RBR Crashes

Hi All,

I've recently reinstalled my computer and fancied playing RBR again. I have installed RBR on my "D" drive and applied updates 1 & 2. The games loads fine and and you can go through the menus and start a rally and then this is where the problem start. The game will continually CTD and various times when racing through the stage.

I have removed and re-installed a number of times to have the same problem.

An ideas as Im now lost at what to do?

Simon

Couple of suggestions spring to mind, Simon, but don't get your hopes up. That would only lead to more bitter disappointments.

I gather you have Vista/7/8, a clean RBR with no mods installed whatsoever, and CTDs are as random as they can be? I would first disable DEP for all of the exe files in the RBR install folder. If you have no clue what I'm on about, see this: http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=431 (A clean RBR naturally don't have that many exes.)

Then I would install WorkerBee's FixUp. It could help you with at least certain types of known, relatively common CTD issues. http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/fixup-plugin-support.49275/. Extract the pack to Plugins folder.

If these don't seem to solve the problems, then things could become more tricky, unfortunately. RBR is quite vulnerable to some external processes, or even more so if there are too many of them going on. Now, since you have recently re-installed Windows, this may be more unlikely, but then at least the culprit is easier to find. Possibly.

Among other things, your antivirus software can be the cause, for example. Obviously not the software itself, but the components it may have turned on by default. Like with Avast, this thing called AutoSandbox feature is known to have crashed RBR to desktop. It is so over-protective like you wouldn't believe, or at least it was when the feature was first introduced. Maybe you could try playing RBR with antivirus temporarily turned off and see what happens.

Good luck.

Ah, that's right, this happened to me when I installed my sound card last year. Changing the sampling rate in Windows fixed it IIRC.

If you right click on the little speaker icon in the taskbar and select playback devices, find the default one (should have a green tick next to it). Then click properties -> advanced, and try changing the sampling rate.

I currently have mine on 24-bit 44.1kHz, and that seems fine.

As a sidenote, my audio driver settings (Xonar DG Audio Center) has my audio settings as 48kHz... *shrug*. Try a few different sampling rates, see if any works.

Thanks for the tips, tried them all but still no change. I can race on a stage for different times, it then freezes, goes, freeze, goes, freezes and the CTD :( gutted as when its working I am really enjoying it again!!! So frustrating!!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back