Random Lockups

J

Joel Nori

• Joel Nori

When in game, I could be driving any car on any track doing anything and my computer will lock up. Visuals stop, sound keeps repeating itself and only way to fix it is by rebooting.

Now your all gonna suggest overheating, bad ram, and everything that Ive already tried.

Specs:

Intel Q9450 2.66ghz
GTX 260
nForce 790i FTW
Patriot xTreme 2x2 1333mhz ram
1000HWX Corsair PSU

Now, earlier today I played the game without a issue for about 3 hours. I did make a change, I turned AAx4 on. I just turned it off again. I also have the performance thing off in the game. Now it did lock up before putting the AA on twice. I then went looking for solutions and found that performance thing that acts like VSYNC and I turned that off.

• Matt Alpeter

CPU voltage? i guess i never thought of an overclocking problem. good catch and glad you got it working!

• rafa28

I think I might have fixed it...changed a voltage setting in the BIOS...havent had a crash since.

Did you reduce the voltage? By how much? If so, had you increased it previously for some reason? I'm asking because i get some serious slow downs sometimes and have to go back to the main menu and star over. Wich could be really annoying online. GTR2(or any other game for that matter) doesn't give me that.

Thank you already!

rafa wasnt the post about onboard graphics yours, if so your slowdowns are likely due to bottlenecks at the graphics card.

generally you increase voltages for more performance but this obviously has limits. if your planning on overclocking a suggest you go read heabily on the subject first and gather various opinions of your particular hardware before you start as its far from a risk free bussiness.

• Joel Nori

well ive singled it down to a few things...you would need to do the same. I have been adjusting my SPP voltage which creates stability and I havent had a crash since upping it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%