Raw data not matching input data (P260P Potentiometer)

I`m just finishing of my rally style handbrake using a Leo Bodnar BU0836-LC & a P260P-D1BS3CB Potentiometer, but when i view the raw data in Leo`s DIView it only goes about 40% (see screen shots)

Off
Handbrakeoff.png

halfway
Handbrakehalfway.png

full
Handbrakefull.png

to be honest i have no idea what the difference is between the black scale & the red raw data scale, but i`m sure something wrong as i`ve always had both scales running together when i`ve used software like this on my G25/27 pedals.

would be great if someone could shed some light on this and help me understand what the 2 scales mean and should they show equal imputs.

You can think of it as something of a linearity scale.

The raw data would be where your device-axis is in relation to its end stop.

The black data line would be what the game sees as the input.

Going off your readings, it would seem there is large amount of non-linearity set for some reason

Upvote 0
Ok mistery solved, the raw data is not going fully to the end because in using around 170 deg rotation on the pot. i guess thats why Leo recomends to use the maximum amount of travel on pots. i`m slowly getting used to the handbrake and its working loads better than the digi type i was using before. if i do find out that using more raw data would make the handbrake even better then i`ll look at using a rack and pinion type setup.

Upvote 0
Consider the raw data the resolution of the movement. If you limit your movement you limit your resolution. If you require precise control, then the more resolution, the more precise you can be.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back