Rally - Watersports - Monday 11th & Tuesday 12th March 2013

Roy Magnes

Gentleman Driver
Premium
"Watersports"
Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th March 2013
PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2013 Update version 2 is required for this event!
Waterpolo with the VW Polo S1600
2r5z2hk.jpg
Sessions: RD Watersports EUX / RD Watersports EU/ RD Watersports US / RD Watersports OC

NOTE:We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.PLEASE NOTE:If you request an additional Session to be created, you must sign up and make the requestat least 12 hours before the requested start time. Late requests will not be accepted.
Any sessions with no drivers 12 hours before session start. Will not be created!

Car Pack:A6K_2

Damage:Realistic

SS01 - USA - Hualapai Nation - Gravel - Dusk
SS02 - USA - Hualapai Nation 2 - Gravel - Day
SS03 - France - Foron - Tarmac - Day
SS04 - World Stages - Sieversdorf - Tarmac - Day
SS05 - Czeck Republic - Liptakov 2 - Tarmac - Day
SS06 - Japan - Tanner 2 - Gravel - Day
SS07 - England - Sweet Lamb - Gravel - Day
SS08 - World Stages - Versme - Gravel - Day

EUX Start:17:00 GMT Monday *
Europe Start:20:00 GMT Monday *
US Start:02:00 GMT Tuesday (10PM Eastern (USA), 8PM Mountain Time, Monday) *
Oceania Start:09:30 GMT Tuesday (8:30 PM EDST) *

Additional timezone Rallys may be created on request.
If the USA Session drivers prefer a different Start time, please let us know, we can be flexible to suit.*EUX, EU, USX, US, and OC events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. If no one signs up for a listed Session, it will not be created on the Server.
All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run as many sessions you like. However, only the first you did reach split 1 on one of the stages will count!
NOTES:

· Click here to read the password!
· You will require the RSRBR 2013 Mod and Update 02 in order to participate!
· You will also require the A6K_2 car pack.
· Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
· You will need to follow this link and install the patch for update 02.
· All stages will be wet and new.
· You must use the Volkswagen Polo S1600.

IMPORTANT:

· Please sign up in the following format:RD Name - RSRBR2013 Name - Session.
· Take a screenshot of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
· You must stick with VW Polo S1600 throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
· If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running:Here

Drivers:

Please Note: You have to use the VW Polo S1600!

1. Michael Nelson - JonesyMJ - OC
2. Tapio Rinneaho - TTupsi - EUX
3. Arwyn Jones - azz259 - EU
4. Corey Twyman - theFlash - US
5. Sion Williams - RS Williams - EU
6. Andrew koojo - andyone - EUX
7. Driver
8. Driver
9. Driver
10. Driver
11. Driver
12. Driver
13. Driver
14. Driver
15. Driver
16. Driver
17. Driver
18. Driver

After a difficult week with the RDRC opener on the slippery roads of Monaco we now take a week off to play in the pool. All roads will be wet with new conditions, and we will use the powerful VW Polo S1600. Looking at the weather, it looks like it will be raining all through the rally, so get those wipers cleaned and ready!

General RBR Club Rally Rules:
1. You need to be a licensed member to take part in this event. Gaining a license is a very easy thing to do. Just click here and you will get a license for in a day or two!

2. As always, Club Events are for casual fun racing. It's always great fun to be fastest, and win. But this is not the main thing to achieve in Club Events. The club events are for developing your skills and test new cars and stages.

3. The usual RaceDepartment rule do apply. You need to keep two wheels on the road. Even though this is a rally game. We will not check this on replays, but for yourself, and all the other drivers please follow this rule.
4. RaceDepartments Terms of Service do apply. If you haven't read it, or don't remember the 19 points of the ToS. Please read it again.

5. If you feel the need to contact anyone about something that's happened on the forum or on the stages for some reason, you can always report the post. Or you can send a Private Message to either Ole Marius Myrvold or Roy Magnes (by clicking on the link in the names).
6. The RBR Club Staff reserve the right to ban any person from driving in the Rally Club. The time of the ban will differ from each situation. You can still be banned from the RBR Club, even though you do not lose your RD License, but you cannot drive if you don't have a license.

7. As this is not a circuit, there is no possible way for one driver to affect another during the events. By such, there should not be any reason for drivers to be angry with one eachother after a rally. A good rule is to read through your post before posting it. If it comes across as angry, or full of sarcasm. It might be good idea to wait some more minutes to post. Remember the general RD rule: " Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff."
DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES:

1. This car is a quite powerful front wheel driven one, so expect some wheelspin and understeer. The brakes are good and the weight on the car is low, so the car can be driven on relatively high speeds through the corners. This also means that the car is fairly easy to drive :)

2. RBR Pacenotes are designed for default cars, Normal conditions and Good weather. Please remember to adjust your speeds to suit these cars.

3. Tyre selections are the drivers responsibility. If you use the automatic tyre selection option in RSRBR2013, please beware that sometimes it may give you the wrong tyre for the conditions. Always double check your tyres, it is critical, especially for Snow Stages.

4. Please ensure to install the all the packs needed. This means the A6K_2!
5.There is a NEW password for both the servers(sessions) and teamspeak. Please check it out here!
6. Please report any problems caused by the stages, or the inability to make sessions, posts and times right from the Rally Club Staff!

