RD 3.0 Style - Feedback and Suggestions

Something I haven't seen in here yet but can we get an option to hide the how to install mods video taking up your entire screen in the downloads section? To me, this seems wasted space for people used to the process and it no longer seems to be possible to hide it using adblocker.

I still miss the download size, so that you know at least how big the download will be und thus you know how long it might take.
Also the readability is not really great und should be improved. I liked the old layout a lot more.

I still miss the download size, so that you know at least how big the download will be und thus you know how long it might take.
Also the readability is not really great und should be improved. I liked the old layout a lot more.
Please add a screenshot if you can about the "readability". I keep reading the feedback but i can't reproduce any issues with our font on whatever device i am on. Looks alright on my side.

I was not the only one complaining about the readability. It must be the type of font or the color of the background. If you have still pictures of the old layout, try to campare it. Would it be possible to offer different designs, where the user could switch to?
But try at least to bring back the display of the download size.

We have a list of bugs and requests that we are prioritizing so repeating the same request won't change anything.

Can you add a screenshot of an example where you have readibility issues?

We have a list of bugs and requests that we are prioritizing so repeating the same request won't change anything.

Can you add a screenshot of an example where you have readibility issues?
There's no need for a screenshot. The font is bad because it is too wide. The result of that is that fewer words fit into a single line, so during reading you either getting the information slower than before, or you have to speed up your scanning of the text lines. Also, less text fit into a single screen than before which forces you to scroll more. Both issues are an unnecessary nuisance when you're trying to a read a long post.

If you'd like to see a particular example, here it is: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...ay-11th-april-2021.201154/page-6#post-3376217

Here's the screenshot for the entire post from that link. I hope Jack won't mind me using that

1618335601395.png

Last edited:
Here's how it looks on my iPhone, I don't see any problem?
Edit: the screenshot that I've posted here makes a false impression, the original fills the whole screen on my iPhone and is very easy to read. I have no idea why I can't post the screenshot full size as it were

Attachments

• 806D5A6E-09BF-4431-BDA0-D1B6E58E996F.jpeg
    806D5A6E-09BF-4431-BDA0-D1B6E58E996F.jpeg
    398.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Here's how it looks on my iPhone, I don't see any problem?
Edit: the screenshot that I've posted here makes a false impression, the original fills the whole screen on my iPhone and is very easy to read. I have no idea why I can't post the screenshot full size as it were
I could not find a screenshot of the old forum design, but I found this instead and I believe the forum used the same kind of font. It has much better readability for me. I think it is because text lines are visually more separated from each other due to the words built from narrower letters appearing more dense (it's hard to explain, but I hope this makes some sense)

1618339694138.png

I really like the new logo and I have no readability issues whatsoever, neither on my phone nor my laptop. Still have to re-explore other parts of the site but I'm sure I'll get used to the new design in no time.
Hell, we've had worse things to adapt to this past year ;)

It may just be personal preference, but here is a screenshot showing the old typeface at the top, vs the new, extended typeface at the bottom. I certainly find the top more comfortable to read.

View attachment 464880
I must say that now I have seen a direct comparison between old and new, the new font would appear to be a bit bigger, maybe 0.5pt. Whether being bigger makes it harder to read is a moot point, for me it looks fine. I don't know how hard it would be to reduce the font size on the site, maybe that would be a solution?
I'll admit It was a bit strange at first, but during the transition period it looked different every time I visited the site anyway. I've tried it now on iPhone, iPad and PC using Chrome. It looks fine to me. Maybe try dark mode? That made a difference for me.

Last edited:
Wonder if there ever was a site that had a new look, which I liked more than the old look :D

But I'll get used to it, just like all the other sites. Although I still use the old Reddit UI, and will forever.

The logo reminds a bit of rFactor 2 logo, does that mean RD now has rF2 bias? :p And maybe the [ 1 ] when you get new messages/notifications was easier to spot, when it was red vs. current blue

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing