Rally Trophy LAN-game problems

I have been struggling with Rally Trophy LAN-game hours and hours with no luck. I have four WinXP SP4 Thinkpads and original game CD.

At first I got only a crash when tried to make a LAN-game. Then I found away to get it work: if I disable network adapter from network connections and then enable it and quickly make a LAN-game while it's still enabling and getting ip-address, it works and don't crash. Timing has to be very exact. Worked few times and got in-game too.

But suddenly now I don't see a game at all. Local search don't find anything.

Tried different versions, different cracks, without windows firewall...

This really sucks.

Hi
I am new to racedepartment and i Just read your question. I had the same problems long long time ago and it took me years to find the solution. I had a little LAN at home and everytime we tried to play rally trophy at 3 players or more it was not possible. Same issues like you.
In fact the solution was to have different versions of the game installed on each pc.
I had XP SP2 i think or maybe XP SP3 but not XP SP4, i had configure manual ip adress for each pc, i am not sure but i think i desactivated firewall and antivirus.
So after i installed one french version on one pc, one german on another, 2 english versions on 2 another i finally made it works with 4 players LAN.
I even remind that i made it worked with 5 players in LAN so logically one version allow to make it work for 2 more players.
I hope it will work for you.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%