RBR goes online at RD with the RSRBR 2009 mod

A

Andrew Evans

• Andrew Evans

oi oi!

i just got me rbr..... and having slapped on the rsrbr2009 mod, i'm all set for a little bit of the old online competing...

so i was wondering how many rd'ers have got this little gem and would be up for some rd rally action?

drop a post here and if there's enough interest i'll set something up! :pig:

• Andrew Evans

i only set up the rsrbr mod cause i saw it on inside sim racing :D

does anyone know how the two compare?
or which one is more popular....? (so far czech seems to be winning :wink:)

personally, i've found the rsrbr mod to be pretty, uh, unintuitive to use and setup.... but i didn't realise there was another option!

i'll check it out in the next coupla days myself....

• Andrew Evans

i was holding off answering this until i'd had a chance to check out the czech mod (lol)...

however, i've just been looking at their site now (work sucks) and it seems you have to donate in order to be able to setup online rallies.... so, for me, that's no use for getting something cooking for us here at rd....

sooooo... i'll be sticking to my original plan of using the rsrbr 2009 mod... that can be found here:

http://www.rallyesim.com/

you need to install the main rsrbr mod (which includes the two official game patches as well)...

you then need to install update 04, update 06 and update 07...

once done, you'll be able to get involved in any posted public rally....

however, the interface to their main application isn't the most intuitive thing in the world.... and since it's not in front of me now, i'll write a more detailed explanation of that later on (if you can't work it out)....

• Andrew Evans

ok guys - we've now got an official club here at RD :bang:

we're going to use the RSRBR 2009 mod - since they don't require donations in order for us to setup rallies via their site...

i'll post two place holder threads which i'll fill out later with details on what you need to install and how to use the system....

if, in the meantime, you fancy getting invovled in some sideways action - drop a post in here, i'd love to know how many peoples are interested....

and if you're sitting on the fence - get the game NOW! it's cheapness and joy!

Would love to get involved Andrew but right now things are very difficult as, unfortunately, my mother-in-law passed away at the weekend so my time is very much taken up with ensuring my wife and daughter are ok.

When I am sure they are ok I will be returning to sim racing and will hopefully join you in some sideways action. Good luck until then.

Sorry to hear that, wish you all the strength with your loss Neil :( I am sure the club sticks around for a while so when you are ok again, feel free to drop in for some action!

• Matt Crouch

Used to play online with a much simpler online mod, but nowhere near the level of customisation as rsrbr, all default cars / tracks etc. I installed rsrbr a while back but have no idea how most of the options work :D
Also I find controlling the car with the G25 totally different to driving in evo.. I used to play with a 360 controller and I have to say it was easier :heh:. Not sure if it's totally set up right though. Will persevere with it anyway

• Andrew Evans

no idea... but i'd have thought unlikely....

rsrbr patches the game from the default install though - so you'd only literally have to slap a new copy in a clean directory if you wanted to keep the czech one running too....

no idea... but i'd have thought unlikely....

rsrbr patches the game from the default install though - so you'd only literally have to slap a new copy in a clean directory if you wanted to keep the czech one running too....

OK sounds about right, such a shame as it took me ages to get all these real life sound mods and things in my game install, it would be nice to use em with RSRBR if possible.
I will look into it when I get a chance.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.5%