Random stutter/freeze in corners

Relatively new AC player here.

I use an nVidia 1080ti with a 144Hz monitor with gSync. Framerates are great and the video is very smooth except about once every 2 laps I get a sudden half-second (and sometimes full second) freeze, usually when going around corners. It's enough sometimes to cause me to go off track.

I have tried every combination I can think of with vertical sync, limiting framerates, modifying max. frame latency etc. and nothing seems to help.

I've seen other posts about this but never a definitive solution. I also assume some people don't have the issue at all since, otherwise, there would be more about it. For me, it's pretty much a game-killer.

Any suggestions?

When I had a problem with random stutters it ended up being the usb I had my wheel plugged into, I swapped to a different usb socket and no more stutters so might be worth a try

Thanks for the responses. Fingers crossed, but I think I may have found the problem: even though I wasn't displaying them, Content Manager reported that I had several apps (HUDs and other things) activated. One or more of those was apparently causing the problem because when I unchecked them, my stuttering problem went away.
I think the lesson for anyone having performance issues with AC is that the FIRST thing to check is the mods and third-party apps. I wasted a week tinkering with video settings when those apparently weren't the problem at all.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 129 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 473 39.0%