• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Rate The Sims: Community Edition | Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 7, 2019.

1. 10

232 vote(s)
    21.3%
  2. 9

281 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. 8

336 vote(s)
    30.9%
  4. 7

131 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. 6

51 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. 5

27 vote(s)
    2.5%
  7. 4

10 vote(s)
    0.9%
  8. 3

12 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. 2

3 vote(s)
    0.3%
  10. 1

6 vote(s)
    0.6%
  1. Carl Hungus

Carl Hungus

Ratings:
    +7
    No, he is suffering from epileptic spasm´s.:p No joke, fingers/arm are sometimes jerking without command. Rarely, but it´s happening.:(

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. fireballr18

fireballr18

Ratings:
    +68

- very good ffb and physics
    - lots of different cars, also track cars
    - decent graphics, sound ok
    - different types of modes
    - custom championship
    - tons of mods
    - weak KI
    - too little tracks from Kunos
    - Nords

All in all a good 8. Like AC although I play it not that often anymore.

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +581
    Nah, mods can be fixed, how many times Kunos updated their tire model.
    They opted to close that door for different reason.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Dave Thayer

Dave Thayer

Ratings:
    +33
    I rate the game as it is today with also all the MODS/APPS and will do the same for all the other games listed if I have them. I rated Assetto Corsa with a 9.
    Over the past year or so the game has really improved with graphics, effects, and Mods. Many of the Modders have come out with some great tracks/unique cars because of the new features. With using VR, I really enjoy driving/racing on many of the tracks with several of the new style cars.

I gave the game a 9 because I wish the game had provided Rolling Starts for doing offline single player American series racing, but I know the game originally was intended for GT and F1 series racing standing starts.
    Last, using the Content Manager interface to control Assetto Corsa and its settings/ features has made it easy to do offline or online racing.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu

Ratings:
    +1,151
    I don't really play the game anymore, but a few months playing ACC reminded me how good it is. I mean, I spent hundreds (maybe thousands) of hours playing it and I very rarely got bored, something that came rather quickly with ACC...

And AC is still the best modding platform since GTR2.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Mike Kadlcak

Mike Kadlcak

Ratings:
    +55
    what I like about AC

- prize (DLCs are really cheap!)
    - AI - same physics as player
    - VR - superb performance (I dont need UI in VR)
    - netcode
    - tracks - laser scan
    - visuals
    - tire model
    - content - vintage and modern stuff from all the DLCs
    - UI - simple and fast
    - custom championships

what could be better
    - career mode (at least like pc2)
    - dedicated server with AI option

its my go to sim so its a 10 for me until something better comes around.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Miwwa

Miwwa

Ratings:
    +16
    You forget about Iracing? That sim has the biggest player base in all sim racing. Love it or hate it Iracing is at the top.

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. A man with a Harmonica

A man with a Harmonica

Ratings:
    +28
    Night is a mod and the "rain" is a completely joke. AI is horrible. So, no...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Mike Kadlcak

Mike Kadlcak

Ratings:
    +55
    did you at some point buy it and re-fund it or did you just avoid it all together? just wondering not judging ;)
    I did try over the years I think every sim... this bloody hobby is addictive. :p

we should be all civil and just point out what sim from our point of view has which pro's and con's eh? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu

Ratings:
    +1,151
    At the end of the day, the poll will just measure how much fanboyism is generated by a game compared to the others. The remaining GPL players would probably give a 9.9 score as most of the others were hardly born when the game was sold.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,951
    would be probably 8 from me , but the open-ness to mods and what all is achieveble with things like SOL, CSP, CM, makes it a 9 for me

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Ghoults

Ghoults

Ratings:
    +637
    Ac lives and dies with the mods. If you want to know what ac looks like without mods then look at the console versions. If ac did not have mods then that would have been the experience on pc as well. A 6 or 7/10 game. Mediocre. And if someone plays ac totally without mods I'd say he is playing it wrong. That would be something like playing racing sims without a wheel or using computer without a mouse.

If this was a 2019 thread in that alternate universe where ac did not have modding then I'd imagine most people would be saying it was mediocre game but limited and never achieved its potential. I don't think people would be even willing to believe how big difference modding made for this title. And not just some base level modding where you can reverse engineer the systems and hack something into the game but real modding with so much freedom and done so well and comprehensively.

I certainly don't think all that many people would be playing ac without mods anymore and for sure a lot fewer people would have bought it. There are only so many times you can drive the same cars on the same tracks before it gets too repetitive and ac did not have that many tracks anyways. I think the laser scanned nordschleife would have moved quite few units but after that it would have been slow death.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu

Ratings:
    +1,151
    You might as well rate how a BMW drives without tires. AC was conceived to be modded, it does not make sense to evaluate it without mods.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. paracletus

paracletus

Ratings:
    +190
    One of the goodest.

15. StillRiver

StillRiver

Ratings:
    +2
    Why is there no Forza Motorsport in the list? Given ten for Assetto Corsa.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,855
    I love seeing the ratings and opinions, but it can also be like "Do you think my wife / girlfriend is pretty:D The main thing is we have so many to choose from, if we find one we love, we're lucky to have it. So, in the end, who cares if others love your sim of choice. She's there for you day after day to enjoy. Keep the shiny side up boys:)

Cheers

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. John B. Ellis

John B. Ellis
    Premium

Ratings:
    +21
    Oh boy. How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm once they've seen Karl Hungus.

BTW, Jackie Treehorn digs Assetto Corsa

18. Contra 710

Contra 710

Ratings:
    +9
    ac is far from perfect buy its modding community has added everything i could asked for. hundreds of cars and tracks with every livery you could imagine. they said weather wasn't possible so we did it. i 100% would have not gotten back into sim racing if it wasn't for the community the game has created.

19. Durge Driven

Durge Driven

Ratings:
    +490
    Never understood how you can rate sims 1 to 10

Should be system with individual ratings for all aspects which give you a mean / average .

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Er!c

Er!c

Ratings:
    +7
    This vote is supposed to be based on the quality of the trees, correct? ;)

• Haha Haha x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.