Rally - The Midnight Special - Monday 26th & Tuesday 27th September 2011

[me harassing the RaceD people yet again with silly questions alert!]

is it still half an hour until our OC session? I ALWAYS get screwed up with daylight savings >_>
also, how would I go about setting TS up?

OC session is still an hour and 15 away. It's 09:17 GMT atm.

As for TS, install TS3 and click the Racedepartment.com link on the TSViewer pane on the front page and it'll do most of the work for you.

cheers once again Norman :tongue: hehe
yeah it always plays up with us here, usually I can race at 10.30 my time, but now we are on +13 so its 10.25GMT here right now
as for TS3, I've got it installed and stuff, just need to set up :)

Bah.

SS1 - fastest first split, same time as Roy. Second fastest at the second split. And then hit a tree and lost the gearbox.
SS2 - similar story. Second fastest at the first and second split, and then a roll near the end.
SS3 - a couple of mistakes, but overall decent. Second fastest in OC
SS4 - disaster. Killed a few people right at the start. And then a few more around the first split. Done.

Most excellent rally :D
was great to finally be on Teamspeak with everyone else hehe
false start on chirdonhead because I hit reverse by accident before the go time >_> and also failed heavily on mineshaft (3 offs, 2 CFH)
would have been interesting on the penultimate stage if I had changed my gear ratios a bit longer, was on the limiter most of the time :)

Geez, that proved interesting, but plenty of fun. :)

I always struggle in night Stages (old eyes are no good in the dark) so I decided to go out on a limb and just have fun seeing what the Soviet beast was like. Overall, it was better than I expected, and with practice, I might get to like it. It looked ugly, sounded aweful, but was quite stable, sort of like slipping into a comfy pair of slippers. It didn't feel fast though, and it's handling was a bit wallowy, nothing like the Pug I am using for the RDRC.

Started with a spin on SS1, backwards into a tree, but the Lada was as tough as it looked and survived to continue on again. The car just smiled at me and seemed to say :Start Russian accent: "Look comrade, you can't kill me that easily, I'll do the killing here". :poke:

The two Snow Stages were a pleasant surprise. The Lada went really well on snow and seemed easy to drive. I guess these Ruski cars get designed for snow.

Back on gravel again, it wasn't so easy. Big spin at high speed at Chirdonhead and disappeared into the bush. Took ages to get it out of there, but the Russian tank still seemed undamaged.
Had another spin at Hualapai, but luckily it bounced back onto the road again, losing lots of time though. I still hadn't killed the thing. :eek:
Mineshaft had me very nervous in this car, but it wasn't too bad.

All in all, it was good fun. I wouldn't drive one of these cars in real life if my life depended on it, but it was better than I expected. If only I could see where I was going. :rolleyes:

I managed to bring the Lada home in P1 for the OC Session, but the total time wasn't anything flash. :redface:
Good to see Keegs take out P2 in our session too, his recent RDRC gremlins stayed away. :thumb:

Tim managed to survive his first Rally, despite giving him a dark & deadly initiation. :eek:

Thanks to all the guys joining tonight, most of us on TS too which was great. :thanks:

An interesting first rally, definitely a baptism of fire.Got stuck in 3rd at the end of SS1, forgot to change my setup for SS5, lost my brakes at the beginning of SS6 after hitting a tree...and killed a marshal in SS7. All in a days work :DWas good fun though, and if I stop the mistakes every 50 yards, I might get closer to the field. Do I need to attach my times to this thread?

I joined in on an extra drive in the OC session, and opened well, leading with a small margin after the first 2 stages. Those were the only stages I drove, though, as my friend arrived with a flat battery on his car. Sorry to the guys on TS for not letting you know that I left. Remembered that a bit later :tongue:

I must say that night time driving is difficult, specially when you dont know the course very well. Also driving standard is like learning to drive all over again. All in all I had fun and it was a learning experience. Thanks to all who set it up.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back