RD F1 Designer Competition

A question:

How do you folks avoid the white noisyness inside the lines in the shapes when you use the paint bucket tool? Or do you use another way of coloring the car?

Example of my problem:
View attachment 71820
I am using gimp. First, i completely do the "form" of the car. Paint it black.

Then i double it and select everything which is not transparent and make the selection 3pixels smaller.
Then i delete everything within that selection

-> Ive got one layer with the 3pixel wide black border and one layer where everything within this area is coloured.

-> I paint on a new layer, when im finished, i select the layer where everything is coloured, invert the selection and delete everything around that selection on my newest layer with the livery on it.

Now ive got the border-layer on top, the livery layer below and the black layer with the compelte filled form invisible at the bottom.

Meh, completely horrible explained :D

@Omer Said you could also use Colour Replacement Tool, and only select the part which you want to change ;)

P.S Anyway, it doesn't matter from what I have seen of the car here ;)

@Omer Said.

First off, turn Anti-Alias on.
Secondly, I actually use the Pen Tool to create the shape, which automatically fills it without noise, or I use the Polygonal Lasso Tool and then the fill bucket to get the shape. I use the Line tool to add the black lines around the edges near the end ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%