Rally - Viesturs Birthday Rally - Monday 23 rd & Tuesday 24th July 2012

Well rally to forget for me... Didn´t practice with the car but 4 DNF is to much... Started very bad and with the angry the first 3 stages go to DNF the other in the stage Savo...
Didn´t liked the car, in all stages i don´tfelt very confortable driving it...

Neither mate, very slow and like Senad said, very floaty.
Had a great run though, apart from two rolls in Autiovaara and a spin in East-West.
Savo and Foron were my highlights though, Proud of those runs ^^
Well done everyone, was great fun.

Trying again, as I didn't record a split time in my session :p

Driving it like a GTL Ford Falcon now :D. Early braking, gradual throttle, modulating a lot, not letting it float around too much.
And It's not hitting the trees (or I'm not :D)! And it's quite good fun, almost looks like I'm rallying o_O. Probably very very slow, but fun :)

Basically, I think I expected much better grip and responsiveness than it really had in my first run. Or I just couldn't drive it properly.

i got late. and decided i should just join. without even trying the car. and it was just a nightmare and that not being enought. without knowing my laptop stopped charging. the cable accidentally unplugged. so the laptop went off right in the middle of the the btb stage..

I struggled with this car. Even when I was going good I just couldn't get comfortable. The rear was a bit too bouncy. Guess I should have practiced and found a better setup but oh well.

SS01 went ok just 1 little off
SS02 I rolled it
SS03 more rolls but no cfh's
SS04 even more rolls and 2 cfh's and then I killed it
SS05 did not load for me
SS06 was going pretty good but was mad at the car and angry because I never got to run the previous stage so I bailed. I needed to sleep.

Still it was nice to have Tom and Tony in the session.

Thanks to all.

Overall Rally Results

Nlncf.jpg

2XHm3.png

Congrats Fernando, Gundars, Jack

Stage wins:
Fernando Agapito: 7 stage wins
Viesturs Priede: 1 stage win :D

Thanks to everyone who joined, thanks to Warren for setting it up, and thanks to Fernando for the podium presentation.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Congratulations Fernando, totally dominant as usual.
Well done Gundars and Jack. First time we have had a Kiwi on the Podium Jack, great to see.

Fernando left one stage win for Viesturs, probably as a Birthday gift Viesturs. :p

Good results there for Tom, Andreas, and Senad too. :thumbsup:

Big welcome to Robbie, Carlos, and Keegan having their debut Rally with us, hope you had fun.

Huge thanks to Andris for designing this one, Senad for his snappy results work, and Fernando for the Podium graphic.

Hopefuly I'll see you all, (and can join) next week. :)

please excuse me for a wee moment.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First Kiwi Podium! I am stoked ^^
Probably be the first and last time though :p

Wow, great rallye!
Nice win, Fernando! Grats to the podium.
With all the problems I had, I can't believe I come home in 5th! EU session was veeeeeeeery strong! 1st, 2nd, 4th - 6th I think?

I'm still driving too fast. Took it much easier in practice and didn't go off the road so often. I'm lucky I brought it home...

Nice stage win, Viesturs^^

The penalty times are weird sometimes. 16:00 on stage 7 is a lot!
Do I have a possibility to see the penalty times before running? Is this somewhere on the RallyeSim website?

The penalty times are weird sometimes. 16:00 on stage 7 is a lot!
Do I have a possibility to see the penalty times before running? Is this somewhere on the RallyeSim website?

Yep, that does look wrong, too long a time penalty for a stage of that length.
The way I try to find out is by making an on-line rally as a test, then joining and quitting it. Pretty messy way.

Hopefully someone else knows an easier way.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 225 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%