Rally - WRC Team Challenge 2 - Mon 24th & Tues 25th October 2011

i dont know now, because its wasnt showing up in the "start online session" box and I kept getting some time zone server error too. I changed my time zone and I could enter so hopfully it works for 5:00 US session.

i dont know now, because its wasnt showing up in the "start online session" box and I kept getting some time zone server error too. I changed my time zone and I could enter so hopfully it works for 5:00 US session.

The USA guys have had previous problems with the Server clock.
Please have a look at the FAQ here for a work around:
http://www.racedepartment.com/showthread.php?t=37567

Basically, just set your PC clock to the Server time and then let it synchronise. You can change it back to local time when you have finished the rally.

ok that worked but took awhile to sync. missed Pirka Menoko too :( ok thats weird -23.56 in count down? great cant reconnect now, server error time again:mad: screw it!

Good race Corey!

Ahh, that was nice. Not a single DNF. Got some decent times on a few of the stages.

Is there any way to look at the other races to compare times or do we need to way until its posted up here? Only seeing one other persons time and waiting a whole day to see some more results gets kind of annoying :)

Is there any way to look at the other races to compare times or do we need to way until its posted up here?

Sorry, but you'll have to wait until Senad extracts all of the times from the Server and compiles them. Besides, it would be unfair to allow those who are still to race to see the times already posted by earlier drivers. All drivers must be treated equally here.

ok that worked but took awhile to sync. missed Pirka Menoko too :( ok thats weird -23.56 in count down? great cant reconnect now, server error time again:mad: screw it!

Sorry that you still had problems with the Rallysim Server clock, Matthijs.:frown:
This seems to bob up occasionally for USA drivers in particular. I don't fully understand it, but I suspect it has something to do with their Server Clock getting slightly (maybe only a few minutes) fast. Whenever I go to synchronise my RSCenter clock, it is often showing the Server slightly ahead of time. Once it gets a couple of minutes ahead, I get a similar message that it can't connect. To fix it, I always have to re-adjust my PC clock to be slightly ahead (or very close to the Server time).

Here is the info from Aaron (USA member) who has dealt with the issue:

This is back for 2011, but appears to only be an issue for the Rallyesim Championships, not the public sessions. I was able to run our first club rally of the year without issue, but when I went to test the championship mode the timer counted down like usual, then when it got to go time the timer reset to -24:00:00 and started counting down another 24 hours.

The fix is to manually set your computer clock to GMT+1 as well as setting the time settings in RSCenter to GMT+1. RSCenter will not do this automatically like before.

So here is my best attempt to offer advice.
1. Make sure to adjust your clock and test it prior to the Rally start time.
2. Set your PC clock to the server time (but make it a few (15-30 seconds or more) ahead of the Server time.
3. Change your RSCenter Settings - GMT/UTC to +2hrs. That is because the Server is currently GMT+2 (but that will change to GMT+1 when daylight saving time ends in Europe, which is very soon :rolleyes: ).
4. Then, when you are in Public Sessions, do the clock Synchronisation process. Hopefully it synchronises your clock to the Server clock. If it still gives the error mesasage, move your own PC clock forward another 15-30 seconds.

You should be able to test this at any time.

I know this is very messy, but I'm not sure what else to suggest. Maybe the other USA guys can offer some further help.

For some reason, the Rallyesim server clock keeps slowly creeping ahead of time. I have advised them before, they fix it for a while, then it starts creeping ahead again. :frown:

sorry guys, can't do anymore racing tonight :(
been hit by the bad luck bug ALL WEEK so far and its not helping on this session.
spun twice in ss1, once + hit a tree in ss2, slow overall in ss3, rolled 14582463178 times in one go on ss4.
have to retire before something fatal happens to my computer, physically >_>

Well, that wasn't too flash, I let Team Ford down badly tonight. Sorry guys. :redface:
I hope I'm getting all of my crashing out the way before next week.

I took things pretty easy to start with until I could get a feel for the Fiesta, which actually felt pretty good. I was slowly stepping up the pace, but obviously got too confident. :redface:
On Mineshaft, very early into the stage, I understeered slowly into a tree and tapped it, not very hard at all. Unfortunately, that resulted in a broken gearbox (Realistic damage can be cruel), so, after a CFH to get away from the tree, I was now trying to finish the stage in 2nd gear. With the engine on the rev limiter the whole way, I started to worry that the engine would die, and lost concentration for the pacenotes, drifted wide around a turn and slooooowly slid off the cliff. CFH number two for the stage. I eventualy finished but not much inside the penalty time. :rolleyes: :redface:

Then after trying to push hard to make up time, I managed a very simple rollover at Falstone, which took a while to recover from.

After all that, I decided I'd better be more careful and took it pretty slowly on SS8 to make sure I finished.

Well done to Keegs for winning the OC Session, nice and steady did the trick. Only 4 of us in the session though, which was a bit sad. :frown: Good to chat with Keegs over TS though, thanks mate.

Ok, I'm done:cool:.

First of all thanks to Race Department and staff for providing.

About my rally... The best of all was to don't had any DNF, which is hard in these conditions with this cars.
1st stage - Was ok but very cautious;
2nd stage - one small went off in one of the first turns, so much time losed, but better then if I used cfh;
3rd stage - the big one, was ok perhaps to cautious. It's a good stage but easy to do a mistake
4th stage - was ok, nothing special to report
5th stage - It was the one which I had a better feeling (probably a big disapointment when check Sebastian Levret time, hope less then 45s) :D
6th stage - stupid marshalls ina dangerous place :)
7th stage - very hard conditions to drive, but no big issues
8th stage - very bad pace, can´t feel the DS3 and I must work on setups of RBR, because always use the default ones.

Anyway was fun as always to drive, see you next time.

Cheers,

Hugo Barbosa

Hey Guys,

Finally, had a conservative but consistent run in the Fiesta, I really enjoy the amount of grip and the way the 4wd system works in this car, seems to come back from a long way gone. I just took it easy, didnt put in any groundbreaking stage times, but the key was to just keep it on the road, and finish. I was thinking about it on Monday and with realistic damage, the priority is to finish with no CFH and no retirements - only one of these on one stage can lose the whole rally for you (I should know!!)

Thankfully the car, the computer and the driver all played nice with each other and actually had a good result. Good to chat to you too Warren, bit of a shame that there wasnt much else company, but sometimes it's about quality, not quantity... *snickers*

Well... bout time I had a good result... speaking of results - where are they! I finished well, so i'm actually keen to check them out for a change :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back