Rally - Tom's Double Tribute - Monday 27th & Tuesday 28th August 2012

New Session, EUZ starting 9:00 GMT Monday, added. ;)
...and now I have to change session to EU instead, as my boss wanted me to shange shifts at work on monday... Sorry for that, will have a go on Monday evening instead :)

I am enjoying FWD more than the N4's in the 2012-mod, so there was really no chiose in my eyes ;)

I'd like to take this time to explain my car and stage choice.

Arguably Gareth's greatest achievement as a co-driver was winning the WRC Academy. Because of this, he is internationally known best for being in the Fiesta R2. Matt's car was tricky because the last car he ran was a Rally America open class car, a homologation exclusive to North America. As the name implies, the class has no strict rules, but I figured his "hawk-eye" Impreza was closer to production than to the World Rally Car.

The first four stages are based on Matt's career; SS1 is based on Sno*Drift (fun fact: the rally is run without studded tyres!). SS2 is based on the Olympus Rally stages. SS3 is based on the 100 Acre Woods rally. SS4 was picked because it's a USA stage (though the roads are of a similar nature to Oregon Trail's wheat field stage).

The others are based on Gareth's career. SS5 is Sweet Lamb, a stage used in Rally GB where Gareth and Craig won the WRC Academy. SS6 was picked because I wanted stages in nature to tarmac rallies in the British Isles. SS7 was picked for the same reason, but I realize it's more like tarmac stages of Central or Eastern Europe. SS8 was picked because I wanted to pick something unique.

Can i still drive this rally ? I´ve been in vacations and i´ve arrived today...

Sílvio Cró - scro1984
It is possible to create a session for day 28 tuesday for "11:00 rallyesim time" for me?
Thank you best regards

I had an awful start on the first stage, hitting the buttons so fast that I missed the option to change the setup on the car. Rolled early on ss1 and spun of the road towards the end, losing some 40 seconds on that stage alone. From then on it was just about getting through, and I had to take risks. Worked out quite well, I am really happy with my time on Noiker :)

A win for me in the EU-session tonight but not without competition. Dubravko and Sion were setting some really good times throughout the rally, and I was more often beaten by one or both than not. Well done :)

Thanks Roy!

Yes your time on Noiker was very good. Just 4 seconds slower than my practice time, and it's a very long stage. I lost it in one of the fast corners going downhill. I ended up in a tree because I couldn't brake on grass. I saved it from going straight into it but still couldn't avoid it, so I hit it on the side and engine was gone.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%