Random flashing shapes HELP!

Hey all,

I've been taking a break from AC and came back to racing recently. I tried to do a full grid race with the RSS GT1 cars but I cannot complete the race as random yellow shapes flash on my screen. It is very unpleasant for the eyes and very annoying. I tried a steam verification and turning down the graphics but neither helped.

My PC is far from being a potato as it has:
Intel Core i7 6700K CPU, 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU and 32GB RAM.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the random flashes of shapes and how I could stop this issue from happening?

Hey have you tried a clean driver install with DDU? Does your config do this with other titles as well? Maybe also try to completely remove the Assetto Corsa folders from the 'steamlibrary' and 'documents' folders, and start clean.

I've managed to take a screenshot and as far as I have tested, it happens on every track no matter the car as well but only during races when there are multiple cars on track.
20180405124200_3.jpg

Here is a video as well:
Along with the flashes there are also massive frame drops which in my opinion should not happen to a system with my specs.

Surprisingly other games don't have this issue( the ones I tried anyways) but I'm worried that my graphics card may be dying....

Attachments

• 20180405124154_1.jpg
    20180405124154_1.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
ok, pretty sure what you see there is some sort of mod that's meant to make the exhaust flames brighter, but for some reason it's turned to 10000x as bright, sorta like this:
BE8FIAu.jpg

so I doubt its a hardware issue

Hi,
does it persist when you choose another ppfilter?
triple screen or not ?
i saw this problem on another AC forum : nothing to do with a hardware issue, so far i remember.
only some param concerning sun rays, light...
good luck

Hi, I had the same problem with sligthly smaller random artefacts. Did turn out that the latest nvidea driver were the problem. Reinstalled the last stable driver and then the problem was gone. My system specs are like wise as yours

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%