RBR Champ for a rookie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
Im planning to race in this years RBR Championship, please can you give me a few pointers on how to compete? From a complete idiots point of view.

I have RSRBR, all up to date, how do I race online?
Also, any other things you'd recommend in racing?
Regards
Jon

Here you should be able to find all you need to know about how to run RSRBR online: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rsrbr2013-installation-usage-guidelines.63872/

Apart from this, just take your time to find the car you will want to drive. Don't rush the decision but instead drive all of them, take the ones you feel that you are able to drive, either because they are fun, good to drive, fast or a combination of the above.

Then drive those cars a bit more and see which of those you feel would be the best for you in the championship with regards to your aims, expectations and so on.

If anyone in the championship are running the same car you can then ask them for advice on the car, as to how you could set it up or just general tips such as "Don't cut onto the grass with this car when you are on tarmac tires, you are very likely to go off and crash" which was the case of the Toyota Celica 165 I drove last year :)

I hope this helps you a bit on the way. Don't hessitate to ask if you have any questions.

First thing to do is install everything properly. Make sure it all runs and I would say do a club rally or two. They are the best simulation for doing the championship events and useful for testing the sim and ironing out any issues that you might encounter.

Secondly read through the rules of the championship and see which stuff will apply to you, specifically with car choices and then test what you feel is necessary for you to compete.

From an actual driving point of view. Slowly. Until you know some stages and cars pretty much off by heart go slow and listen to the pace notes with intent. Just think that one DNF is 5 odd minutes down the drain. So if you go 30 seconds a stage slower (on average) than someone else but they DNF a stage it will take them a full 10 stages to recover back in front of you. Finishing stages is your number one priority when rallying. Speed is something you build over time as opposed to aim to achieve straight off.

Hi! I would like to drive in next round, but I don't mind not being classified at the end of the rally (I am driving NGP GrB, so it is not homologated for this championship). I don't want to confuse guys who compile end results tables hence the question.

Hi! I would like to drive in next round, but I don't mind not being classified at the end of the rally (I am driving NGP GrB, so it is not homologated for this championship). I don't want to confuse guys who compile end results tables hence the question.

This miight come across as rude - but we won't classify drivers that haven't provided sign up information, nor will we accept sign ups that doesn't follow the rules.
However, as the password is public knowledge feel free to drive :)

However, we would very much liked to see you in the championship though ^^,

That's NOT rude at all, I understand and accept the rules and how the Championship is run. It is a great concept and I am trully gratefull for Your work even if I don't compete at the moment.

I just enjoy the challenge of driving Group B cars (as I mentioned in other thread I drive Audi Quattro Sport w/o handbrake- it's so much fun trying to use the balance of the car instead of handbrake). I will try participating in season 8 if You make a decision to homologate NGP cars in the future. It is not possible for me to return to "default" physics after trying NGP, that's all.
So, thank You for Your answer, everything is clear now. I am going to drive next rally unquallified this Monday, can't wait! Cheers!

Last edited:
I just enjoy the challenge of driving Group B cars (as I mentioned in other thread I drive Audi Quattro Sport w/o handbrake- it's so much fun trying to use the balance of the car instead of handbrake). I will try participating in season 8 if You make a decision to homologate NGP cars in the future. It is not possible for me to return to "default" physics after trying NGP, that's all.
So, thank You for Your answer, everything is clear now. I am going to drive next rally unquallified this Monday, can't wait! Cheers!

EDIT: I just came across this http://www.fia.com/championship/eur...european-historic-sporting-rally-championship . What do You think guys- would be anyone willing to participate in virtual series of HRC?

That I can understand - I also find those cars to be very fun to drive. We'll see what happens with the RSRBR over the summer - at the moment, it feels like it's the last RSRBR ever, and we might have to look at other options from 2016 (season 9). If so, there might not be extremely much point in doing extensive NGP-testing to try to get a fair championship!

Historics would be great fun! However, be careful with advertising/organizing too much here, if not RD-sanctioned :)

I didn't know RSRBR is coming to an end. Too bad, I've been using it for many, many years now. I edited previous post, don't want to interfere with RD organisers. Thanks!

I didn't know RSRBR is coming to an end. Too bad, I've been using it for many, many years now. I edited previous post, don't want to interfere with RD organisers. Thanks!

It's nothing decided, it just feels like they are slowly caring less about the plugin, there is quite a few stages and cars that's not being added, and the ones that have been added, isn't fully "synced" in the plugin, with Skin Manager etc.

However, this is just my theory! :)

OK, I understand. As far as I know there is a plan to slowly include all NGP physics in RSRBR, so my theory is they are shifting focus towards new physics. I actually personally enquired about NGP on rallyesim forums, and they were very clear- NGP is going to be gradually added. Of course it is very unlikely to have physics for all cars since NGP team is rather small, but I think it's reasonable to expect most popular cars to get physics upgrade. We'll see. Anyways the only real option really is Czech plugin (wchich also started to include NGP), and Italian mod (I don't know much about it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%