Rate the Sims: Community Edition | Wreckfest

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We are looking to crown the 'RaceDepartment Community Favourite' racing game - get your votes in now for our next game on the list... Wreckfest!

Our dear RaceDepartment community. You folks are the most mighty fans of sim racing, often displaying an immense amount of understanding and depth of knowledge when it comes to our favourite hobby.

With sim racing and eSports in such a wonderful boom period of late. Gamers looking to have some fun with their virtual racing machines have never before had such a wide and robust variety of software to enjoy.

Now occasionally I've been in a position to rate new racing titles that have come my way, and almost every time I've received a wide variety of folks agreeing, or strongly disagreeing with my own opinions.

Opinions are great, but sometimes the opinion of one person, with their own likes and dislikes taken into account, can often give a bit of a skewed picture (intentional or not) to the greater cause in which said person is trying to explain.

As such, rather than doing one myself, and in the spirit of engaging some interesting community discussion, I thought it could be fun to let our own community rate each of the key sim racing / racing games available today.

As always with these things, please do try and respect each other and their opinions, and let's try to see if we can give a fun, but fair shake of the stick to each of the games included in this poll.

For transparency, I'm going to be featuring the following racing games over the next weeks:

I'm going to launch the article each Monday evening, and keep the poll running for a full week until the next new article is pushed live. So get your votes in quick!

Once I've completed the full list of games, I'll publish a final results feature, and we can award the winning developer the lofty title of 'RaceDepartment Community Favourite'!

Have fun, stay sensible and let the voting commence!

RD Community Favourite-Wreckfest.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is so refreshingly positive, almost unreal. I wonder if it is because this game is almost unique and no one feels like they have to come in and defend their game over an other, every one feels free to appreciate it for what it is or just ignore it if it is not their cup of tea.

This title might be too arcadish to a big part of the HC crowd and therefore the most nit-picky users who probably haven't tried the game aren't here sharing their opinions. Just guessing..

Ps. I'd like to try Wreckfest because that's the only "rate the sims" game I haven't tried. So, no rating from me.

8 from me cause the very earlier releases were much better for steering wheel and the AI were absolutely crazy back then. The game used to be hilarious compared to what it is today. It was way more fun then than water down console version we have today.

Nice mod, for when you'd rather race than wreck! Now it reminds of a game I had way-back-when called "Dirt Track Racing". :)

With this mod giving you choice, I'd have to give Wreckfest a solid 9. Excellent physics, great graphics, supports multiple controllers, supports multiplayer and the AI for offline play is fine. and FUN! What more can you ask?

Only nits for me are the lack of a virtual mirror and long initial loading time. I don't have triple screens, and I'd probably vomit if I tried this in VR! So those are non-issues for me.

I've owned it for only about a week, but I give it a solid 9! (I never would thunk it!)

• Deleted member 197115

Very well executed game, great graphics with even better performance, good FFB.
BUT short lasting fun, I have clocked more hours in FlatOut 2, something is missing in this one to keep coming back again and again.
Solid 8 from me. VR would have added a point.

10....Even though it's not classed as a Sim, it's very close in my opinion as it still gives a great driving challenge and some what realistic FFB. Fantastic Graphics, damage model.
Trying out the School Bus at 'Hellride'...the School Bus has believable weight when driving it, riotously good fun:inlove::thumbsup:
Wow, he really is a good bus driver and what good equipment he has installed, determinated in every way :thumbsup:

I rated the game at 8 only because I dont do this game on a daily basis and not much at all lately. It is mainly a change of paste from doing the other main SIM racing games where we try not to bang each other up like in Wreckfest. It is a good quality game, no complaints with it, and may get back to trying it from time to time in the future.

I rated the game at 8 only because I dont do this game on a daily basis and not much at all lately. It is mainly a change of paste from doing the other main SIM racing games where we try not to bang each other up like in Wreckfest. It is a good quality game, no complaints with it, and may get back to trying it from time to time in the future.
That is, your only drawback with this game is that the AI just tries to hit you that is also the same as I think

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%