RBRTM (czech mod) reverts to vanilla physics.

north

Premium
Whenever I use the Tournament plugin (Shakedown) the physics reverts to vanilla, even if it says on the screen that NGP 592 is active. Stays that way in all other game modes as well, even after restarting game.
I'm using NGP cars, installed with RBRCIT. Cars work fine in my other RBR installations with NGP physics.
Tried on vanilla as well as dl tracks.
Tried with compatability mode and as admin.
Running win 10, Ryzen 2600, GTX 660.

Any clues?

Any clues?

Nope. None whatsoever.

So how the cars behave then, as in how can you tell that the physics are vanilla (even with NGP's ShowRevision text being what it is)? Is it the usual car hardly moving, perhaps?

Be that as it may, first I would re-download the NGP plugin with RBRCIT + re-download the physics for all cars as well. And install some cars and try again. If you haven't already.

Nope. None whatsoever.

So how the cars behave then, as in how can you tell that the physics are vanilla (even with NGP's ShowRevision text being what it is)? Is it the usual car hardly moving, perhaps?
Thanks for your reply. The cars behave just like in the vanilla installment. Fast revving engine, fast accelerating cars, snappy handbrake and generally same speed and feel as vanilla. Nothing at all like NGP ACTIVE or the crawl of NGP INACTIVE.
Be that as it may, first I would re-download the NGP plugin with RBRCIT + re-download the physics for all cars as well. And install some cars and try again. If you haven't already.
Haven't gotten around to that yet but I shall test out your suggestion tomorrow. Cheers

Well, seems to be a weird issue.
At least the plugin is installed and active. Otherwise it would not state ACTIVE, rev.592.

There is only one place where RBRTM reads its car physics from: the physics.rbz file.
It does not fall back to the physics folder as standard RBR and e.g. TrainingDay do.
So, you should make sure that the physics.rbz file is being written correctly.
Check the file contents with 7-zip or whatever, the tagging files like "Opel Ascona 400..." should be present in the "vanilla" folders like e.g. "s_i2000".

Maybe an issue with a read-only attribute or similar ?
Are you sure you are using the correct RBRCIT instance in exactly this location ?

There is only one place where RBRTM reads its car physics from: the physics.rbz file.
It does not fall back to the physics folder as standard RBR and e.g. TrainingDay do.
So, you should make sure that the physics.rbz file is being written correctly.
Check the file contents with 7-zip or whatever, the tagging files like "Opel Ascona 400..." should be present in the "vanilla" folders like e.g. "s_i2000".
Thanks for your reply.
Physics.rbz is not being written to. The physics folder has NGP files in the various car folders but no such thing in the physics.rbz car folders. There is no write protection ticked.

Last edited:
Baffling.

Even if you began with vanilla physics.rbz where everything is read-only by default, RBRCIT should be able to remove that attribute automatically from every file whenever you press Apply for the first time.

If your current physics.rbz still has every file as read-only, then I would do something along these lines:
1) Run RBRCIT and from Tools → Restore Original RBR Cars, exit RBRCIT.
2) Delete the folder Physics (not necessary, but let's do this properly.)
3) Download NGP plugin https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8p9uddm2ivon2a/RBR_PhysicsNG.7z?dl=1 and extract its own physics.rbz to replace the one you currently have in RBRTM installation.
4) Run RBRCIT and install any NGP car to, say, Xsara slot (0) → Apply.
5) Go and check Physics.rbz's c_xsara folder to see if the car files are there.

Now, if after all that there's no improvement, then I don't know what to say. More details would certainly be in order, maybe you've left out something obvious, like I do hope that you haven't installed RBR to any silly folders like to Users or Program Files etc.

That did the trick! Followed your instructions, using the Impreza GC8, and found its file in the Physics.rbz's xcara folder. Just had a sweet test run at Loch Ard, pulling handbrake turns like a pro. (Or so I think, haha)

I am bewildered at what went wrong in the first place but all good now, knock on wood.

Thanks for the help fellas, much appreciated. Got some tracks to install and then I can go online and fight for that last place... :D

Edit: I never install games on C:.
Edit2: Installed NGP cars in all slots and all showed up in the respective car folders in Physics.rbz.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years