RBR Movies

F

fordman

• fordman

Hey Guys, check this little Beauty out. My friend from LFS Joecool done this, and this is how it's "meant" to be done. He does it professionally and all his work is second to non, although he does have the equip to go with it, I just think, its about time his awesome work got shared.

Enjoy Guys

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHObQM7mE58[/ame]

Fordie

Barely any braking! That's some voodoo going on there. :p

I don't know what it is with snow, but it feels like I can't get the car to do anything unless I'm riding the brakes all the time. More practice I guess.

Snow is very much down to driving style as well. I cannot drive a new WRC car (2011-today), S2000 or FWD on snow. However, the cars that's fast when driving sideways is perfect for me on snow. It's very good grip on the snow, so one the car get's sideways, it's just helping to scrub off some speed. The snowbanks are also quite important to use, both to not go off track, and to help turn.

That being said, it's not all snow-stages I'm that fast on :)

For anyone with a newer Nvidia card (GTX 650 or newer, non mobile, and 320.20 or newer drivers; official system requirements) and looking for video capturing software, you absolutely have to check out nvidia's shadowplay.

High quality 1080p video capture with very little impact on performance. This same video using MSI Afterburner (still a nice program) with comparable settings would drop fps down to around 300. With shadow play I probably dropped around 80 or less on average, they claim less than 10% performance hit. While still plenty of fps on this stage, on a more demanding one, it might matter. Especially if using vsync when recording.

So far, the downsides of using it as of now: impact on performance with SLI systems is bugged, you can potentially take a big hit (50+%) in performance. And it only records apps in full screen mode (from their forums they're working on window/desktop capturing).

Above video was taken with shadowplay on highest settings (1080p,60fps,50mbps) and then run through handbrake using the "high profile" for file size reduction. Will test out some other stages, but I'm very impressed with the quality so far.

Last edited:
I always thought one of the main gripes with fraps was the performance hit. Afterburner at least gives you a choice of codecs and quality settings. Perhaps I didn't configure it properly, but here's the same replay with fraps, run through handbrake (same profile as above).

OS and apps (and RBR) are on a 250gb SSD, video files are being written to a 500gb HDD. Video card is a gtx 770, i5 4670k cpu, win7 64(Home Premium). I haven't tried dxtory, but I always read it was better performance wise compared to fraps.

Ye, it does give a performance hit, and if you play on a 120hz screen, you might be better off in playing when it comes to Shadowplay. However, as long as you have 60hz screen, there shouldn't be any real reason to use Shadowplay instead of FRAPS for planned recording. It gives a slightly better picture quality (and a hell of a lot bigger file), and from some comparisons, it looks like FRAPS creates more smooth movements, while Shadowplay can have 'shadowmoves' lagging one frame behind.

If you plan to actively record heavy gameplay over a long period of time, you might be better off with a capturebox for that job.

Hi, i'm new here and need some help. I've been driving rbr for soon ten years (bought the game the day it was released) and i won rbr championship back in 2005. Been away from driving the due to serious injuries for few years but now i'm back in the game because i can and of the new tracks and need help with videos.. i drove Ouninpohja in my mind quite well and captured the replay with fraps and it was good quality.. and after compressing also.. when i upped it into youtube it came all crappy.. and also FOV is wrong in the window..how can i do better quality and fix the FOV problem? anyway, check out my driving.. not perfect but stage is long anf really fast.. driven with citroen c4 and no mods..

Last edited:
icon1.gif
RBR Music Video
Hi, Im Leevvii, a mad Aussie fan of RBR [i own the PS2 vers], im also a ametuer muso, anyways, I have a mate in Finland that sends me music every now and then, he sent me this, and i thought, just ideal for a musical homage to one of the best rally sims EVER! And i made a video to go with it, using replay footage from the game. Ive been meaning to post it for a while now, been a bit slack of late, anyhow, heres the link to it, in case anyone might want to check it out, enjoy
Leevvii

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVKR...z6kfsyFWxh9WkI

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back