WIP Rally Wales (cg-version)

Good job Sneer !

Rain should be lowered to .01 to avoid too much FPS drop.
The water flakes are amazing & the track long enough to have some fun.
TOD is OK & track cameras too. Some are behind trees, so don't forget to place them with no obstructions in front of them while they film.

Now, with latest version, lidar tracks can be created, so instead of a surface noise applied, you get the real highly detailed mesh under your wheels. Apparently, you convert your ASE road mesh into an RLD file in the console which is then processed by Racer executable.

==================
- G15 / G25 -
- Triple Screens 2 MP -

Yes, but it's a 20secs loop for rain-variation,only :
Code:
  ; Animate rain (X=time in seconds, Y=intensity)
  rain_curve=rain.crv
I can only guess: its additional or replaces the :
Code:
  ; Amount of rain (0..1)
  rain=0.7

An good example is SkyX. The videos at the bottom of the page are impressive.
edit: It uses simple noise-maps + normalmaps for volumetric clouds.

I'm unsure but the crv file for the rain looping might just be set to 20s arbitrarily. Can it be extended to cover the 24hr cycle at all?

Yes ideally we'd have a rain variable to pass to shaders too in some shape or form so we could alter materials appropriately.
Ie, mainly asphalt could get a reflective layer using the water reflect shader (still NYI or not working properly)...

Probably put a variable in the shader to give it a buildup/drying time or some such... like a scale variable?! That way mud can stay wetter longer than high quality drained race tracks :)

The SkyX looks ok but it's still a bit obvious it's just a 2d texture on the ceiling. What is really needed is volumetrics that hang around, blow around, etc etc...

Obviously anything like this is a bit overkill for Racer right now since it's quite slow in FPS for the visual quality we get... so adding in fancy skies just seems a bit too far.

I'd prefer to have HDR float32 sky images and just have them static for now but have them look excellent and super realistic.

Dave

Good job Sneer !

Now, with latest version, lidar tracks can be created, so instead of a surface noise applied, you get the real highly detailed mesh under your wheels. Apparently, you convert your ASE road mesh into an RLD file in the console which is then processed by Racer executable.

==================
- G15 / G25 -
- Triple Screens 2 MP -

Alas, we are not worthy of the Lidar functions, it is only available in the pro version of Racer.

Alex Forbin

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 393 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 263 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 253 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 185 7.7%
  • < 5 years