FM4 RD FM League S2

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
6348207721_19cddfc4a9_b.jpg
For RD Licensed members ONLY

Overview
The RD FM3 League was a great success that had lots of close action. RD FM4 hopes to build on this to create an even more competitive league for all driver levels and to help get the all round feel of what FM4 is about. All types of races and cars will be involved to challenge everybody's abilities and to further their knowledge of upgrades and setups.

Prizes

I will be putting up 16 million credits to win, plus any donations drivers would like to make.
Prize cars will be awarded for Best Livery, Best Overtake and a secret competition you'll find out about at the end of the season.

Assists and Race Settings
The aim, is to make the racing as realistic as possible. Not all drivers are at the same level so some leniency has been made.

ABS OFF
TCS OFF
STM OFF
Easiest gears will be manual without clutch
Driving line is allowed for corners
Damage and collisions will be always on.
Any camera view is allowed.

Use the lack of assists to your advantage to set your car up. In the end your lap times will come down.

Setups

Take note that you will be encouraged to use your own setups as much as possible. This will get the best out of the car for you. Various restrictions applied to races, will make Storefront bought tunes difficult to find to meet the requirements. I will be posting tips for certain events to try and help some of you out with setups or driving lines.

Points System
Points will be awarded as follows for every race:
1[SUP]st[/SUP] – 25
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] – 22
3[SUP]rd[/SUP] – 19
4[SUP]th[/SUP] – 17
5[SUP]th[/SUP] – 15
6[SUP]th[/SUP] – 13
7[SUP]th[/SUP] – 11
8[SUP]th[/SUP] – 9
9[SUP]th[/SUP] – 8
10[SUP]th[/SUP] – 7
11[SUP]th[/SUP] – 6
12[SUP]th[/SUP] – 5
13[SUP]th[/SUP] – 4
14[SUP]th[/SUP] – 3
15[SUP]th[/SUP] – 2
16[SUP]th[/SUP] – 1

1 additional point will be awarded for the fastest lap/time of each track. Events such as Round 2 will only have 1 fastest lap point available, because we only race on one track. Round 1 will have a fastest lap point for each track.

For the events with heats, Your position in the event after all heats are completed will score you points also.

Example
Heat 1 – Driver A, 25pts / Driver B, 22pts / Driver C, 19pts
Heat 2 – Driver C, 25pts / Driver A, 22pts / Driver B, 19pts

Final Results – Driver A, 47pts + 25pts for overall victory = 72pts
Driver C, 44pts + 22pts for 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] overall = 66pts
Driver B, 41pts + 19pts for 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] overall = 60pts

All results count towards the final championship positions. Every point you score will make you more money at the end of the season.

Stewards Room
RD Rules will apply for this league which can be found here >> http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/29908-league-regulations-2011-a.html << unless stated in this post.

If there is an incident during the race that cannot or was not resolved straight away, it will be looked at after the race by the race officials. Penalties will be received by any driver in the wrong. This could be a time penalty or a DSQ if the incident was serious enough.

Any incidents that you want to raise concerns with, must be video uploaded by you via Youtube, to the Stewards Room thread. It is not the job of the mods to search through replays for your incident. There will always be someone who has saved the replay so if you want an incident looked at, you can. No incident will be investigated if there is no video to back it up.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................
Please post any questions and ideas!! More info coming soon...

Dan Smith / MysticViibrosis

6348229759_ba23eb0208_b.jpg

Events will be held on Tuesdays.
The lobby will open at 8:10pm GMT.
The events will start at 8:30pm GMT.

The calendar has now been finalized. The events will always go ahead on the dates below, so people will miss the race if they can't make it. The same goes for me. If you can't make it to the race make sure you let one of the admins know.

The first heat/race of any event will always be started at 8:30pm GMT, so make sure you've got any snacks or drinks to hand, also make sure you've gone to the toilet. No one wants to be waiting around. After the first heat/race there will a small break unless everyone is happy to continue. The same goes for any further heats/races after that.

Each event will have it's own thread. Each thread will have all the information relevant to that event.

Please post any questions or issues.

Dan.

Race Calendar

These events have been removed from the calendar. Some down to having similar races having been run already or for being better suited to a future upcoming event.

