Rally - The Ugly Duckling- Mon 6th & Tues 7th September 2010

Wow, great rally. Think there was only a couple of mistakes on my part :D. However was quite a bit of time down on the lead guys considering I though some of the stages I felt quick :p. Frazier wells was my best stage and i'm sending the replay to John on that as I encountered the bravest cameraman I've ever seen. bout 140 k's and I can't have been more than half a metre away from him lol.

Thanks Warren and Senad for this, been epic :p

I chose the "Rustbucket" and had a lot of fun with it, but it sure is different. It gets sideways very easily but when you try to power out of it, the wheels just spin like mad. Someone forgot to put brakes in these Yugo's too, I think. Despite all of this, it was also rather quick when you kept it pointing the right way.

Smaller OC Group tonight but still plenty of laughs. Thanks to Lee for joining us, I noticed you were going quite well on most stages too, very little red ink among our group tonight.

Thanks to Rick and Glenn for the TS, and also to Cam for his "alien" conversations before the Rally. :parrot::ghost::woot:

Overall Rally Results

20100906rdrallytheuglyd.png

Congrats Warren, Damien and Dariusz :good:

Stage wins
Damien Jones: 5 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star:
Warren Dawes: 1 stage win (stolen from me) :star:
Dariusz Swiderski: 1 stage win :star:
Senad Subašić: 1 stage win :star: :woot:

Bottom three all in Škodas :rally:. But I think that's all our fault :D

Thank you Warren for organizing the rally, looking forward to the next one :parrot:

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Attachments

• 2010-09-06 RD Rally – “The Ugly Duckling”.png
    2010-09-06 RD Rally – “The Ugly Duckling”.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 209
Congrats Warren on the win :).

Wish my mic worked I would join in team speak :p. Had alot of trouble getting the Fabia to grip in the low gears it was awefull in the hairpins. Thanks once again for setting it up was really fun.

Close finish :) but still no win for me lol, didn't expected to finish 3rd anyway as it was just fun ride into the unknown, i need to make some time for practice but slowly some of the stages are becoming familiar to me :). Well done Warren and Damien and all who took part. I wonder what next week will bring us..... :) :)

Aaargh! If not for that rotten 'grass bank' I would have taken the win :wink:
Nice battle of the Yugos there Warren

Thanks Damien, but I feel a bit guilty for stealing your win, you really deserved it with a dominating performance in Stage wins. Again, I managed to benefit from others having one crash. Well driven overall Damien, and well done to Dariusz too, I can see a win coming for you very soon.

I think the Yugo may have been the quickest car in this field, but it was quite quirky to drive and not easy to keep under any sort of control. I had a few off's, including wiping out a tree in SS02, but the little rustbucket seemed pretty tough and survived some of my attempts to wreck it.

I have no idea yet what to throw up for next week, but hope I get some inspiration today. :rolleyes:

Thanks to all who joined this one, it was different but fun I think. :cool:

No suprises here. I had no idea what to run. Normally I probably would've run the Yugo, but seeing as it seemed to be a more popular car than (ever) before I figured I'd choose something else.
Picked the Skoda cos.... I think I hit my head as a young child and suffered some sort of serious long term injury... Lol.

Anyway. Was never in the hunt really. Even on the rally school stage where I was pulling some stupidly big skandy flicks, I couldn't match the "A" league drivers of Warren and Rick.

Should've picked the MG, at least it had more HP...

Pulled a massive crash on Frazier Wells, hopefully John puts it in the vid, cos it was stupid big. I got dizzy watching it from incar...

Because of the slowness of my uploads I am going to do this video in 3 or 4 shorter bits.

Part 1 is something I like to call Hairpin Heaven.

Cheers

And now we goto finland

and I am afraid that's going to be it. I have spent way too many hours trying to get the crashes and France done and am paying the price.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%