Rally - Twinkle Little Starlet - Monday 13th & Tuesday 14th August 2012

That could not have went any better for me. Fastest on every stage and 2 personal bests through the Pirka Menoko runs. I just got into a really nice flow from stage 1 and made no mistakes for a change. I imagine I'll get beaten but I can't complain. It sets me up nicely for next wekks championship round.

I definitely think I will go RWD in next years RDRC if I can, I just seem to drive that style of car better than the others, not to mention how fun they are. On a side note it looks pretty bizarre to see RD Twinkle Starlet as the title of the rally on the Rallyesim menu. I imagine some people would be a bit confused when they see that.

Good luck to the guys still to compete, hopefully I can bag a good result!

missed the start, completed the last stage, more of a test, but the game put me in a ae86 so was wrong car. will double check next time

That went better than expected in one way but not very good on times TBH. No DNF's which is good, only done that in 2 rally's now and both in the Starlet! Lol

But had a lot of CFH's by getting stuck or some high speed spins which cost me so not over the moon TBH, ah well was good to get back out!

Good luck to the remaining and thanks to all again :)

Sion

Well my rally starts very bad... I´ve chosen he wrong car and i have to retire in the first stage... It is possible to make tomorrow only the first one?
I´m doing the rest of the stages now...

Guys about the post before forget it... I´ve quited from the rally... I´ve tried, believe me i really tried but driving this car in dirt with a gamepad is terrifying and almost a torture...
So i have to quit. I don´t know if there´s a gamepad setup to drive the RWD car or something like that...
Sorry people, really sorry...

Guys about the post before forget it... I´ve quited from the rally... I´ve tried, believe me i really tried but driving this car in dirt with a gamepad is terrifying and almost a torture...
So i have to quit. I don´t know if there´s a gamepad setup to drive the RWD car or something like that...
Sorry people, really sorry...
Don't worry. I'm having difficulty with the wheel!

Thanks for a fun rally. This car has not much power but it's stil very nervous so you have to concentrate all the time. Today as usual, Fernando was very quick and i could not keep up with his speed. I had some spins but just lost time on them.
Great drive Fernando.

My rally still went very well without much recce :). I just came from a WRC and IRC event in Norway so I've decided to slow down on the first 3 stages to get acquainted again with the RWD physics, but despite of that I'm just 4 seconds over all behind Magnar so by SS4 I finally got comfortable with the car and started to floor the throttle, from there I won the rest of the stages (EU Session).

Good Luck to the guys still to run :)

Jeff Feaker - bigbobross - USX

Just raced after not playing in ages... I made it though all the stages but have a lot of CFHs Had a blast! sorry for signing up after I raced saw it was up so I though might as well...

I tried to like the Starlet, I really did. But I couldn't. I haven't driven a RWD rally car in real life and I know I'm not Ari Vatanen, but the old force feedback isn't doing the car justice. I wasn't given any waring as to when the car is oversteering. But I decided to run the rally for fun and not go for times. So because I didn't push, logically everything went wrong.

SS1: I'm waiting for the session to start, but I want to check on the H-Box setting. So I go to the RBR folder, open RBR.exe and the game launches the first stage in a different car so I didn't run it.
SS2: This stage went well, fun here.
SS3: Oversteered into a tree break suspension, so I ragtired (yeah that's a bad one).
SS4: Some more spins.
SS5: I hit a tree and just couldn't take it so I retired.

Don't mean to seem like I'm gripping, but I can't get the grips of these RWD cars. Good luck to everyone else. Have fun for me;) !

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.2%