RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT

Misc RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content

RasmusP

Premium
RasmusP submitted a new resource:

RasmusP's LUT Guide for G27/29 and DFGT - My custom LUTs for the Logitech G27, G29 and Driving Force GT

Hi!
After my G27 Guide seems to help a LOT of drivers to finally get satisfied with their Logitech wheel in Assetto Corsa but most of them preferring my LUT-Configuration, I decided to create a little Guide only with the LUT-Configuration.
Easy, simple, quick :)

Here is the Link to the full Guide with all the different settings explained etc.:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/guide-for-g27-and-other-wheels-configuration.134490/

Now for the LUT-Configuration:...

Read more about this resource...

@Tonoppa
The first value: 0|0.120 is creating a permanent, light force. Causing a little vibration when standing still but is needed for getting completely rid of the deadzone. If you put it to 0.140 for example, the wheel will shake when standing still. Maybe you need some fine tuning :)
If it's vibrating too much: lower this first value a little bit! To 0.100 for example.
Lower it until the vibration feels good on your wheel!
If it's still too heavy, try to lower the second value a little bit too. :)

Last edited:
It's not vibrating or heaviness that causes problems. Running over curbs is like gogs are coming out of my wheel. And I didn't actually edit lut-files. Just added some centering spring from logitech(50%) and put damper on. Add to that your "GAMMA"-lut and everything is nice and smooth. It self-straightens car quite well. Tho you mentioned you don't like damper effect. My argument for my settings is I hate that ****ing rattle. To the point I'm willing to re-learn new techniques to avoid that rattling sound. But I do recommend your GAMMA-lut. It's excellent. :)

It's not vibrating or heaviness that causes problems. Running over curbs is like gogs are coming out of my wheel. And I didn't actually edit lut-files. Just added some centering spring from logitech(50%) and put damper on. Add to that your "GAMMA"-lut and everything is nice and smooth. It self-straightens car quite well. Tho you mentioned you don't like damper effect. My argument for my settings is I hate that ****ing rattle. To the point I'm willing to re-learn new techniques to avoid that rattling sound. But I do recommend your GAMMA-lut. It's excellent. :)
Very interesting! The gamma lut is actually amplifying lower forces even more than the other luts. Maybe the curbs are just clipping very much with it and get compressed by the damper setting.

Anyway, I'm happy that at least some of my settings are working for you and making you happy! :)
If you want to edit anything further just ask!

RasmusP updated RasmusP's LUT Guide for G27/29 and DFGT with a new update entry:

Adding new LUT, also repacked the folder to provide just drag&drop.

Hey guys,
I worked on a new kind of LUT for the past weeks!
I hated that you experienced heavy clipping all the time with my configuration but due to the first value in my LUTs (slight rattle while standing still, kind of a "damper" to make the center-transitions so smooth), you can absolutely NOT raise the FFB slider in the Profiler!

So to reduce the clipping I lowered the in game overall FFB to 50% and left the Profiler on 100%. My new LUT multiplies the FFB so you get clipping free, but...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks will try this now, what is the standard profile for FFB? And where do I find the ABS 23% setting.
Assetto corsa and Standards... Does this game even have something like that? :p
The standard would be without a lut and without the ff_post_process.ini being active afaik :)
The abs slider is new with the latest update!
Just go on track and open the ffb app (the one with the little steering wheel as icon).
Since the latest update you'll see all the "artificial effects sliders that try to put the real car things into your hands, which is totally unrealistic but I love it" :D

T
Assetto corsa and Standards... Does this game even have something like that? :p
The standard would be without a lut and without the ff_post_process.ini being active afaik :)
The abs slider is new with the latest update!
Just go on track and open the ffb app (the one with the little steering wheel as icon).
Since the latest update you'll see all the "artificial effects sliders that try to put the real car things into your hands, which is totally unrealistic but I love it" :D
The standards I'm referring to is from your notes txt within your recommended lut folder that came in the download, stating "I use FFB clip with the "standard" profile to get the most out of the race cars". or are we talking about different FFB Clips, I'm using the App not AC'S built in one.

T

The standards I'm referring to is from your notes txt within your recommended lut folder that came in the download, stating "I use FFB clip with the "standard" profile to get the most out of the race cars". or are we talking about different FFB Clips, I'm using the App not AC'S built in one.
Ah, sorry man, thought you were talking about the ac standard ffb setting!

When you open the ffb clip app you can chose between a few "clipping profiles". Light, standard, strong and maximum.
The light one is too light for the G27 but the standard one works well in my opinion :)

But you can also just leave the in car ffb sliders at 100% and adjust them from there to your liking!

