Rallye Monte Carlo @ Monte Carlo - 28th - 31st January 2016

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
MrIqFyu.jpg

RD's take on the famous Monte-Carlo Rallye is here! :)

This is a rally for all members of RaceDepartment, premium or not. So just sign up, tag your friends or enemies, not to mention the fremenies to see who can drive the fastest, and not run off at the same time.

League Name (must be a member to be able to participate):
RaceDepartment
Cars: 2010's & R4
Itinerary:

SS01: Monte Carlo - Approche du Col de Turini - Monteè - Night - Snow

SS02: Monte Carlo - Route de Turini Descente - Night - Snow
SS03: Monte Carlo - Vallee Descendante - Midday - Sunny
SS04: Monte Carlo - Gordolon - Courte montee- Midday - Sunny
SS05: Monte Carlo - Col de Turini - Sprint en Descente - Afternoon - Cloudy
SS06: Monte Carlo - Col de Turini Descente - Afternoon - Mist
SS07: Monte Carlo - Col du Turini sprint en Montee - Afternoon - Snow

Session Open: From 00:01GMT 28th of January to 23:59GMT 31st of January 2016
Re-Runs: No!
Service: Between Every Stage!

Premium Membership Sweepstake: Not This week.

As all drivers in the RD League on RaceNet can drive, and we won't ever have a limit, we are testing how it will work out without signups in the thread. But feel free to discuss the event here :)

Question: Do people do practice runs before entering the event?
Some do, some don't. I guess it depends on how much time one have to spare, and how you like the stages.
I never practice in general. I mean. I don't practice before any club events, and I don't really practice before league events either. I have other stuff to do:ninja:

I might do this, but I proper hate Monté Carlo, so not 100% :)

You and me both!

well ....... THAT was harrowing!
threw the car off cliffs I don't know HOW many times in recce. finally went ahead and did stage 1 of the league event.
I gotta say, this game really gets the night snow driving effect good. hypnotic. :thumbsup:

Since I'm new to Dirt...

Is it possible to take part in such events without owning the car in your garage? I saw that the RN events needed you to own the car yourself to participate in the events :unsure:

If that is the case I need another week or 2 before I own a few more cars :roflmao:

Since I'm new to Dirt...

Is it possible to take part in such events without owning the car in your garage? I saw that the RN events needed you to own the car yourself to participate in the events :unsure:

If that is the case I need another week or 2 before I own a few more cars :roflmao:

Yup, all rallies on RD is made with top-tuned cars.
We will not have many (if any) rallies with owned cars. As that means people would have to drive lots offline and grind to get the cars tuned. And that is boring.

The Racedepartment curse strikes again!!!!
I've had more spins, crashes and punctures in 7 stage than I got in the whole 24 of the monthly events. Come to think of it I don't think I had 1 crash in this months stages, and to top it off I fell of the road on the final stage :mad: still better luck next time. Said that last time :O_o:

Yup, all rallies on RD is made with top-tuned cars.
We will not have many (if any) rallies with owned cars. As that means people would have to drive lots offline and grind to get the cars tuned. And that is boring.
Well.... That depends on the car :p

I've driven 2 championships in the 70's Kadett, so much fun to drive :D

And then I simply skipped after 2 events of driving the 80's Beemer, no fun at all to drive, just frustration :thumbsdown:

So it depends on the car(s) :whistling:

Won't be able to make this event as I'm heading to bed after being called to work tomorrow. Will see if I can/will make the next one, unless it's the 80's cars :coffee:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 354 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%