• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Rauss's Reasonably Priced Vehicle.

Discussion in 'Racer Cars' started by Harey, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +622
    well I tried ridding it of the silver piece, and I just wasn't happy with it, looked weird with out it to me (I had ended it just under the headlight really) but the fender look bare really, which was the point in having that silver on there, to give some flare to a rather boring fender. so I decided after a little bit to try and alter the stripe, so now its a little different. Its not perfect yet but here's what it looks like. Only part I'm really not happy with yet is the part on the door really. its still a bit too angular for the rest of the car *pulls out an acetylene torch* But I have ways of coaxing it into the right shape lol.
    [​IMG]

2. AMGfan(BPM)

AMGfan(BPM)

Ratings:
    +30
    It looks better, see where it end

Attached Files:

3. FiftyOrange

FiftyOrange

Ratings:
    +0
    I have top agree with AMGfan's edit there, it's far better.

Also, now you mention it, it does look a lot like the old Barina, from the front axle back.

4. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +622
    lol if you say so. (maybe I just don't see it)

and I did a little work on the car, not much honestly reworked the silver stripe to something that you guys seem to like more. even asked EAP3D, and he said to do it and use the silver on the base of the windows. Also put the area in for my Amber LED's.
    [​IMG]

5. AMGfan(BPM)

AMGfan(BPM)

Ratings:
    +30
    Very nice harey!!!! :woot:

now it looks smoothly and very tastly. lol really, i liked it! maybe the vertex in the silver stripe, (in the middle of the driver-door) could be put upper a little to look more natural and fitted with car design! cant wait to see new updates!

6. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +197
    Yeah, I love the way it flows into the chrome underneath the windows. Very smooth.

7. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

Ratings:
    +286
    yup looks a way better so....

8. Raphael Buthmann

Raphael Buthmann

Ratings:
    +275
    It's looking really better than your last concept =D This is so beautiful. Congratulations.

9. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +622
    Thanks, haven't actually had much time to work on this thing lately (I know, I know the time grows nearer to release it). but I have got a prototype set of wheels already worked out. thinking another set will be just hubcaps, though those are still in the works... for now this..
    [​IMG]

10. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +197
    That looks pretty cool Harey, nice one!

11. AMGfan(BPM)

AMGfan(BPM)

Ratings:
    +30
    i liked the rims!

12. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +622
    Yeah they do look pretty cool lol. just whipped up the other set of wheels (not baked yet though) for the car. and actually made some small progress on the body itself, I did the front lights, but I won't show them yet, they look odd right now really, mainly because I think they need a texture on them lol. :cool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +622
    I haven't worked on it in a little while, but did finally do up the headlights at least. and one of the window surrounds (pretty sure I've done the other window surround just didn't take a picture of it) I know, I need to finish this thing.
    [​IMG]

14. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +622
    A little more work done now, like most of the windows are now in, just need to put in the rear window. really need to get crackin on the interior and underbody of the thing (along with badging, but that will take all of 5 minutes i think)
    [​IMG]

And I figured some in-game shots would be nice :cool: (with those hubcaps on)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +622
    just a little more progress now (but by the sounds of it tomorrow its working on a real car instead)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. ZATRACERDUDE

ZATRACERDUDE

Ratings:
    +2

looking good dude cant wait to drive it offroad in the urban jungle LOL

17. stop!ng

stop!ng

Ratings:
    +0
    I suggest to slightly change the reflections of the silver and the body colour. Maybe you could even apply some brushed aluminium texture to the silver bits. Should look more stylish and realistic. Other than that very nice work.

18. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +622
    the reflection should be the live enviroment mapping in game, so not exactly getting you on that point (maybe other than the silver needing a color tweak still). Never thought of applying brushed aluminum texture to some of the silver bits (at least some), might have to give that a go.

19. stop!ng

stop!ng

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry for my poor English...
    I actually meant with my first sentense that the silver looks too much like a second body colour. It doesn't look metallic, It looks more sort of painted.

20. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +622
    some quick screenshots before tomorrows planned release (honestly don't have much time today, just got home from dropping my dad's car off at the trans shop, and have to goto work soon)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and as a side note, what you see in these pictures isn't necessarily how it looks finished (I have made some alterations since these pictures were taken last night)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.