421 (VW Fox)

Practice Times: Iberian Full

1. Dan Smith - 1:07.825 (Ford Ka)
2. Jim Smith - 1:07.947 (Chevy Spark)
3. Wayne Thomas - 1:08.xxx (Ford Ka)
4. Chris Bell - 1:08.566 (Chevy Spark)
5. Daz Webb - 1:09.327 (Citreon C1)
6. Richard Strapple - 1:09.419 (Chevy Spark)
7. Peter Vermeulen - 1:10.405 (Toyota Aygo)

6348207721_19cddfc4a9_z.jpg

Round 2 - Stock Kia Cee'd, Tuesday 24th January 2012

Lobby opens at 8:10pm, Race starts at 8:30pm GMT.

If you can't make the race, please let me (Dan) or another admin aware of your absence in the event thread (here). We will not be happy if you do not let us know!

Race 1 - Top Gear Test Track (1.75 Miles) - 8 laps
Race 2 - Top Gear Test Track (1.75 Miles) - 10 laps

Make sure your cars are painted with your colours (doesn't have to be anything special) and your number is clearly displayed on at least the sides of the car.

Stock upgrades at F168, you can tune you cars (eg, Type Pressures)

Eligible cars:
Kia Cee'd

I'm not going to bother with adding a signup list for each race, because if you have signed up you will be expected to the race, but make sure you post if you can't race.

Practice Times: Top Gear Test Track
1. Chris Bell - 1:34.7
2. Dan Smith - 1:34.922
3. Jim Smith - 1:34.943
4. Steve Freeman - 1:35.0
5. Karl Raper - 1:35:481
6. Wayne Thomas - 1:36.359
7. Alexander Macdonald - 1:36.666
8. Daz Webb - 1:37.450
9. Peter Vermeulen - 1:37.558

Thanks Dave, decent time for running solo on the track just vs. my ghost car. in traffic is another deal aswe all know.

which brings me to my next question - i run in bumper camera view, i feel it gives me best prospective.
What camera mode do most of you guys run? Problem with this angle is i do not get a rear view mirror. I some time start in Far Chase for the start so i can see my rear bump and when i am clear or not.

Any thoughts opinions?

rs

Yes you can have tunes for each track. There will always be a small break between races to allow for this.

Impressive stuff there Richard! Looking forward to competing against you.

Thanks Dave, decent time for running solo on the track just vs. my ghost car. in traffic is another deal aswe all know.

which brings me to my next question - i run in bumper camera view, i feel it gives me best prospective.
What camera mode do most of you guys run? Problem with this angle is i do not get a rear view mirror. I some time start in Far Chase for the start so i can see my rear bump and when i am clear or not.

Any thoughts opinions?

rs

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 244 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%