RBR Controller Config Problem

I just bought RBR yesterday and have run into a fairly significant problem.

Wheel: CSW V2
Pedals: HE Pro Pedals

When I go to assign controls, the steering axis defaults to the X-Axis (my clutch) when both the wheel and pedals are plugged in. If I try to reassign the steering axis, it does not recognize my wheel by turning it.

If I unplug the pedals and assign controls, the steering axis is assigned to my wheel and works but then I cannot assign pedals (as they are unplugged). If I back out and "discover devices" after plugging the pedals back in, the steering axis is once again assigned to the X-Axis (my clutch) and I have no way to assign the wheel to the steering axis.

Anyone have any ideas for this one? I have tried lifting up on all pedals before entering the assign controls area thinking the load cell was registering something and even assigned a dead zone in the clutch pedals through the Windows Controller app but that did not work.

Any help would be appreciated. Anyone using the same setup (CSW V2 and HE Pro Pedals)?

Hmm, that's a strange one. It seems like RBR is only recognizing one device at a time, but I've successfully used two separate devices with it in the past. A couple of things to try:
1) If you have any other controllers plugged in, remove them and see if it works now.
and
2) Try inserting your devices into different USB ports, sometimes they can glitch up.

I assume the wheel + pedals works fine with other games?

Oh, and also try installing both the patches for RBR, I wouldn't think it would help, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Hmm, that's a strange one. It seems like RBR is only recognizing one device at a time, but I've successfully used two separate devices with it in the past. A couple of things to try:
1) If you have any other controllers plugged in, remove them and see if it works now.
and
2) Try inserting your devices into different USB ports, sometimes they can glitch up.

Oh, and also try installing both the patches for RBR, I wouldn't think it would help, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

OK. I will try this weekend. I had bought RBR and then downloaded and installed RSRBR 2015 so I think the patches were also installed.

It recognizes both controllers when they are plugged in because I can map wheel buttons as well as pedals. I just cannot map the wheel when I try to reassign the steering axis (that defaults to the clutch travel with both the wheel and pedals plugged in). If try to reassign, and turn the wheel so RBR can recognize the wheel movement, nothing happens. BUT, if I unplug the pedals and start over, the steering axis is assigned automatically and is correct (I can see the steering axis bar move while turning the wheel).

I am stumped. I will try different USB ports. I do have a wireless mouse/keyboard receiver but I need that plugged in to make the adjustments...

and

Tried fresh install. Tried unplugging only the clutch. Tried different USB ports. I can get the wheel to work when the pedals are not connected but cannot get the RBR to reassign the wheel axis if both pedals and wheel are plugged in at the same time. Really don't see a solution to this. It's really a shame as I would LOVE to play this.

Please if anyone has any other ideas I would appreciate it.

I am having the same issue! I am using a CSW V2 with MPPC pedals and Fanatec handbrake. The wheel and the handbrake want to occupy the same x-axis when both are plugged in. The wheel is properly recognized when I unplug the handbrake. Arrrrggggghhhh!

OK. I will try this weekend. I had bought RBR and then downloaded and installed RSRBR 2015 so I think the patches were also installed.

It recognizes both controllers when they are plugged in because I can map wheel buttons as well as pedals. I just cannot map the wheel when I try to reassign the steering axis (that defaults to the clutch travel with both the wheel and pedals plugged in). If try to reassign, and turn the wheel so RBR can recognize the wheel movement, nothing happens. BUT, if I unplug the pedals and start over, the steering axis is assigned automatically and is correct (I can see the steering axis bar move while turning the wheel).

I am stumped. I will try different USB ports. I do have a wireless mouse/keyboard receiver but I need that plugged in to make the adjustments...
I resume this old post, because this happened to me the same problem, but with the last Fanatec CSL and RBR. Someone would know some solution? I really tried everything!

I'm having same problem with Logitech G920 & CSp v3 pedals. If I have the pedals plugged in I can sometimes turn the wheel and it registers as "clutch" in the control settings. When this happens I can do a FFB test and it rotates the wheel as if it's detected normally (but it isn't)

Is there a way to assign the controls by putting some lines in the input.ini (or elsewhere) ?

