Rally - Tommi Makinen Tribute - Monday 4th & Tuesday 5th July 2011

Congrats to the podium places - as Warren said, quite a fragile little rocket !!

Thanks to the organizers and results team.

Looking forward to the next one - the experiences gained on this will no doubt be a help for future events.

Cheers,
Pete

Only if, only if :rolleyes:

A podium with that first stage is absolutely acceptable, and half the stages of the rally in my pocket aswell :) Good cards to have in hand when negotiating for the upcoming season :wink:

Again thanks for another fun event, nice variety of stages :) Appreciate your work with these events guys :)

Congratulations Dariusz, well done in what turned out to be a difficult rally. I knew we shouldn't have let you win your first Rally a few weeks ago, you have a taste for it now. :tongue:

Great driving by Jeremy and Roy too.

Sooooo close for Norman, nearly made the podium. You can have a few biscuits instead of the champagne, but maybe the podium is not far away now. :wink:

Nice to see Ben returning, hope to see you more often. :)

This Rally turned out to be very different to what I expected. The car was really nice to drive, but I had no idea the mechanicals were so flimsy and the car would fall to bits at the slightest bump. Maybe someone at Mitsubishi just threw Tommi's car back together after one of his horrendous crashes, and used duct tape to hold the Brakes and Gearbox together.

I guess this was one Rally where a test run on-line was a very wise move. It not only would have revealed how "delicate" the car was, but also that the auto tyre selection option would give us the wrong tyres for the first snow stage. Thankfully, Jeremy warned us via TS, so some of us were spared that embarrassment. I see Senad was caught by that one too. :frown:

Lots of RED INK this time, to match the red Lancer.

Thanks again to Senad for the Server & Results management. :thanks:

Off to finalise next weeks Club Rally, it is based on a suggestion from one of our Club members, and it will be quite different.
Get your tarmac tyres ready, and brush up on your Spanish. :hint hint Dariusz: :tongue:

Well - that was fun wasn't it!

Bit of a shame to see a smaller than usual group in the OC session - I didn't get to have my usual battles with Al Walker, but all the same, Jeremy and myself had a few close ones until about stage 6 where I decided that about 600m from the start of the stage that I had to deploy 'tree avoidance mode' this didn't work out too well and punched the car sideways into the tree - no brakes, no gears AND no oil... I did a good job of that one! Pretty happy with the consistent result - seem to be keeping a few of you honest out there :D

Look forward to the next one!

Sorry I didn't show up on this one. Bought myself a new car on Monday and was super stocked :S forgot everything about the computer.
Congrats to the winners!
Im sure I wouldn't have done it very well anyhow, didn't even manage to finish a practice run on the monte carlo mod with the evo 6.5

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back