RBR RSF Co-Driver Callouts?

In more recent sims such as DR2, the co-driver callouts include a number (1-6) for curve sharpness and distance.

In my installation of RBR (RSF mod), the co-driver callouts do not include these numbers.

I much prefer the numbering system over the call-out descriptions that I'm getting with RBR. Is there any way to get the callouts to include the number?

And, as an aside - why is RBR's system "different" to begin with? Is it because of the sim's age? Or is it just a different style or preference?

Thanks!

The descriptive pacenotes in the game are there because that was the type of pacenotes that Richard Burns were using himself when driving :)

There is a few mods out there that change the descriptive pacenotes to numbered pacenotes, and also to include a lot of extra notes than the limited selection originally in the game.

I think the RSF discord probably is the best place to find the best codriver mods, plus the techical staff there is very good at helping you getting it up and running if you need it :)

Jake is using Nicky Grist as his codriver in his videos. I think you might find it on the RSF Discord, as they have a huge collection of all sorts of things for the game there :)

Thanks, Roy----Maybe it's just me, but I find using Discord to be a confusing chaotic mess - just my opinion - or maybe I'm just dense.

I found that new pace notes are included with the latest update of the RSF launcher. After updating, I found no difference to the call outs, so I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. :(

Any chance of someone providing a direct link to something that sounds like the numbered call outs in DR2?

It would be nice for Jake to include a link to what he's using because the impression he leaves is that it's the RSF default, which it's not.

When you start a stage in the game, try to pause it at the start line, then double click on the left mose button. That should open a menu. There might be a line that says "descriptive.ini" there, try to click it and see if you have something called "Numeric" of some sort there instead.

I am doing the same just after the start of this stage myself in the video below, though I have a different older soundmod that overwrites the original codriver completely, and must choose the default one.

Last edited:
And I do agree with your thoughts regarding Discord. After 20 years of using forums with a somewhat rigid set up, I found Discord being very confusing and all over the place. But I am getting more used to it after some time of using it :)

When you start a stage in the game, try to pause it at the start line, then double click on the left mose button. That should open a menu. There might be a line that says "descriptive.ini" there, try to click it and see if you have something called "Numeric" of some sort there instead.

I am doing the same just after the start of this stage myself in the video below, though I have a different older soundmod that overwrites the original codriver completely, and must choose the default one.

Roy - You are THE MAN! Brilliant tool! Pausing and Double-clicking works great!

Now - one last question. How do I save my preference in that pop-up menu? Clicking a simple SAVE gets me a "Failed to make back-up copy of DLS file" message. Clicking SAVEAS gives me choices of filetype and location to save to. - Any ideas of what filetype to use and which location to save it to so that it loads back in automatically every time I start a stage?

Finally, if there's a way (which I doubt) to make every menu in the RSF mod mouse-clickable, the whole thing would be perfect. ;)

Thanks so much for your help. You've been very generous with your time.

And I do agree with your thoughts regarding Discord. After 20 years of using forums with a somewhat rigid set up, I found Discord being very confusing and all over the place. But I am getting more used to it after some time of using it :)
I guess that "Great minds think alike" then. I'm glad that I'm not alone in my opinion. The word "Discord" is synonymous with "Chaos", and that's pretty much all these old eyes see when on that site.

Now - one last question. How do I save my preference in that pop-up menu? Clicking a simple SAVE gets me a "Failed to make back-up copy of DLS file" message. Clicking SAVEAS gives me choices of filetype and location to save to. - Any ideas of what filetype to use and which location to save it to so that it loads back in automatically every time I start a stage?
That is the only part of this that I have not figured out myself yet. I am so bad at paying attention to which stages I have changed the drop down on that I don't remember if I have changed before or not on the stages. I usually find out at the first called pacenote wheter I have to change or not when I start the stage :laugh:

Now - one last question. How do I save my preference in that pop-up menu? Clicking a simple SAVE gets me a "Failed to make back-up copy of DLS file" message.
Hey man I know this thread is kind of old but you should be able to save those DLS files with save and have your edits load automatically. Not sure what might be causing the issue on your end though, maybe check to see RBR isn't installed under program files

cornelius32, FWIW, My installation of RBR is installed in C:\SCI Games and my Rally Sim Fans mod is installed in C:\RBR_updated (a directory which I manually created). Neither are under Program Files.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

That is the only part of this that I have not figured out myself yet. I am so bad at paying attention to which stages I have changed the drop down on that I don't remember if I have changed before or not on the stages. I usually find out at the first called pacenote wheter I have to change or not when I start the stage :laugh:
i want to point out a great mod wich is darren co driver mod and luppis pacenots pack, both great mods and i think youll find it useful. they have numeric calls and luppis pasenotes pack is a pack of new and much improved pacenotes and are accurate unlike vanilla pacenotes

Last edited:
And now Janne Laahanen has released his v3 pacenote set too, I think Luppis has adjusted a lot of his notes to fit with that aswell.

There are many choices available :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 332 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years