I'm having same problem with Logitech G920 & CSp v3 pedals. If I have the pedals plugged in I can sometimes turn the wheel and it registers as "clutch" in the control settings. When this happens I can do a FFB test and it rotates the wheel as if it's detected normally (but it isn't)

Is there a way to assign the controls by putting some lines in the input.ini (or elsewhere) ?

No, there isn't, and input.ini is only to invert controls (from false to true).

And that gives me a reason to ask the following: Have you already inverted the clutch? And if you have, have you noticed how all the inverted controls have to be pressed/used/whatever to normalise them on the first stage of each session (and in Controller setup too)?

So what I'm basically trying to say that when you go to the control panel and the clutch bar is all red and it doesn't go to 0% after pressing the clutch pedal, you have to invert it, and once you've inverted it, you'd still have to press the pedal first before trying to assign any other controls.

https://vauhtimurot.blogspot.com/p/troubleshooting.html#InvertControls
https://vauhtimurot.blogspot.com/p/troubleshooting.html#InvertedControls100
+ off-topic: https://vauhtimurot.blogspot.com/p/troubleshooting.html#ControllerSettings for any future questions. I do hate controller questions, there is a reason why I always duck them.

Hi!
My guess here is that both controller have analog X Axis, if you check from Game Controllers from Devices and Printers ?

Windows prefers in some reason your pedals over wheel and switches X axis of pedals to steering. I alse got difficulties with mapping buttons, eg. Button 0 on both controllers were overlapping...

So, I got my controller working like this (simplified version):

1. Software: vJoy -> with this you can wrap your controller to remove X axis
-my setup, remove analog axis from Generic USB Joystic and leave 3 buttons (seq-gear-lever + hand brake)

2. Software: devreorder -> with this you can list and mask your controllers.
-my controller list:

"vJoy Device": {9684d120-1750-11e9-8002-444553540000}
"Arduino Leonardo": {bbe43770-bbe9-11e8-8001-444553540000}
"Generic USB Joystick ": {dbee1cf0-77a3-11e8-8001-444553540000}

configuration ini to HIDE Generic USB Joystick:

; devreorder settings
; Any line starting with ; is a comment and will be ignored

[order]
Arduino Leonardo
{bbe43770-bbe9-11e8-8001-444553540000}
vJoy Device
{9684d120-1750-11e9-8002-444553540000}
[hidden]
Generic USB Joystick
{dbee1cf0-77a3-11e8-8001-444553540000}

3. Software: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) -> to map Generic USB Joystick buttons to vJoy for different button ID (my wheel has 4 buttons, so i need to map additional buttons 5, 6, 7

All tuned, now i can go RBR and bind all these without conflicts.

Hope this gives ideas how to do workaround, if everything else fails !

And if you don't mind me asking since i have the same issue, how did you manage to do that for an extended period? I managed to do it but the next day it started this **** show again smh.
I don't remember Peter. It's been so long ago. I do remember that it was near impossible to keep the axis assigned same as you. I seem to recall going back and forth assigning axis and rebooting the game and/or the pc. I eventually uninstalled the sim....alas.....
Good luck to you!

And if you don't mind me asking since i have the same issue, how did you manage to do that for an extended period? I managed to do it but the next day it started this **** show again smh.
After carrying out a lot of tests, connecting my g27 steering wheel to different USB ports, the problem of loss of command storage has been solved. I think it should work for other flying devices too.
G27 steering wheel.png

highlight the action and click on Delete to remove the input. remove all of them so its all blank and start from the top.
Thats how it worked for me.
The other tip is to use the first Option screen you come to and not to go into the option screens that are on later pages as the inputs can sometimes revert back.

If anyone is still having the issue of the x-axis being taken up by the wheel and pedals at the same time, I found a solution. Download X360 Controller Emulator and bind your pedals to the 2 triggers on the controller. Next, go to options, HID Guardian, and install/enable it. This will take off the x-axis on the pedals. It worked for me.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.9%