DiRT Rally Rallycross update preview

Justin

#1 overuser of the :P emoticon
Here is a quick preview of the upcoming rallycross update for Dirt Rally, most likely releasing late July/early August.

Looks like good fun. Features the Lydden Hill track (the one Top Gear visited for a rallycross feature they did not too long ago) and also includes joker laps for full authenticity. :)

This update is also coming with live multiplayer I believe which I am looking forward to!

Really looking forward to this update! You won't get me off DR when this lands :thumbsup:

Also glad that they're going for authenticity rather than circuit-racing-on-mud, if you know what I mean ;)

install it seems will happen in three bits: first cars and two tracks; then multiplayer and finally a third track. all of this probably in august. here's hoping the multiplayer will not be as awful as the one in dirt03 where you were shot down by some dude each and every time.

The cars feel weird when they pass a certain angle sideways, and it is at certain points a bit hard to know exactly how the brakes will grip on.

But the car behaviour, characteristics and so on is very good.

In Rally mode there is some sort of road feel but in RX there is hardly no road feeling at all and same goes for the PP cars IMO.

I wonder if there is any tire modeling going on at all in DR ?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.5%