Random crashing to desktop

Been playing this fine for months, had the odd crash to desktop caused by incompatible mods due to using public betas etc.

But today ive added some mods and i was playing along fine then all of a sudden it froze for a couple of seconds and just chucked me back to desktop, no error messages or anything. So i disabled all the mods id added today, restarted the game, driving along fine for about 10 minutes then bang, froze for a couple of seconds and chucked me back to desktop.

Hoping its a game issue, but did have a random crash to desktop with forza horizon 4 earlier so really hoping its not hardware related although not getting any error messages of video drivers crashing etc. when it happens just straight back to desktop where the pc is running fine

It's been years since I crashed to desktop while playing a game .

In fact the only time I have an issue is when I'm "alt + tabbing" so I would assume its a hardware thing. You could use steam to verify game files before you start to worry though. Maybe uninstall and reinstall too.

It's been years since I crashed to desktop while playing a game .

In fact the only time I have an issue is when I'm "alt + tabbing" so I would assume its a hardware thing. You could use steam to verify game files before you start to worry though. Maybe uninstall and reinstall too.

It was the game, guess it's to do with the stupid way that the mods only work properly if they're updated to work for the version of the game that's out

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 259 13.5%