"Rammers" not Racers!

Can anyone explain why "racers" or as I like to call then rammers don't like to race but ram everyone off?

I've just been playing Race and was constantly rammed off by other back markers!
Ok yes, I wasn't exactly in pole position but was starting around 12 out of 24. For me this was good as it was my first time racing a Mini.

The quicker I can actually race people that come to race and not ram the better!:wink:

Am I the only one that has this problem?:thumb:

Rant over
:D

I think David is trying to tarnish my reputation :D

Just like Simon said one thing i have found in the last few days with racing on public servers is that they are good for increasing your reaction times, learning the tracks and reading the road way ahead as you know that there is going to be a pile up it is just a matter of time :) and how to avoid it.

Yes Ryan unfortunately i know & now related to David through marriage, of course not to me though :becky:

I don't know why but I lol'ed.

Here is a video of one day I spent on public servers:
http://blip.tv/file/1274163 (Please excuse the shoddy editing)

then compare that with some of the races I've had at RD
http://blip.tv/file/1210618

RD is awesome :D

Good vids :D

Hopefully it won't be long before I'm racing you guys.
But until that day comes I will keep practicing on the good old public servers.

All races at the moment are like the first vid. :rolleyes:

I think David is trying to tarnish my reputation :D

Just like Simon said one thing i have found in the last few days with racing on public servers is that they are good for increasing your reaction times, learning the tracks and reading the road way ahead as you know that there is going to be a pile up it is just a matter of time :) and how to avoid it.

Yes Ryan unfortunately i know & now related to David through marriage, of course not to me though :becky:

I have found the best way to avoid them is to start at the back of the grid and just watched everyone else get rammed off.

It's just a shame I'm not quick enough to then catch up the guys at the front.
But like anything, the more you practice the more you learn and the better you get. ( Supposedly)

:becky:

Not sure about the better you get :thumb: im not sure if crashing into the tyre barrier whilst running in 2nd is getting better and ruining your race :rolleyes:

But on a serious not i have improved since i started quite a bit to be honest as im now a midfield runner as opposed to rear end runner :D in most cases :thumb:

Not sure about the better you get :thumb: im not sure if crashing into the tyre barrier whilst running in 2nd is getting better and ruining your race :rolleyes:

But on a serious not i have improved since i started quite a bit to be honest as im now a midfield runner as opposed to rear end runner :D in most cases :thumb:

Tell me about it. Qualify in pole,:thumb: half a lap later kill the car Grrrrrrr:yield:
That was a close 1 2 3 qualifying session.
First time I’ve ever qualified anywhere near you lol :tape:

Normally 6 places behind you if I’m lucky.

Atleast that crash was my own fault and no one else’s… Surprised really as it was a public server lol
:drum:

Keep up the practice buddy :D

Im only quicker because i know the cars and the tracks we have raced but im nowhere near as fast as a lot of guys on here but if you can get near my times then you will have some good midfield battles in the RD events :thumb:

Just done a PB at Monza in the FBMW's.

Had a race with "Mossel" and got hit once but don't think it was intentional for a change as when overtaking under breaking into the first chicane I was given enough space and made it out the other side. :becky:

Would have been a good race but he/she lost their front wing and quit out.:mmph:

Starting to get used to controlling when hit from the side and behind now. :peace:

Keep up the practice buddy :D

Im only quicker because i know the cars and the tracks we have raced but im nowhere near as fast as a lot of guys on here but if you can get near my times then you will have some good midfield battles in the RD events :thumb:

What you mean? I'm going be at the back for a long time lol

I must admit I really like the FBMW's and starting to get to grips with it. Can not do Monaco with them though :frusty: I end up with no car left

:violin:

Yep, another person here, fed up with public servers.

Just this morning I had a nice little battle. Was leading the race in my little green mini but got overtaken at the start of the first lap. Took him back at the end of the lap, nice and clean. Flying in 6th gear up to the first corner, just checking the split times as I go and all of a sudden I see the lights of a black mini. Had nowhere to go and plowed head on into him. I was out of the race, but he managed to stay on and continue to drive backwards around the track, ruining as many races as possible until he finally got voted out at lap 9 or so.

Needless to say was not happy.

Looking forward to getting into some racing here as soon as I can :)

The main thing is that no matter how mad it gets you, don`t lower yourself to their level by crashing them back, catch them up and pass clean then say to them "thats how you overtake".

I have lowered myself to kid level by sometimes suggesting they should "go back to Need For Speed" or something like that, without the F-word.

Then I got one mortal enemy who crashes me when he sees me. So adding to your list: it's better not to say anything negative in chat no matter how angry you are.

.... must find a new way to vent frustration.. :)

• Lawrence Shaw

:censored:

Posting this as i've just been knocked out of a race (again) by a rammer, and i'm waiting for the next race.

I cant wait to join some RD races.:D

I have been rammed many times in the public servers. The best way to deal with it for me since im not the fastest driver is to be last one on the starting block and just let them have their fun at the 1st corner. But the problem is after the dust has settled I am way to far behind to catch the leading pack.

Now I have to contribute 22 more useful post before I can join RD races. Cant wait for it. :D

Well, when i get that sudden will of some laps and only have a public server to do so, i rarely qualified myself, because as usual half of the field will eventually crash during 1st lap, the half of the other half will hit each other, trying to win early (they dont know what is consistency) i start from the back easy, try to avoid all the carnage and some times i finish in top 3, if meantime some fellow doesnt ramm me trying to get back a position :madgrin::D
Thats why, i begin to prefer racing with the "AI", at least they have more "I" than some public servers idiots:whistle:

Cheers

• Matt Crouch

Was just on an RD public server running Oscherschleben. Saw someone was on the server and took the opportunity to join. The number soon went up to 7 and the race started.
I could tell from the first lap that one of the racers (Peter Eriksson) was a club member because of the way he drove patiently behind me putting on a bit of pressure waiting for the perfect passing opportunity - very clean racing compared to the usual public server. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 55 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.7%