Rally Trophy LAN-game problems

I have been struggling with Rally Trophy LAN-game hours and hours with no luck. I have four WinXP SP4 Thinkpads and original game CD.

At first I got only a crash when tried to make a LAN-game. Then I found away to get it work: if I disable network adapter from network connections and then enable it and quickly make a LAN-game while it's still enabling and getting ip-address, it works and don't crash. Timing has to be very exact. Worked few times and got in-game too.

But suddenly now I don't see a game at all. Local search don't find anything.

Tried different versions, different cracks, without windows firewall...

This really sucks.

Hi
I am new to racedepartment and i Just read your question. I had the same problems long long time ago and it took me years to find the solution. I had a little LAN at home and everytime we tried to play rally trophy at 3 players or more it was not possible. Same issues like you.
In fact the solution was to have different versions of the game installed on each pc.
I had XP SP2 i think or maybe XP SP3 but not XP SP4, i had configure manual ip adress for each pc, i am not sure but i think i desactivated firewall and antivirus.
So after i installed one french version on one pc, one german on another, 2 english versions on 2 another i finally made it works with 4 players LAN.
I even remind that i made it worked with 5 players in LAN so logically one version allow to make it work for 2 more players.
I hope it will work for you.

Last edited:

RaceDepartment Store

Why just mount your new wheel on a desk! Get a full and stable gaming experience with Trak Racer’s FS3 Premium Wheel Stand. The FS3 has the most adjustable wheel mount on the market, along with an adjustable pedal plate and gear shifter mount. The upgraded FS3 wheel stand isn't just built to be...
Adapter M6 countersunk screws*2 M6 cup head screw*3 Hexagon wrench*2
Trak Racer Monitor Stands suit most monitors on the market with VESA mounting points and come with a 3 year warranty. Strong 2" tube construction solid floor mounting construction. Patented. Comes with Trak Racer rubber floor protectors. Adjustable height and monitor monitor angle adjustment...
FIA 8855-1999 approved seat from Sparco Buy now from /destination:https%3A%2F%2Fsim-lab.eu%2Fshop%2Fproduct%2Fslr034-sparco-pro-adv-qrt-fia-seat-1040%3Fcategory%3D52%26order%3Dlist_price%2Bdesc%23attr%3D']Sim-Lab.eu for EUR 599,00 Material: QRT Weight scale: 7.8 kilos Seat weight: 9.3 kilos...
The GT2 is our most accessible cockpit dedicated to facilitating direct drive wheel without flex. Buy now from /destination:https%3A%2F%2Fsim-lab.eu%2Fshop%2Fproduct%2Fslc002-gt2-sim-racing-cockpit-452%3Fcategory%3D47%23attr%3D683']Sim-Lab.eu for EUR 479,00 The original GT2 cockpit is back and...
  • Featured
RaceDepartment
Views
Reaction score
Questions
Introducing the official Direct Drive Wheel for Gran Turismo®. Combining PlayStation®5 console performance with FANATEC® Direct Drive technology for the smoothest and most dynamic force feedback sensations. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 849,95 FEATURES Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Base: The...