Thanks for that, as it happens I do use standard or normal with static.
Quick question, changing the ABS setting to 23% as you said, does that change/ save it for that car or is it a global setting?

Thanks for that, as it happens I do use standard or normal with static.
Quick question, changing the ABS setting to 23% as you said, does that change/ save it for that car or is it a global setting?
That's a good question... I honestly don't know but I think it's global!

Was wondering as I have mine set for Factory ABS, so cars without ABS if it's global will have ABS, if you get my drift.
Tested it:
Cars without abs give a vibration from the slips slider when you lock up the wheels.

Cars with abs will give a vibration from the abs slider when the abs kicks in.

That's why I have abs and slips at the same value :)

Thank You RasmusP, for your work.
I'm a noob, and I tried to do as the istructions said.
Now it seem to work fine, exept a small thing, I get FFB after turning wheel well over 100 degrees.
Before that X degree there's no feeling in the wheel, or is that normai?
I have a G29 and tried to look Logtich Profiler to these right: - Logitech Profiler:
- overall: 100 (don't raise this! you will get crazy rattling!)
- spring: 0
- damper: 0
couldn't find any of those from the Logitech Gaming Software for G29.
Pls help an old man under the hill.

Thank You RasmusP, for your work.
I'm a noob, and I tried to do as the istructions said.
Now it seem to work fine, exept a small thing, I get FFB after turning wheel well over 100 degrees.
Before that X degree there's no feeling in the wheel, or is that normai?
I have a G29 and tried to look Logtich Profiler to these right: - Logitech Profiler:
- overall:
100 (don't raise this! you will get crazy rattling!)
- spring: 0
- damper: 0
couldn't find any of those from the Logitech Gaming Software for G29.
Pls help an old man under the hill.
Hey :) no worries, we'll get it working!

Profiler: I finally need to look into the g29 software. But either way you should have one overall strength slider? This slider needs to be at 100%.

If you see anything with spring or centering spring: disable it (0%)!

To the ffb: no, that's not normal! I don't have any ffb while standing still because I can't stand the rattling and how often do you stand still in a racing game? :p

So while driving at least or more than 50 kp/h you should have a nice and firm feeling while going straight. It's important because here lies the "magic" of my settings/settings.
I worked so hard on this to get a nice and firm wheel around the center, like in real life. And that is the goal you/we need to achieve :)

Hey :) no worries, we'll get it working!

Profiler: I finally need to look into the g29 software. But either way you should have one overall strength slider? This slider needs to be at 100%.

If you see anything with spring or centering spring: disable it (0%)!

To the ffb: no, that's not normal! I don't have any ffb while standing still because I can't stand the rattling and how often do you stand still in a racing game? :p

So while driving at least or more than 50 kp/h you should have a nice and firm feeling while going straight. It's important because here lies the "magic" of my settings/settings.
I worked so hard on this to get a nice and firm wheel around the center, like in real life. And that is the goal you/we need to achieve :)

TY RasmusP for reply.
I did those two things in profiler.
Still I don't have any feeling with the wheel. I get FFB over 100 closer to 180 degrees.
Wheel seems to be very accurate, but without FFB, driving is hard. I can turn the wheel with one finger, so in that point there is no FFB, it jumps in closer to 180 degs, then I gotto use both hands.;)

TY RasmusP for reply.
I did those two things in profiler.
Still I don't have any feeling with the wheel. I get FFB over 100 closer to 180 degrees.
Wheel seems to be very accurate, but without FFB, driving is hard. I can turn the wheel with one finger, so in that point there is no FFB, it jumps in closer to 180 degs, then I gotto use both hands.;)
Ok then there is something VERY wrong with your Assetto Corsa options!

Let's start without any of my settings and just with the basic!

1. Go into documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini
    1. ENABLED = 0
    2. This deactivates the whole ff_post_process.ini!
  2. Just go ingame and in the steering options:
    1. Gain: 100% (the overall ffb strength slider)
    2. Filter: 0
    3. Min Force: 15%
    4. understeer: untick!
    5. the rest doesn't matter, I suggest you put the sliders all down to 3% for now
  3. Go on Track with whatever car you want (maybe take a different one)
    1. move the mouse cursor to the very right and click on the wheel icon
    2. The FFB app opens and here you see the car specific ffb gain
    3. Put that to 100% (click on it or numpad + or -
Now you should at least have some FFB around the center!
It doesn't seem like my settings wouldn't be working, it rather sounds like something else is completely wrong.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 306 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 439 39.6%