Rally - Winter Wonderland - Mon 5th & Tues 6th July 2010

Warren Dawes

Premium
RD Rally – Winter Wonderland

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2010 UPDATE 04 IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

All snow Stages across Finland – S2000 AWD cars – Peugeot 207; Fiat Grande Punto; VW Polo; Ford Fiesta; Skoda Fabia; Lada 112VK

Winter-Wonderland.jpg

Sessions: RD Win Wonderland EU / RD Win Wonderland US / RD Win Wonderland OC

NOTE: We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.

Car Pack: N4_S2000_1 (Except Ford Fiesta 2010) ( Must select Car choice on sign-up) **

Damage: Reduced

Stage 01: Finland - Kaihuavaara (Normal, Light Fog, Day)
Stage 02: Finland - Mustaselka (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 03: Finland - Sikakarma (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 04: Finland - Autiovaara (Normal, Good, Night)
Stage 05: Finland – Autiovaara II (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 06: Finland - Sikakarma II (Normal, Light Fog, Day)
Stage 07: Finland - Mustaselka II (Normal, Light Fog, Day)
Stage 08: Finland - Kaihuavaara II (Normal, Good, Day)

Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Tuesday ( 10:00pm EDST (USA) Monday )*
Oceania Start: 10:30 GMT Tuesday *
NOTE: The Europe Rally will start 19.00 GMT to allow for daylight savings times. The Oceania Rally will start 8.30PM AEST.

** PLEASE NOTE:
1. To help ensure a more mixed car selection, please select a car from the available list in the Sign-Up post (below). Initially only three of each car will be available, so first in best dressed. All cars are closely matched in performance.
The Ford Fiesta 2010 has been excluded due to it being uncompetitive to the others.

2. You must choose a different car to the one you used in the last Rally, The Ashes.

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2010 (updates 03 and 04) mod in order to participate, please see the
    installation
    and usage threads.
  • You will also require the Car Pack for N4_S2000_1 .
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
  • Choose a car from N4_S2000_1 Pack from the available list on sign-up.
IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2010 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines to help you get up and running: Here and Here

Drivers: Please select your car choice from the list available.

NOTE: You must pick a different car to the one you used in the last Rally, The Ashes.

1. Peugeot 207 S2000 - Robb Kulcsar (r27kul) - Europe
2. Peugeot 207 S2000 - Krister Larsson (Krister Larsson) - Europe
3. Peugeot 207 S2000 - Sebastien Levret (Mayland) - Europe
4. Fiat Grande Punto S2000 - Craig Johnston (craig Johnston) - Europe
5. Fiat Grande Punto S2000 - John Low (elmomarty) - Oceania
6. Fiat Grande Punto S2000 - Adam Vaughan (A.Vaughan) - Europe
7. VW Polo S2000 - Senad Subasic (mfodor) - Europe
8. VW Polo S2000 - Eckhart von Glan(Eckhart v Glan) - Europe
9. VW Polo S2000 - Chris Butcher (SpeedDemon168) - Europe
10. Ford Fiesta S2000 - Rick Bamford (lucifer) - Oceania
11. Ford Fiesta S2000 - Jakub Sulej (RIVIVIED) - Europe
12. Ford Fiesta S2000 - Toby Davis (Toby Davis) - Europe
13. Skoda Fabia S2000 Evo1 - Tomas Reinicke (ctbr) - Europe
14. Skoda Fabia S2000 Evo1 - Damien Jones (DJones) - Oceania
15. Skoda Fabia S2000 Evo1 - Łukasz Demolin (Maggot666PL) - Europe
16. Lada 112 VK S2000 - Mark Birney (Harpo245) - Europe
17. Lada 112 VK S2000 Warren Dawes (WAD53) - Oceania
18. Lada 112 VK S2000 Murat Erdogdu (resonance) - Europe

19. Peugeot 207 S2000 - Mark Warmington (Mark Warmington) - Europe
20. Fiat Grande Punto S2000 - Driver
21. VW Polo S2000 - Driver
22. Ford Fiesta S2000 - Eddie Mann (EddieX) - Oceania
23. Skoda Fabia S2000 Evo1 - Ondřej Kapal (OKapal) - Europe
24. Lada 112 VK S2000 - Driver

Mark Warmington

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

We are heading off to the wonderful winter snow of Finland with the S2000 class cars. These cars were popular in our last Rally, so let’s see how they handle the snowy roads of northern Europe.
Our Stages will be all snow this time, using all of the stages of Finland. The weather conditions are rather mild, but bring your winter woollies.
For an added challenge, we have one night stage.

In addition, you must select your car from the available list in the sign-up, so early sign-ups get a bigger choice of cars. Don't worry, all cars are closely matched in performance, but may have slightly different handling characteristics. The Stages are varied to help even out any handling variations too.
However, you must select a different car to the one you used last Rally (The Ashes).

PLEASE NOTE: We have eliminated the Ford Fiesta 2010; We found that the 2010 car is uncompetitive with the others (slower), this being opposite to the real life Ford Fiesta 2010 car too.

Good luck all, and hope we see a good roll up. :rally:

Credit for the great Event banner goes to Damien, note the subtle musical touch. Any pre Rally practice must include singing the song as well as any driving.

A little video to help you see the car choices.

nice choice, we're supposed to have 36 degrees Celsius that day in Germany, looking at the screen will be soooo cool (also, having been clobbered by Argentina two days before I will need cheering up especially from Australians and English blokes :) )

Eckhart von Glan
(Eckhart v Glan)
VW Polo

Here are a few little tips for driving RBR in Snow which may help our newer drivers. Please note however, I am certainly no expert in this, so use this advice at your own risk. :wink:

Snow driving is a fairly low grip experience, I guess that is obvious, but these cars can be surprisingly fast in the snow with the special snow tyres. I have found that going slower usually results in my quickest times. Driving too aggressively and throwing it around too much doesn't work for me in snow. I try to drive in slow motion, doing everything more smoothly and aiming to keep in a nice rhythm. Just try to "flow" it round the track. Overdriving in snow, seems to ruin my flow.
Try to keep off the snow banks, even though they often don't seem to cause problems, they do seem to slow you down much more than you realise. Controlling the turns is best done by turning in early, setting up a slight amount of drift to get the nose pointing into the next turn, then gently controlling the throttle. Modulating the power through the turns is critical, but be careful not to overdo it.
Lastly, I try to minimise wheelspin, mainly by smoother acceleration, but sometimes I even change up gears earlier, or even use a higher gear ratio. Again, smooth flow seems to work better than heavy acceleration and heavy braking.
One tip I have found for car set up in snow, softer suspension stiffness helps.

One last, but very critical one, if you are using Auto tyre selection in RSRBR2010, CHECK the tyres before launching the game. I have occasionally been given the wrong tyre, and if you drive with anything except snow tyres, you are dead. The car will go nowhere and is totally uncontrollable. So be warned. :rolleyes:

Maybe Rick will provide more set up advice. :wink:

I hope this helps someone. :ups:

EDIT: Here is a replay I did for SS01 (Ford Fiesta) which may help explain what I mean.,

http://rapidshare.com/files/404188882/WAD_Ford_Fin_SS01.rar.html

One last, but very critical one, if you are using Auto tyre selection in RSRBR2010., CHECK the tyres before launbching the game. I have occasionally been given the wrong tyre, and if you drive with anything except snow tyres, you are dead. The car will go nowhere and is totally uncontrollable. So be warned. :wink:

That explains my last snow stage, FWD cars a couple of weeks back.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 505 39.0%