Rally - Top Gear Challenge: Bankheist In Russia

And Robert McCracken you can request a session also inside the 12hrs limit(or would it be outside? oh, anyway, that limit doesn't count for you, this time. Though, we would really prefer if you are able to drive on Tuesday GMT wise :) ), because of our screw-up! Roy and I will most likely be able to create sessions to around 02-03 GMT this night and from 1200 GMT on Tuesday.

Well its good to be back! What a fantastic little car that is, really makes me want to consider 2wd for next years RDRC.

It took me a stage to blow the cobwebs off and from then on I had a really good run battling with Timo and John. I feel I nailed Pribram and Bergheim, I don't think I could have gone much quicker on those. Really enjoyed the choice of stages, particularly Swiss Gravel. I don't think you ever get higher than 2nd and 3rd gear through there.

Good luck to the guys still to compete. Some say they're gonna kick my ass..................... probably.

Managed to finish without any DNF's! One thing I did notice about the car it does roll easy! Rolled it about 5 times, was annoyed when it happened on Bergheim as its my favourite stage and my times were pretty quick up till about 4/5ths the way through!

Thanks to all for putting it on, see you next week!

Sion

My fault entirely, Robert. It seems like I forgot to check the "confirm creation"-button on that session yesterday :redface:
Is there any other time that suits you to race on?

And Robert McCracken you can request a session also inside the 12hrs limit(or would it be outside? oh, anyway, that limit doesn't count for you, this time. Though, we would really prefer if you are able to drive on Tuesday GMT wise :) ), because of our screw-up! Roy and I will most likely be able to create sessions to around 02-03 GMT this night and from 1200 GMT on Tuesday.

Hey guys, not to worry :) Unfortunately I can't race any other evening, unless softball is cancelled tonight if it rains, then I'll join the Tues OC session.

I messed up the timing of the OC-session aswell, but I have created a new one that starts 5 minutes after the original scheduled time.

Man, my head doesn't seem to work at all these days... :poop:

In Finland, we evaded the police and managed to get into Sweden easily with no hassles.

Sweden was great, more attention though, lots of people out to watch the chase. Crossed the border with no major problems.

In Poland there were swarms of supporters lining the roads we went through, hopefully we can lose some attention in Czech Republic.

Czech Republic we missed a turnoff and lost a bit of time. managed to evade 2 checkpoints quickly which was good also.

In Germany, we managed to keep the police at bay, but lots of attention from fans. We managed to make it into Switzerland with no troubles.

Very on edge in Switzerland, so we take things quietly. Bit of a spin on an alp but no big deals as we head into France.

Very quiet in France. No sign of police. almost rolled on one of the hilltop hairpins, but we managed to save it. Racing through the channel tunnel now.

We made it to England! We managed to slip away quickly and make no mistakes on the way.

Only time will tell If the bank job was successful or not. Enjoy your winnings!

Thanks for the epic event, I haven't enjoyed an event so much in a very long time! Car was fantastic to drive too, lots of fun!
Thanks to everybody who helped organise it!!

I had a very enjoyable fight with Jack throughtout the session. I hit a photographer on the fast downhill on Bisanne, and got a CFH. Then I did go for a "win it or bin it" on the final stage. That went fine, and I finished ahead of Jack by small margin :)

Notes for next event:

- I need to remember to don't start all the stages with wrong tyres, specially in snow
- I have to go slower in general, because crashing you loose more time

It's funny because it remembers me to my very first races on circuit simracing, so frustrating and feel like a noob (which I am on this) :laugh:

Frustrating but still fun, see you on next, thanks to the organisers :)

Results won't be up tomorrow afternoon I fear. Last session is around the time I have to drive in a league race, which I didn't really find time for, but committed.
If someone wants to take over this one, I have a file with my procedure on Dropbox Roy Magnes

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%