Random disconnects from MP servers

Cheers forums!

I am currently experiencing random disconnects from MP servers during online races.
  • Typically during a race at a random moment all opponents obviously drive into the barriers / out of boundaries and their names disappear from my opponents list. I am alone on track.
  • I get a small black ingame box telling me I got disconnected from the server.
  • I can quit the server and immediately rejoin.
  • I'm on Unitymedia/Vodafone cable connection with very low ping
  • Happened on CP and private lobbies
  • Haven't found anything suspicious on the router log, but will have a look again.
After consulting with some chaps on discord and an internet search on this topic I still haven't found "the" solution (if there is one). Have looked here on the forums but haven't found a match for my problem (maybe I missed the thread?).

Some ideas for remedial:
  1. restart modem / router before I go racing
  2. install newest mainboard drivers (done)
  3. quit and rejoin server after each session (practice / qualy / race)
  4. ....

Anybody else experienced this and has some ideas or even solutions?
Much appreciated!

Rob

All the measures posted above didn't help in the end. I still got disconnects on every second race weekend.

In a pure act of frustration I sourced a AVM FritzBox as a replacement. Didn't want to shell out big $$ and went for a rather cheap one for ~75€ (Type 4040).

Works really well compared to the double-priced NetGear unit.
So far the problem seems to be cured! //fingerscrossed

BTW the network monitor doesn't show me any other quality of connection. The graph looks virtually identical to when I used the Netgear unit.
Overall I don't have a clue why this stuff happened and why it seems to be cured....
But who cares anyway! :geek:

I get DCed from time to time, my friends do as well, it's a problem with ACC for sure.
I could live with "from time to time" which I also noticed during our club races that somebody DC'ed.
But having that on every second race weekend, sometimes during each session is a huge bummer.
Like Qualy for naught, start from the back, disconnect during race and connect again one lap down...

I've been experienced with the same issue many times, and still have. The problem looks like a protection feature from more expensive routers. All my disconnections has a log entry "LogKsPhysics: Error: AcMultiplayerClient disconnected due to UDP timeout". This nigth I'll try a cheap router and I'll post the result here. When we connect to a server all information about cars and live times are sent to all clients connectes, all by UDP connection, and this is not commun at house connectios, I guess. BTW i use a TP-Link Deck M5.

Update: Since switching to the Fritz Box I didn't have a single disconnect.
Hello! I've been looking all over the web for solutions to this matter, since I'm also experiencing this. Random disconnections with ACC. I also have the router from my ISP (Movistar in this case), and the only solution I've found until now is to restart the router before any important race. So far it's working, but I'm always concern that maybe will fail, so I was looking for a more robust solution, and then reach your thread here.

Just wanted to thank you for your continuos updates for the community. Do you know if this Fritzbox has anything special compared to other routers from Asus (ROG series for instance), or other manufactures? I'm not an expert on this, so I'm just trying to learn from all the alternatives before purchasing a new one.

Again, thanks a lot and take care!

Hello! I've been looking all over the web for solutions to this matter, since I'm also experiencing this. Random disconnections with ACC. I also have the router from my ISP (Movistar in this case), and the only solution I've found until now is to restart the router before any important race. So far it's working, but I'm always concern that maybe will fail, so I was looking for a more robust solution, and then reach your thread here.

Just wanted to thank you for your continuos updates for the community. Do you know if this Fritzbox has anything special compared to other routers from Asus (ROG series for instance), or other manufactures? I'm not an expert on this, so I'm just trying to learn from all the alternatives before purchasing a new one.

Again, thanks a lot and take care!
Cheers, you're welcome!
Previously I also tried to restart the router before any online races. I had mixed results, when you have 2 or three sessions (practice, quali and race).
Latest during the race I experienced disconnects in 50% of the cases.

Unfortunately I have no further information why the Fritzbox works and others might not. To be precise, people which specifically had Netgear products experienced trouble with regular disconnects. Maybe your Movistar router is a relabeled Netgear?

But there is still the possibility that you have a different problem connected to your ISP. Did you check if you experience massive packet losses for example?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%