Status
Not open for further replies.

General_Failure

OLD SKOOL RULES
General_Failure submitted a new resource:

Red Bull Holden SuperTourers - V8 SuperTourers standalone series

Red Bull Holden SuperTourers
Version 1.0

This series somewhat resembles but differs in many ways from the Australian V8 Supercars, primarily in terms of the level of technology. It is technically more basic than the Supercars, but also tends to be a bit more spectacular with a lot more close-action racing due to limited grip and braking capabilities. Unlike the Supercars, the V8 ST races are all sprint races so there is no requirement for elaborate pit...

Read more about this resource...

Nice mod with the drift sv8 as base, great sound, will need practice to be fast with it. In replay it seems that the rear tyres not touching the track (Track Magny Cours). Maybe a problem with the size of tyres?

Nice mod with the drift sv8 as base, great sound, will need practice to be fast with it. In replay it seems that the rear tyres not touching the track (Track Magny Cours). Maybe a problem with the size of tyres?
You can open the tire file and increase the Radius=0.325 so that it matches the front tires and your problem will be sorted.

Another thing I noticed is that the AI needs work, even at 110% and higher settings one's always quicker than the AI.

You can open the tire file and increase the Radius=0.325 so that it matches the front tires and your problem will be sorted.

Another thing I noticed is that the AI needs work, even at 110% and higher settings one's always quicker than the AI.
Hey Climax, yes, even I can hear some undesired skid sounds, this tire model has several problems, I'll replace it. I'll adjust AI settings too. Thanks for the review ;)

General_Failure updated Red Bull Holden SuperTourers [Chevy LS7 V8 567 HP] with a new update entry:

UPDATE 1.0 > 1.1

@ClimaxF1 @vettelsepp, thanks for reporting bugs ;)

CHANGELOG

[PHYSICS]

- Tire model bugs fixed.
- Suspension updated (the car now feels more alive, no it's a bit tricky to drive because it has more weight transfer according to real car mass)
- Steering wheel radius range increased by 10% to fit real car specs.
- Fuel capacity increased to 120 liters.

[AI]

Brake & corner grip improved, now AI runs properly.

Cheers,
G. F.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi @General_Failure,

After i sorted the driving side i took the Holden on track for race, and guess what, the center mirror is inverted ! i was much pertubated LOL
what you see left comes right and what you see right comes left :confused:

Do you think to fix this issue on a other update?
That would be great cause i like so much your mod ;)

Regards,
Silvano

EDIT: and thanks to @ClimaxF1 for the radius fix :)

Last edited:
Hi @General_Failure,

After i sorted the driving side i took the Holden on track for race, and guess what, the center mirror is inverted ! i was much pertubated LOL
what you see left comes right and what you see right comes left :confused:

Do you think to fix this issue on a other update?
That would be great cause i like so much your mod ;)

Regards,
Silvano

EDIT: and thanks to @ClimaxF1 for the radius fix :)
Hey Sil. Hehe, I didn't notice about that :p. That's a big problem because the bug is in the original content. I'll check if I can do anything about that but it's not easy to solve. I guess Reiza didn't check this because these car were made originally to drift, not to race.

Hi there @General_Failure
Anyway i did some test and if you choose right hand drive the center mirror is fine. But if you change for left hand drive, the center mirror is inverted !
Not a big deal though, my priority is the mirror so i'll drive on the right side ... but i am not going to change my gearbox to the left on my rig :roflmao:
Yes i think also like you that Reiza wanted this car to be right hand drive drift machine, maybe thats why it was not totaly made to race, but no prob, i love these V8 monsters :D

General_Failure updated RB Holden SuperTourers with a new update entry:

Update 1.1 > 1.2

Big update here...

CHANGELOG

[PHYSICS]

- Polar moment of inertia, car body aerodynamics and rear wing totally revised and updated. The driving experience changed a lot, now the cars feel heavier and more alive.

[COCKIPIT]

Buggy rear view mirror replaced with a LCD display in left hand drive.

[Sounds]

- Interior engine sound updated from a better source.

Ingame sounds:

Real sounds:

Update v1.21 > 1.3

Changelog

[PHYSICS]

- Polar moment of inertia lowered (the cars now respond a bit more efficiently to steering commands)
- Weight distribution updated -> 52.3 front / 47.7 rear
- Suspension updated to improve the stability of the car (especially at high speed)

And this is it, I guess this is the final update for this series ;).

Update v1.3 > 2.0

Changelog

This is the final version of this mod (at least if nobody reports any bug).

[Teams/skins]

- Full grid of 24 cars (6 new cars added).
- Reorganized teams / pit groups

[Tire Model]

Fine tuning on heating and heat distribution.

[Physics]

Lot of minor changes, too many to mention all of them, but the most important ones are related to suspension and weight tranfer while braking at high speed. I think finally I got the right point...

Download suspended for a while...

Download suspended for a while...

Checking if this mod includes physics from SRW and/or GSC. I have been playing, mixing and modifing this pack of physics for years, but there is a guy accusing me of theft. This is all for fun, I love AMS and all related to rfactor. As 99% of the modders I take all from forums & other mods, and I always tried to be respectful of other people's content and I always asked permission to include it when I know who did it. I'm not claiming any right, it's pretty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years