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

And with this post! The sign up is open! We wish everyone the best of luck! And hope that noone gets in any trouble!

5LhLkAK.jpg

TZ2gUY7.png

Congrats Arwyn, Magnus and Michael

Stage wins:
Arwyn Jones 5 stage wins.
Magnus Lindgren 1 stage win.
Sion Williams 1 stage win.
Tapio Rinneaho 1 stage win.

Thanks to Fernando Agapito for the podium presentation

IMPORTANT!
I am new to this, but from what I understand we have changed to DST in the US this weekend. This means that the US-sessions will be moved one hour, and now start one hour earlier than they have done over the winter period. The times have been updated in the first post, and will be like this:

USX Start: 00:00 GMT Tuesday (8PM Eastern Time, Monday) *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Tuesday (10PM Eastern (USA), 8PM Mountain Time, Monday) *

The local starting times in the US should not be affected. If this should be wrong (and I would not be suprised if it would be, being me who has calculated this) - please help me with the correct times :)

Corey Twyman - if this crash your plans let me know, and I will create that session at 03:00 GMT that you originally signed up for :)

IMPORTANT!
I am new to this, but from what I understand we have changed to DST in the US this weekend. This means that the US-sessions will be moved one hour, and now start one hour earlier than they have done over the winter period. The times have been updated in the first post, and will be like this:

USX Start: 00:00 GMT Tuesday (8PM Eastern Time, Monday) *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Tuesday (10PM Eastern (USA), 8PM Mountain Time, Monday) *

The local starting times in the US should not be affected. If this should be wrong (and I would not be suprised if it would be, being me who has calculated this) - please help me with the correct times :)

Corey Twyman - if this crash your plans let me know, and I will create that session at 03:00 GMT that you originally signed up for :)

After having an hour taken from me this morning this is good news. I signed on to ask about DST. Roy this is perfect for the US sessions. I'm in the Eastern US so starting later would ruin me for the next day. The 10PM local time is what I prefer. :) I just have to remember the next time I sign up for a EU session to subtract 4 and not 5 hours. ;)

ss1 - very tricky stage , great battle with Magnus
ss2 - went a lot better , slippery though
ss3 - nothing to report on that one except that i dont like Foron!
ss4 - I think thats my first time on that stage , good laugh and plenty dodgy bends to catch you out
ss5 - i hit the first chicane so i was stuck in 1st gear for 4.6km haha. that leaves me 20 seconds behind Magnus
ss6 - stage went well - now 14.47 seconds behind with 2 stages to go
ss7 - Fair play Sion Williams you can tell were both on home turf....flying . after sweet lamb im 12 .54 seconds up from Magnus so just need to stay cool on the final stage
ss8 - i like that stage even in a fwd car , drifting everywhere!!

Good battle between us 3 on different stages
thanks for putting on a enjoyable rally ;)

Thought I'd do pretty well in the, FWD and all, but noo lol.

SS1-4 went very poorly, 2 DNF's and a lot of CFH's!

SS5 - Good, back into a rhythm on a stage I like, good time on that.

SS6 - Slippy but went ok TBH.

SS7 - As Arwyn Jones said, both of us on home turf, and both of us have competed at Sweet lamb! I think I lost the 1.2s to him on one of the hair pins and not quite enough commitment on the fast first section.

SS8 - Went OK bit to slippy for me and that stage is a lot beter in RWD!

Quick pic (although had some good driving there wasn't any good pics I'm afraid :rolleyes:)

RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-03-1122-27-51-62_zps64fae221.jpg

Thanks to all involved and fellow competitors, even if there wasn't that many of us

Sion

I want to do a run myself, but I have no time to do so before wednesday afternoon, so for the first time since Ole and I took over noone of us will run one of our own rallys. Mark the day! :p

No practice for this event, been swamped with assignments and practice for the RDRC event.

SS1 went OK, went with long gears, never hit the limiter in 6th though. Difficult to find when to shift for me, I'm not so good with NA cars. 4th gear seems really, really short.
SS2 went poorly. Felt like I got a better handle on the car, but I kept overestimating my grip, caused 2 CFHs, once reversing into a spectator after a spin (whoops), and another after rolling off the stage. Lucky no retirements though. I had an epiphany in the last sector and felt really quite comfortable, so that's good. Nothing to do now but make it to the finish.
SS3 not happy with my driving here, lapse in concentration caused errors, one of which a CFH.
SS4 - fun stage, but I felt the notes were a bit too late, a few errors all at the square turns, suddenly finding the corner upon me at the same time as the note is read. Lost a bit of time in one corner where I went into the shrubbery and struggled to get out. Fun nonetheless.
SS5 was really looking forward to pushing on this one, I like the Czech ones. Lost control of the car under braking for the first chicane though, impaled myself on it and had to CFH.
SS6 made some set up changes and felt pretty good on this stage.
SS7 screwed up penultimate corner and hit spectators.
SS8 went OK, not too much grip, but OK.

So from a results POV, not too good, but as a learning experience I took away a few things.

I'm not too sure if my times went through properly for the last 2 stages. Last stage I saw my results for were SS6 - I've been having connections problems past few days.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back