RD BMW M235i Racing Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricoow

Premium
tDjKPJB.jpg

If you want to participate in the newest championship you need to sign up here.
Sign-up Form said:
Name:
Teamname:
I have read and understood the notes: Yes/No
Notes:
- By signing up you agree that you have read and understood the league rules and that you will always follow these rules.
- By signing up you commit yourself to a full season of this series. Not attending an event without leaving a report of absence or not attending to multiple events (you can miss only one event when you notice us in time) may result in disqualification from the cup.

- Keep this thread clean only for signups please, all other posts belong in the general discussion.

Last edited:
h7Grc89.jpg

The Virtual BMW M235i Racing Cup, shortened as M235i RC, is a new racing league hosted by RaceDepartment. This very competative 333BHP-beast is a great way to start your League Career and will surely give some very entertaining races to watch, to drive and to follow during its medium length races.

This league is set up especially for the European community with Wednesday races starting from 18:00GMT.
General Time Schedule:
Booking: 17:00GMT
Practice: 18:00GMT
Qualification: 19:00GMT
Break: 19:15GMT
Race: 19:20GMT (100KM, Approx. 45 minutes)

If you want to join in please signup here before May 13th, but make sure you have read the League Rules first. We at RaceDepartment will provide you with a template created by @Sunny Sky Speed for creating your own personal skin right here. If you do not have the necessary skills to create a skin for yourself, contact us through this thread.

To ensure everybody has an even chance during the Pre-Qualification, the track will be announced just prior to the event!

Points Scheme:
Points.png

DNF = 0 Points
To be classified you have to have covered 90% of the race distance.
Amount of laps will be rounded to the nearest.
Example: Silverstone = 28 laps. 90% = 25.2 laps -> 25 laps must be completed

Threads:
Pre-Qualification - Wed 20th May - Mystery Track
Race 1 - Wed 3rd June - Silverstone International
Race 2 - Wed 10th June - Donington National (Mod)
Race 3 - Wed 17th June - Imola
Race 4 - Wed 24th June - Nurburgring Sprint
Results & Standings

For questions you can head to the Paddock, or contact the organisatory staff.
@Si
@Ricardo
@Akis

Last edited:
h7Grc89.jpg

The General RD League rules apply to this series.

Point Structure
The Point Structure will be announced as soon as it is clear, how many divisions we will have to run.

Maximum Participators
There will be a maximum of 24 drivers per division and up to 3 divisions will be hosted. The amount of divisions is subject to change depending on the amount of signups.

Premium Only
This league is a premium only league, without a premium subscription we will not allow you to sign up. You will need an active premium subscription during the entire season!

Race Structure
To determine the starting list for race 1, we will run a Pre-Qualification Event on a track we announce on Pre-Qualification day. This event allows you to have 4 hours to set your best possible laptime. Pre-Qualification starts at 18:00GMT and ends at 22:00GMT on Wednesday May 20th. Fastest 22 drivers will be grouped together, the next 22 will be grouped in a second division and so on untill we have filled up the maximum participators.

Our Races follow the following schedule.
Starting June 3rd, 4 weekly races on Wednesday evening.
Booking: 17:00GMT (60 mins)
Practice: 18:00GMT (60 mins)
Qualification: 19:00GMT (15 mins)
Race: 19:20GMT (100 km)

Race distance is 100 kilometres. The lapcount will be adjusted to the first lap that exceeds a total distance of 100 kilometres.

Promotion/Relegation
During the season you can promote or relegate from your current division. The first 5 of a division will promote, and the last 5 of a division will relegate. Even if you heavily crash, you should continue racing and fix your car as it can still get you out of the relegation zone!!

Incidents and Penalties
Incidents happen, it is a part of racing. Some incidents are avoidable, some aren't. Those that are avoidable should be avoided at any time! We, the Race Control, can not always see everything that happens on track, therefore we rely on you. If you feel disadvantaged by an unfair move of an opponent you have the right to report this opponent up to 48 hours after the race. We require at least 3 different angles of video, as well as onboard videos from all involved drivers. Send the videos and a brief explanation of what happened to the Race Host and we will review the incident with our 7 member board, to decide what will happen in terms of penalties. Some of these members will not be part of the league races itself to ensure we come up with a fully unbiased verdict.
Penalties can range from time penalties (3-120 seconds) to disqualification or points deduction.

Last edited:
h7Grc89.jpg

The M235i RC expects every driver to have a unique car livery. In this thread you can find the template for downloading, made by @Sunny Sky Speed. If you do not have the skills to create a livery yourself we can suit you up with a livery yourself here.

Finished liveries can be uploaded to our download manager or third party file share sites. Send a link to Sunny Sky Speed containing your finished livery. (Drivers without liveries will be refused from the grid). A skinpack will be created afterwards.

Skintemplate Download
Rimtemplate

The Skintemplate is released! In this thread you may post your skin once it is finished or send it by PM to @Sunny Sky Speed . Carnumbers will be added afterwards!

If you still need a livery: you can request a general RD skin here or try and get into contact with one of the other livery creators.

Rules regarding the skins are provided in a readme file!

DISCLAIMER: Only use Trademarked or Copyrighted company names, brands or logo's with consent of the respective owner. RaceDepartment does not take any responsibility for illegal usage of trademarked or copyrighted content. (As stated in the League rules - Point 8B)

Last edited:
h7Grc89.jpg

In this thread you can report your absence to a race (only once!). Please state which race you will be absent.
Ofcourse during Pre-Qualification we do not accept absentees. No time is no grid spot.
Being absent does cause you te relegate when possible.
Absence reports have to be filed 24 hours prior to the start of the practice session! (18:00GMT) Late reports will be treated as no show.

Accepted Absence Reports:
Race 1:

Smokeysworld
OMGitsOLLi

Race 2:
RS201
Stelios
Daniel Holst
Pavel Suchacek

Race 3:
David Cuthill
Jim Liak

Race 4:
Galin Dimov

Last edited:
h7Grc89.jpg

In the paddock you can meet up with your fellow drivers, discuss upcoming races, predict standings etc. Feel free to discuss everything Championship related here!

Last edited by a moderator:
"The league will take participants on a tour of Europe, and will allow them to battle it out for the top spot at some of its most iconic circuits, including Silverstone, Spa Francorchamps, Imola and the Nürburgring."

I can see Donington instead of Spa? :D

"The league will take participants on a tour of Europe, and will allow them to battle it out for the top spot at some of its most iconic circuits, including Silverstone, Spa Francorchamps, Imola and the Nürburgring."

I can see Donington instead of Spa? :D
That is a good find my friend.

Also are you going to keep that teamname?

Will a skin be assigned to us if we can't make our own? I've never done it before and don't really intend on learning it either at moment :p
(I've read the thread about custom liveries, just asking whether we have to go through some kind of procedure if we don't have a skin.)

Will a skin be assigned to us if we can't make our own? I've never done it before and don't really intend on learning it either at moment :p
(I've read the thread about custom liveries, just asking whether we have to go through some kind of procedure if we don't have a skin.)
You can point this out after PreQ, we will make sure we have a load of skins available to the drivers whenever somebody is unable to create his/her own. Also if anybody here loves to create some skins, they are always welcome to volunteer in helping the drivers out. @Sunny Sky Speed is delivering us some great liveries for those in need ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%