V8 SUPERCARS @ SILVERSTONE
STOCK GUMPERT APOLLO @ ROAD AMERICA
FERRARI VS LAMBO @ MUGELLO
GT1 @ SEBRING
DTM @ HOCKENHEIM
MOTEGI 1HR @ MOTEGI SPEEDWAY
MULTI CLASS @ LE MANS

These are the last 7 rounds of RDFM4 this time around. I have removed the 2 race format and just created 1 race on each date.

19/06/12 - Round 17 - (S CLASS) STOCK NISSAN GT-R @ MAPLE VALLEY FULL - 21 LAPS
26/06/12 - Round 18 - (S CLASS) CORVETTE VS VIPER @ SEDONA FULL - 17 LAPS
03/07/12 - Round 19 - (R3 CLASS) PRODUCTION @ INDIANAPOLIS F1 – 30 LAPS
10/07/12 - Round 20 - (R2 CLASS) JGTC/SUPER 500 @ SUZUKA FULL – 28 LAPS
24/07/12 - Round 21 - (LMS FORMAT) MULTI CLASS @ NORDSCHLEIFE – 8 LAPS
14/08/12 - Round 22 - (R1 CLASS)INDY 1HR @ BRICKYARD
21/08/12 - Round 23 – (B CLASS) RE-RUN OF ROUND 12 @ 4WD FUJIMI KAIDO FULL 4 LAPS

Unfortunately not everyone is gonna like this, so as an added treat, tuning can go up to the maximum PI for the class and STOREFRONT tunes can be used if you want to,

The top 3 in the championship (1st Karl, 2nd Chris, 3rd Dan) will still upgrade 5PI below the max of class.

Any questions, just ask! :)

Any thing you want to talk about relating the RD FM4 League, post it here.

I need 4 drift events for the league. Anyone got any ideas?

I will be adding 4 oval races, 4 point 2 point events and 4 drag events in the next few days. Again, if anyone has any ideas for these it will be much appreciated.

The drivers entering, will buy the cheapest car from me for 500,000cr through the auction house. All this money will be saved then I will buy the cars back for the amount the driver wins at the end of the league.

Great work Dan sounds gud. Just 1 point though about the tuning situation. My only concern about encouraging people to do their own tunes, which I do agree with, we might end up with the winner the guy who's the best at tuning and not driving, Just a thought mate.

Great work Dan sounds gud. Just 1 point though about the tuning situation. My only concern about encouraging people to do their own tunes, which I do agree with, we might end up with the winner the guy who's the best at tuning and not driving, Just a thought mate.

That's always a possibility, but to get a good tune usually you have to have a good idea of how to drive, and how the car will react to certain setup options.

If someone goes out and buys a tune from the Storefront, the winner may be someone that perhaps lacks the skill usually needed to win, because their tune could be a world record tune. I think there is plenty of information floating around RD and other sites for people to get the idea of how to tune the car for themselves, and I'm sure most of us will also lend a helping hand.

We may be able to set up 2 leagues if there are enough people that sign up. This would then mean having to do qualification to assign your league. Plus side of this is that everyone will be closer to each other in performance.

One step at a time though for now...

Thursday conflicts with the F1 practice races. It may be possible to work around the Clio league dates. Say if the Clios are on Tuesday we could race on the Friday and vice versa.
That would be wicked for me. I really want to do this, but will understand if it puts others out too much. Will this league be every week? If so we could probably do Tuesday nights and then the Friday night on the one week a month when Clio is on Tuesday.

That's always a possibility, but to get a good tune usually you have to have a good idea of how to drive, and how the car will react to certain setup options.

If someone goes out and buys a tune from the Storefront, the winner may be someone that perhaps lacks the skill usually needed to win, because their tune could be a world record tune. I think there is plenty of information floating around RD and other sites for people to get the idea of how to tune the car for themselves, and I'm sure most of us will also lend a helping hand.

Fair point, just a thought.

Really looking forward to this.

I've had to give up karting for the foreseeable future due to the wife and I buying our first home so this is now how I will get my racing kicks!

Fingers crossed that Santa brings me my Fanatec CSPs for Xmas... :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back