Cars Rallylegends Mod - Lancia Delta S4 Gr.B - RELEASE✔

Status
Not open for further replies.
The center differential is a Viscous one, it's not meant to let the tires spin but the opposite so if you are on full gas the axles become solid and the car understeers... That was a real problem on this car. If you want to mitigate it, you can increase the preloads but you will get some more understeer on curve entry...
I thought the car was rear biased on the differentials, providing more torque to the rear than front in case of spinning. When accelerating in circles the car barely turns, only increasing the rmp. When regaining some speed it realy sounds and feels like the clutch is hooking up again and providing torque to the wheels...

It's rear torque biased, 70% is on rear on '85 versiom and 75% in '86 but when an axle spins the Viscous lock together bot axles to make their speed equal. That's the theory... Since it's achieving this effect with a siliconic fluid you have to waiy for it to engage the clutches inside the differential and it's a sort of time delay: you will have an incipient slip and then the axles become solid; this can give you that feeling. Moreover be careful on shift in this phase because of this delay: if you change gear when the axles are solid, in the shift instant the wheels are rotating at same speed and they stay there because you are not powering them (you are shifting) but as you have the gear engaged and so you are powering again the wheels you are instantly giving 70 - 75 % of torque to rear wheels; if you don't have enough grip in that instant you'll have hard times :)

It's rear torque biased, 70% is on rear on '85 versiom and 75% in '86 but when an axle spins the Viscous lock together bot axles to make their speed equal. That's the theory... Since it's achieving this effect with a siliconic fluid you have to waiy for it to engage the clutches inside the differential and it's a sort of time delay: you will have an incipient slip and then the axles become solid; this can give you that feeling. Moreover be careful on shift in this phase because of this delay: if you change gear when the axles are solid, in the shift instant the wheels are rotating at same speed and they stay there because you are not powering them (you are shifting) but as you have the gear engaged and so you are powering again the wheels you are instantly giving 70 - 75 % of torque to rear wheels; if you don't have enough grip in that instant you'll have hard times :)
Yeah then we are understanding eachoter, i have the book on the Delta S4 and from what ive read and all the on board footage of the car ive seen, this mod is not handling right. Its not locking up the way is supposed too, its actually releasing differentials and elliminates power to the wheels. On corner exit or accelerating in general were wheel spin may occour, its not delivering torque to the rear wheels, oversteering is not possible. Instead its slipping or atleast delivering torque too one or two wheels only in front... You have to try the mod for yourself and feel it. Its not nearly locking the front and rear axle togheter in any way...

Except for this the mod is brilliant, sound and graphics is stunning.. And the overrall feel of the car is great, its just not putting the power down right...

Oversteering was not searched for, traction was searched for; the car should retain stability in every situations.
Maybe I can do something better with differentials for 1.0 but it's hard to see that car making donuts or hard oversteering, just check some videos. Here you have an example: at 3:50 you see what I mean...

• Deleted member 130869

Would love to support you if you had a Sellfy page. So much easier with instant download there instead of via mail. But just sending some money to a PayPal address? Nah, thanks

It costs more to maintain the most basic of basic Sellfy pages for a year than a lot of modders receive via donations.

RELEASE✔
;)

rEHk74l.png

INFO: https://www.facebook.com/RallylegendsMod/

I'd love to give this a shot but I seem not be able to find infos on how to support and download - any pointers ?

Is the description field correct because those power figures are quite low according to every piece of info I can find? Harri Toivonen said that on full boost the car should be making around 580-590bhp. Markku Alén said something like "For the first time I think I had more than a 600bhp.".

FFB is so much better than on WRC cars! And the model is insane! Good job guys!

Is it just me or does this car have very weak brakes? Or is there a special technique to slowing down, like braking more with the engine than the discs or using the handbrake to assist?

I'm comparing it to the Audi S1E2 which stops a lot better imo.

Is it just me or does this car have very weak brakes? Or is there a special technique to slowing down, like braking more with the engine than the discs or using the handbrake to assist?

I'm comparing it to the Audi S1E2 which stops a lot better imo.

Brakes are worst part of the S4. I read and also heard from Alen’s interview that if you use brakes too often/hard they fade out. I personally think that S4 brakes was biggest reason why Toivonen and Cresto killed in Corsica. Rally was a really hard on brakes... :(

Is the description field correct because those power figures are quite low according to every piece of info I can find? Harri Toivonen said that on full boost the car should be making around 580-590bhp. Markku Alén said something like "For the first time I think I had more than a 600bhp.".

FFB is so much better than on WRC cars! And the model is insane! Good job guys!

Correct me, released v0.90 contains only 1985 version of the car? ;) In 1986 version we have 560hp, if i remember right. It’s a really different car compared to 1985, which contains 480hp.

I wanted to put the white/steel 'Art Engineering skin' rims on the Toivonen Martinicar, I found 'rimr' and 's4rim' in the Art Engineering skin so I copied those and made a second copy of Toivonen's car and put the in that skin but they don't show up?

Cheers
Robin

I wanted to put the white/steel 'Art Engineering skin' rims on the Toivonen Martinicar, I found 'rimr' and 's4rim' in the Art Engineering skin so I copied those and made a second copy of Toivonen's car and put the in that skin but they don't show up?

Cheers
Robin

I don’t have release package, but you can disable those ventolonis via textures. If you can find venta, ventb (something like that) named textures from ART skin folder, just copy them to Toivonen skin folder.

I don’t have release package, but you can disable those ventolonis via textures. If you can find venta, ventb (something like that) named textures from ART skin folder, just copy them to Toivonen skin folder.

Thanks, it worked.
And I had to copy the 'blur_0' or something too in the Martini car.
Cheers
Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back