RBR Install

Hi All,

Just bought a new PC and trying to install RBRRS etc back on it, but it seams I'm falling at the first hurdle, RBR wont install. You go through the setup etc and when the install bar comes up it just stays at the bottom not moving. It does not lock up or anything just dosent do anything.

The PC has Windows 7 Pro 32 bit, AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 2.3GHz, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT graphics, 3GB of RAM and 320GB hard drive, so way above the spec just it wont load it on!

Anybody else had this? Or any ideas of how to get around it?

Thanks a lot
Sion

Just bought a new PC and trying to install RBRRS etc back on it, but it seams I'm falling at the first hurdle, RBR wont install. You go through the setup etc and when the install bar comes up it just stays at the bottom not moving. It does not lock up or anything just dosent do anything.

Are you installing from a DVD? Maybe the DVD is faulty, or needs cleaning? It sounds like the PC is having trouble reading the DVD?

If I remember, I had the same problem, I disabled my antivirus (Microsoft Security Essentials) before starting the setup program, and then it ran smoothly. Then reactivated it afterwards. Hope this works :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%