Rauss's Reasonably Priced Vehicle.

Yes Rauss is back and this time it shouldn't be an ugly, boxy, huge vehicle, though rwd might still be there. :cool:
So heres a picture of the car in the works. it has no name yet, not even a code name... actually.. wait for it....

its codename Submarine lol, yes i just made that up. now heres a picture of what i have so far, its only in light blue to better show off some of the curves it already has (and to distinguish it from the silver on the car)
BVCCC_R1.png

Yeah, better than what I've got. For some reason I started on the side/wheelarch. But, it should be curvy! Nice colour that, actually.

Lol, it's another Dodge! That crosshair looks funny.

Looking good so far.
At first I thought "Well no it doesn't!" then I mirrored it and laughed, as it kind of did, just was missing the center bar really lol, but this I assure you is no Dodge. I thought it kind of looked more like a Chevy myself at first. But now it should be a little more distinguished.
BVCCC_R2.png

seem like a pickup! ROFL

btw, what kind of car is this mate?
yeah its the new hair dresser vehicle to replace the aging Suzuki Samuari hahaha, yeah not really. 4 or 5 door, maybe a hatchback, not hot though.

its a Rauss hence the thread title name lol

I liked the grill.. but i suggest the chrome could keep only in the grill. going besides the car can look strange after! cant wait for news.
Actually my plan is to have the chrome stop on the driver's door.
Also did a little more on the model, no idea what I'm going to put in that area below the headlight yet either lol
BVCCC_R4.png

I wish I could slow down a bit and use more pollies, oh well. Yours looks very nice, very curvy.

I wish I could slow down a bit and use more pollies, oh well. Yours looks very nice, very curvy.
thanks. hopefully it still looks nice at least with what I've been up to now lol, which is filling in that lower area
BVCCC_R5.png

my thought is putting amber led's on the horizontal silver piece, and the open area next to it I'm thinking will be a foglight with an opening above and below it. (with the same mesh as used on the big grill)

Nice piece of modeling on this and i suggest, if you are into using LEDs, to mount them in a vertical strip like i have done on my Senne or like on the Citroen DS3. Good luck with it.

Oh and don`t use the chrome strip running along the car. Just use chrome for the grille, window seals and details. Don`t overdo it. Apart from that it`s looking promissing.

Nice piece of modeling on this and i suggest, if you are into using LEDs, to mount them in a vertical strip like i have done on my Senne or like on the Citroen DS3. Good luck with it.

Oh and don`t use the chrome strip running along the car. Just use chrome for the grille, window seals and details. Don`t overdo it. Apart from that it`s looking promissing.
the LED's are most likely going to be horiztonally run to act like marker lights/blinkers. I'm not running them vertically because i feel they would be horribly pointless that way, as there would be fog lights right next to them.

I've said it before, the chrome strip, will end at the beginning of the front door, and its not really chrome its going to be silver. but it helps give some separation on the front fascia that I think looks good, so it won't really be over done at all.

Anyways finally got some time to work on this thing, I've been working the past 2 days, and the next two days I'll be working some more. (thats money in my pocket, sweet). so here's what I've done so far today.
BVCCC_R6.png

That's an unflattering and generic color, but it looks good so far.
the only purpose of that color right now is to make any lines in the body pop out a little easier and to make it not so easily blend in with the silver on the car, the color won't make it to the final car though

and I did up the door, and i have an idea of what I want now, it will be a 5 door, and I'm thinking after the competition to make a 3 door, 2 seater variant... yes a hot version of it. Really a lot more has been decided on this car then I have even said, like it will have a 1.6l turbo 4 cylinder, producing only 150 hp, and 161 ft-lbs torque (its a low pressure turbo). and the cars name is going to be Iota (really I decided this sometime ago).
BVCCC_R8.png

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing