RD 3.0 Style - Feedback and Suggestions

Nope, weirdly, everything seems fine, regardless of the skin or width.

Feel free to delete my posts, if it helps :)
Glitch in the Matrix then
image.jpg

Super nitpick here: I almost never use the 'Change style' icon in the top-right and yet something about it keeps making me thinks it's the notifications or What's new icon and I end up clicking it. Did the order change at some point? Could it be moved to the right of the What's new icon?

Put another way, when something is not regularly accessed, it's presence just becomes irritating.

Like I said, super nitpick, but it has been bugging me for weeks or months now. Maybe it bothers someone else, too *shrug*

I find the site very clean and elegant looking, otherwise, on desktop where I use it most, and functionally it does most of of what I want so kudos on that!

Super nitpick here: I almost never use the 'Change style' icon in the top-right and yet something about it keeps making me thinks it's the notifications or What's new icon and I end up clicking it. Did the order change at some point? Could it be moved to the right of the What's new icon?

Put another way, when something is not regularly accessed, it's presence just becomes irritating.

Like I said, super nitpick, but it has been bugging me for weeks or months now. Maybe it bothers someone else, too *shrug*

I find the site very clean and elegant looking, otherwise, on desktop where I use it most, and functionally it does most of of what I want so kudos on that!
I'm 50/50 on rd via phone and via pc and I frequently change the mode at the pc because the skin button isn't there on my phone.
On the phone it's pm/alerts/what's new/search but at the pc there's the light bulb icon between alerts and what's new.

With the rest I'm fine with. Works very well lately :)

Suggestion: Move conversation "invite" to top-row buttons (Edit | Star | Mark Unread | Leave) because, even though I"ve been here for years and knew it was possible, I never saw *how* to invite until just now I was looking all around and finally found it on the far bottom-right where usually non-conversation content is and it was scrolled off the bottom of the screen, even though I'm on a 1440p desktop with a pretty large window for RD(*).

*Run on sentences ftw

I'm 50/50 on rd via phone and via pc and I frequently change the mode at the pc because the skin button isn't there on my phone.
On the phone it's pm/alerts/what's new/search but at the pc there's the light bulb icon between alerts and what's new.

With the rest I'm fine with. Works very well lately :)
@Bram Hengeveld or maybe @Neilski or @VernWozza
Little push about this. I find this really annoying smh, sorry... I'm hitting that lightbulb every day or two.
Could you move it between what's new and the search?

My inner structure is basically:
"PM -> alerts -> what's new" and "search on the far right".
So having something between these two section that I have in my mind wouldn't be an issue but splitting alerts and what's new screws with my muscle memory :x3::roflmao:

@Bram Hengeveld or maybe @Neilski or @VernWozza
Little push about this. I find this really annoying smh, sorry... I'm hitting that lightbulb every day or two.
Could you move it between what's new and the search?

My inner structure is basically:
"PM -> alerts -> what's new" and "search on the far right".
So having something between these two section that I have in my mind wouldn't be an issue but splitting alerts and what's new screws with my muscle memory :x3::roflmao:
Personally never hit it once, well only when I changed it to dark mode. Where did you get your mouse control license, sounds like a you problem :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Personally never hit it once, well only when I changed it to dark mode. Where did you get your mouse control license, sounds like a you problem :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
I should probably stop hitting the what's new button when I'm taking a dumb while having the phone with me :roflmao::poop:
It's really just the change from phone to desktop that's the issue, not the placement in general.

+1 Kill/Move the lightbulb. It's really a site management thing I don't think it should be in the site menu bar.
Funnily enough I just found out that on the mobile page, change style and style chooser are entries at the very bottom.
Never bothered to look for dark mode on the phone but found it while accidentally scrolling to the bottom.

So why this discrepancy?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years