Rally - WRC Team Challenge 2 - Mon 24th & Tues 25th October 2011

Sigh, killed it 1km before the end of Noiker. Wasn't even a big crash. Bloody realistic damage :D :good:

Ouch, a huge roll on Diamond Creek, also killed it. This is actually much more fun than the usual destruction derby. I'm not too bothered about retiring, because I made a huge mistake, and I deserved to retire :D

Cool sessions. Was going slowly because of the realistic damage. But even going like that I retired on 3 stages and went off-road & crashed on some others.
It was the first time that I was running with a gamepad, so I wasn't used to it.

Overall, it was really nice!

Hahaha, I always crash to those bridges, no matter how easy I take them. So retired one stage but others I managed to finish. Fun rally even though I didn´t get the feeling that I am mastering the car in any stages, I felt like the car was controlling me most of the time :DD Thanks everyone :)

Only stage where I felt good was the Falstone. Really felt good on the wet surface. And lost to Sebastien less than a second in that stage. In other stages I spun, crashed.. did everything possible to screw up my time. Pretty bad rally, with plenty of mistakes. The car felt good but I sucked at it. So meh, looking forward to next rally. This one ended bad for me anyways.

But hey, thanks for the organizing this :)

Had great fun competing tonight, so firstly thanks to the organisers. This was my first event with RD and I was very pleased to see how smoothly it ran. I've only had RBR a week now, so I'm very much still learning but am relatively satisfied with my results tonight. Had actually never played with Realistic damage on before. 2 DNF's in total is not too bad at this point.

First 2 stages went really well for me, no moments but quite cautious. The 3rd stage, the long one Noiker was not so bad considering I've maybe done it once before all the way through. My aim was to just get through it. Big off in Diamond Creek II, with many rolls. Surprised the car even started again, but followed by a high speed encounter with some hidden rocks just off the track, DNF. Came into stage 5 with determination to make up for the 5 minute penalty. Actually came away with what I feel was a strong time for me. Another DNF on stage 6 shortly after first split. Not a hard hit, but slid into a tree on the right hand side of the car. Wouldn't start again. Stage 7 hit a tree. (Damn trees!) Gearbox gone? I still have 1st gear, hell with the 5 minute penalty, drove a long way in 1st gear to finish. Stage 8, was not so bad just wanted to make sure I finished which I did.

Found this car more difficult to drive with the extra power compared to the Junior cars I've been using to learn the game. I'll take alot of experience away from this. Look forward to the the next event. Seems like a great crowd here. :)

Some things happened at work today, so my concentration was not the best this evening. But I had to try anyway :)

Finished SS1 without any problems (!!!), but the rolled with a CFH on SS2, crashed and retired on SS5 and SS6. Had two no-brain-attacks on the final two stages, I have no idea how it went.

The cars are nice to drive when you "get" them, they feel a bit like the S2000's, but with more power - and therefore no need to attack the corners in the same way. It took me some time to find out of this, but then it started to get really fun.
Thanks for another nice rally, see you all in the RDRC next week :)

Had great fun competing tonight, so firstly thanks to the organisers. This was my first event with RD and I was very pleased to see how smoothly it ran. I've only had RBR a week now, so I'm very much still learning but am relatively satisfied with my results tonight. Had actually never played with Realistic damage on before. 2 DNF's in total is not too bad at this point.

Well, that's depressing. I've had it for a year and a half, and I was so far behind...
Nice results :good:

Look forward to the the next event. Seems like a great crowd here. :)

Glad you had fun.
If you ever get the chance, join the OC session, and the guys there on TeamSpeak.

SS1 - Couple of spins...bad omen
SS2 - Took it easy to get my rhythm back, clean but slow
SS3 - Ran what I thought was my fastest stage ever, did not put a single wheel wrong, caught every ditch and rut perfectly. Exited out to find I'd finished last in my group 30 seconds off the pace.
SS4 - Took it slow, wrecked 10 meters before the finish line, limped over.
SS5 - Drove out of anger. Worked alright. Finished close to the lead. Finally have this rally under control. Or do I?

SS6 - All hell breaks loose. After the hairpin about 40 meters into the stage, my vision in the so called "light fog" drops to nothing. The screen is blank. I lunge for Shift+F12 to kill the HDR mod but by the time my vision returns I'm already on my roof. CFH. My windshield is smashed by this point. I get past the big jump, to the next hairpin, slide off, get stuck perfectly between two trees. CFH #2. Keep going, suddenly a sharp stabbing pain in my right foot. A screw has come loose on my pedals and stabbed me. My right foot throbbing with pain, I go to gas with the left. About 300 meters of this and I spin off, stalling because I no longer have a clutch foot. Get going again only to slide off and roll in the series of medium lefts at the bottom of a hill. CFH #3. Get going again just trying to limp to the finish in 2nd gear. Brush up against a bush. And the engine's dead. DNF

SS7 - Car does nothing I tell it to but I limp to the finish. Also in this stage my sound went out. Engine just turned to static.
SS8 - Finally a stage going well. And then right before the K right with the boulders on the outside, my hood flies open. I wreck but not terminally. At the next K left, hood flies open again. I wreck, this time I'm finally put out of my misery.

Also, something I noticed while practicing: At one point I loaded a setup, and my suspension geometry was showing numbers that were way off. As in my camber had gone from about -2 degrees to +6. I backed out checked again and it was fine. I don't know if the actual values had changed but for what it's worth Falstone went absolutely wrong for me from the get go. Like it was missing a wheel it was so bad.

Have to say i didn't enjoyed this car at all, it remainded me of S2000 too much. Did only 1 mistake in the whole rally but with deadly consequences, hitting a rock on the outside of the last corner on Diamond Creek and my car cought fire with the finish line in sight....:mad::eek:
On last two stages i've had very bad shuttering for some reason, never had it on my old pc......:confused::confused:
Thx to the admins and RD and gl to those still to run.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back