RBR Co-Driver - English Pacenote mod collection

Hi, thanks for your work and for keeping the rbr legend alive. One question, the dirt rally 2.0 co-driver sounds like a lower quality compared with dirt 2.0 itself. Like it has some noise, it gets harder to understand the words quickly sometimes. Was it intentional from your part to make it more realistic or is it simply a limitation of rbr?

Hi, thanks for your work and for keeping the rbr legend alive. One question, the dirt rally 2.0 co-driver sounds like a lower quality compared with dirt 2.0 itself. Like it has some noise, it gets harder to understand the words quickly sometimes. Was it intentional from your part to make it more realistic or is it simply a limitation of rbr?

Hello.
Thanks for use my mods.
That problems are limitation of RBR audio output system..
Of course, I want to make the voice as clean as possible.
However, when using a high quality OGG file in RBR, the output does not work properly and is cut off in the middle.
(Four ri---- one hundrcc----- )

This issue is not resolved by expanding the audio channel in the audio.ini file. I don't know programming, so function expansion is impossible.

I tried a lot of tests, but the sound quality that does not cause problems is limited to 11025hz.
Even when the sound quality is raised to 16000hz, problems are start.

If Fmod is released for RBR, There may be a way to go beyond the RBR limitation..

Last edited:
Hi, can this run on RSRBR :D nice work :D and how it can be installed to RSRBR

Just overwrite to RBR mainfolder, You can use this mod, Maybe..
(I'm not use the RSRBR, so I don't know exactly. Sorry!)

If you can't find the <Audio> folder in RSRBR main directory, follow this way.

1)http://www.kegetys.fi/dattool-v1-01/ download the dattool, and move the app to rbr directory.
2)Drag the audio.dat file to dattool.exe.
3)Then you can see the <audio> folder is created.
4)Keep going into the folder. Then you can see another audio folder.
5)Cut and paste the <Audio> folder into the RBR directory.
6)You don't need the audio.dat file. Delete it.
7)Now you can use mods easily. Just copy-paste.

That problems are limitation of RBR audio output system..
Of course, I want to make the voice as clean as possible.
However, when using a high quality OGG file in RBR, the output does not work properly and is cut off in the middle.
(Four ri---- one hundrcc----- )

This issue is not resolved by expanding the audio channel in the audio.ini file. I don't know programming, so function expansion is impossible.

I tried a lot of tests, but the sound quality that does not cause problems is limited to 11025hz.
Even when the sound quality is raised to 16000hz, problems are start.

Leza, don't blame issues on the RBR audio system which you just don't understand.

There is no need to use higher quality sounds for pacenotes, simple as that.
If you do anyway, things will get weird, but this is not the fault of RBR, but due to the fact how a sound system basically works.
As soon as a sound sample has different properties, the mixer puts it into a separate channel.

All this stuff is known for many years now. Have a look at the Pacenote plugin readme, I guess we have specified which sound quality must be used (!) in order to work properly.

Buddy, that problems are not a limitation of the RBR audio output system, but a limitation of your skills.

The Bee

Leza, don't blame issues on the RBR audio system which you just don't understand.

There is no need to use higher quality sounds for pacenotes, simple as that.
If you do anyway, things will get weird, but this is not the fault of RBR, but due to the fact how a sound system basically works.
As soon as a sound sample has different properties, the mixer puts it into a separate channel.

All this stuff is known for many years now. Have a look at the Pacenote plugin readme, I guess we have specified which sound quality must be used (!) in order to work properly.

Buddy, that problems are not a limitation of the RBR audio output system, but a limitation of your skills.

The Bee

As you say, I think I'm lack understanding of RBR system.
and I am not trying to blame the RBR system.

I respect your endless efforts for RBR.
Thank you, always.

Hello,

I'm super confused, how do i install your mod? I would really like to get this working! Pictures and step-by-step instructions would be nice!

Thanks so much for your work!

Just overwrite to RBR mainfolder, You can use this mod, Maybe..
(I'm not use the RSRBR, so I don't know exactly. Sorry!)

If you can't find the <Audio> folder in RSRBR main directory, follow this way.

1)http://www.kegetys.fi/dattool-v1-01/ download the dattool, and move the app to rbr directory.
2)Drag the audio.dat file to dattool.exe.
3)Then you can see the <audio> folder is created.
4)Keep going into the folder. Then you can see another audio folder.
5)Cut and paste the <Audio> folder into the RBR directory.
6)You don't need the audio.dat file. Delete it.
7)Now you can use mods easily. Just copy-paste.

Yeah, I have to try :D and I have a audio folder :D I try to manage to import it to RSRBR :D I realy like to get those recce drives :D

I've updated many things.

Paul Nagle - no more 'fake' plus, minus note. You can use it on pacenote plugin.
Nicky Grist / Jen Horsey / Phil Mills / Paul Coleman / Scott Marin - Fixed wrong note, and added 'Turn' note.

Mal Peden - Big update..
For a long time I left this mod.
While creating a new stage pacenote recently, This mod also worked again.
No more 'fake' Minus, Plus voices.
All notes are compatible with the pacenote plugin and several additional notes are also available.
K(Hairpin) 2 3 4 5 6 7
Remember~-Caution
Brake / Slow-Care
Striking - Cut
etc..

If you got a problem for some mods, plz leave a comment on this thread.
Thank you.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 217114

Thank you. I am a big fan of your modifications. And a big fan of Paul Coleman as well. I've 1200 hours in Dirt Rally 1, so I am very fond of his voice. It's annoying and weird to drive with another co-driver.

2020/08/17

*Added 'ok(Be brave)' note on Paul Nagle, Scott Martin.

*Added 'crest' 'Keep in' 'Keep out' notes for ALL Co-drivers.
(Used same note id from original 'steve' pacenotes.)

*Notes fixed for Mal Peden mod.

*Added Aditional pacenotes for this mods.
Liam Brennan v1.2
WRC1 Female Co-Driver v2.0
WRC4 Co-Driver v2.0

Now, All Co-drivers are can use additional notes.

There are too many mods to test all of them.
I worked with care without making a mistake.
But if you have any problems, please leave a comment.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for these, very good!

If you could consider in the future:
Alex Gelsomino - has quite a few videos online (Ken Block - Hoonigan) with decent samples.
Sebastian Marshall - moved a lot and is great for different drivers (Paddon, Abbring, Meeke).
Michael Park - live on! Not sure if there are enough sources.
John Kennard - Used a different Callsign System, would be interesting to see it in RBR.

Thanks a lot for these, very good!

If you could consider in the future:
Alex Gelsomino - has quite a few videos online (Ken Block - Hoonigan) with decent samples.
Sebastian Marshall - moved a lot and is great for different drivers (Paddon, Abbring, Meeke).
Michael Park - live on! Not sure if there are enough sources.
John Kennard - Used a different Callsign System, would be interesting to see it in RBR.

I had already tried to make Marshall note, but I gave up due to poor audio source. So had a big problem to removed background noise. And Mal Peden note is based on Paddon's onboard source, so it uses a similar call sign system of John Kennard's.

And with the All Track Pacenotes Pack I'm working on, all Co-Driver mods will get a big update like this video.
Worksheet

I've been working for this about 3 months without missing a day, and I'm currently taking a break from burnout. I hope that all stage notes will be finished by December if possible.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years