Rallycross update preview

Justin

#1 overuser of the :P emoticon
Oct 26, 2010
Here is a quick preview of the upcoming rallycross update for Dirt Rally, most likely releasing late July/early August.

Looks like good fun. Features the Lydden Hill track (the one Top Gear visited for a rallycross feature they did not too long ago) and also includes joker laps for full authenticity. :)

This update is also coming with live multiplayer I believe which I am looking forward to!

Dan Allen

I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.
Dec 29, 2013
Really looking forward to this update! You won't get me off DR when this lands :thumbsup:

Also glad that they're going for authenticity rather than circuit-racing-on-mud, if you know what I mean ;)

Reactions: RaceNut

Eckhart von Glan

6000RPM
Premium
Dec 29, 2006
install it seems will happen in three bits: first cars and two tracks; then multiplayer and finally a third track. all of this probably in august. here's hoping the multiplayer will not be as awful as the one in dirt03 where you were shot down by some dude each and every time.

Reactions: RaceNut

Kevin Knorpp

500RPM
Sep 9, 2010
Rallycross rallycross rallycross. Truth be told the combos I run in rF2 are essentially the closest thing I can get to rallycross on pavement. Going to love this. Really hoping for VERY fast AI in case online becomes retard-fest.

Reactions: Filip Carlén

Robin_NL

100RPM
Premium
Jan 11, 2011
And I realy do hope Codies puts in some of the 80s/90s Rallycross(ex Gr B 700BHP) cars as well.

Just google : Martin Schanche

:)

Cheers
Robin

Dan Allen

I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.
Dec 29, 2013
And I realy do hope Codies puts in some of the 80s/90s Rallycross(ex Gr B 700BHP) cars as well.

Just google : Martin Schanche

:)

Cheers
Robin
Nah, they're only doing the modern FIA World RX Championship so far.

Really can't wait to get in Ramona Karlsson's car ;)

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff member
Premium
Sep 29, 2009
The cars feel weird when they pass a certain angle sideways, and it is at certain points a bit hard to know exactly how the brakes will grip on.

But the car behaviour, characteristics and so on is very good.

Tobbe Bergman

@Simberia
Jul 11, 2010
The cars feel weird when they pass a certain angle sideways, and it is at certain points a bit hard to know exactly how the brakes will grip on.

But the car behaviour, characteristics and so on is very good.
In Rally mode there is some sort of road feel but in RX there is hardly no road feeling at all and same goes for the PP cars IMO.

I wonder if there is any tire modeling going on at all in DR ?