RD 3.0 Style - Feedback and Suggestions

Just noticed that the "Discussion" thread of a mod hides behind the "Ask A Question" button... which is a bit weird, I'd connect Ask A Question with something like the feature of the same name on Amazon product pages. Why not call it "Support-Thread"? Both to make clear that it aims at the forum, and to stop people from posting their questions as reviews.

We have called it support thread for years and people don't use it. instead they ask questions in the review section instead.

Thankfully since the change of position and wording more people are now "asking a question" in the right support thread so it does it's job already.

Don't forget we have a whole new generation of gamers who have zero experience with forums and are brought up with discord. They post random questions in random places not fully understanding the hierachy of a forum structure yet, so having clear wording how to ask questions really helps.

We go with the choosen route now of trying to highlight the ask a queston button and monitor the results over time. So far it's looking pretty good.

Last edited:
Can the alert bell icon be moved to the permanent menu bar? When I have clicked on an alert the corresponding post is shown. When I have read that I have to scroll all the way up to see the alert bell again so I can read the next alert. Move the social media icons to where the alert bell is now, I don't use those (but that's just me perhaps).

Hi,
First, I don't really understand why there was a need to redesign the site as it was just fine before but please, just please :

Put the download size back. We're not blessed with great internet and now I have to click download and save and cancel, instead of just seeing the damn size before the "upgrade".

I also agree with the other comments that the letter spacing/font size is too big

Can the alert bell icon be moved to the permanent menu bar? When I have clicked on an alert the corresponding post is shown. When I have read that I have to scroll all the way up to see the alert bell again so I can read the next alert. Move the social media icons to where the alert bell is now, I don't use those (but that's just me perhaps).
Well, that was quickly changed. Thanks, webmasters. :thumbsup:

Hi,
First, I don't really understand why there was a need to redesign the site as it was just fine before but please, just please :

Some times a redesign can be forced due to the software being used as well, discontinuing support on older versions and similar.
Now, I should point out that while I am a staff, I have no idea, influence or anything to do with the site, designs, upgrades etc. I run the rally championship, and are 50% of the rF2 club staff. Nothing more, nothing less :)

I don't really understand why there was a need to redesign the site as it was just fine before
We have upgraded 0.8 points in total on the software as we were massively behind. So it's not just the exterior. We've got a brand new engine running on the hood again :inlove:

Well, that was quickly changed. Thanks, webmasters. :thumbsup:
@PERuss ftw!!

Hi,

Put the download size back. We're not blessed with great internet and now I have to click download and save and cancel, instead of just seeing the damn size before the "upgrade".

I also agree with the other comments that the letter spacing/font size is too big
Because you asked so kind and friendly on your first post on RD ever we have changed it immediately for you.

Hello! After all these years it's going to take a while to get used to the new looks, but it looks nice regardless. If I may ask, when clicking on the comments in posts on the main page in the old UI (feels like I am talking about rFactor 2 :D) it used to take me to the first unseen comment. Could this functionality be restored somehow in some form? Thanks!

I don't see a lightning bolt even maximized?
I just found out something weird: I can't see the lightning bolt on PC or iPad, but I can see it on my iPhone. How geeky is that? And the icon for the mode change seems to have taken its place on iPad or PC. But on iPhone I can see the lightening icon, but no mode change lamp?

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing