Rally - "The Lightweights" - Mon 28th February & Tues 1st March 2011

Warren Dawes

Premium
”The Lightweights”

Mon 28th February & Tues 1st March 2011

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2011, (UPDATE 03) IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

Small FWD Cars on Gravel Stages – Suzuki Swift S1600; Peugeot 106 S16; Citroen C2; Saxo VTS; VW Polo S1600; Suzuki Ignis S1600; Opel Corsa S1600; Peugeot 206 S1600.

Little-Tykes.jpg

Sessions: RD Lightweights EU / RD Lightweights US / RD Lightweights OC / RD Lightweights USX / RD Lightweights EUX / RD Lightweights EUZ

NOTE: We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.

Car Pack: Group A6K_2 ( You may choose any car from this car pack) **

Damage: Reduced

SS01 - England – Rally School (Normal, Good, Day)
SS02 - England - Falstone (Normal, Good, Day).
SS03 - England – Shepherds Shield (Normal, Good, Day)
SS04 - England – Harwood Forest (Normal, Good, Day)
SS05 - England – Sweet Lamb (Normal, Good, Day)
SS06 - Japan – Pirka Minoko (Normal, Good, Day)
SS07 - Finland – Kaihuavara (Gravel Mod, Good, Day)
SS08 - Finland - Autiovaara (Gravel Mod, Good, Day)

Europe Start: 20:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 04:00 GMT Tuesday (11PM EDST (USA), 9PM Mountain Time) *
Oceania Start: 09:30 GMT Tuesday (Queensland start time 7:30PM, NSW and VIC start time 8:30PM. ) *
USX Start: 10.45 GMT Tuesday *
EUX Start: 22.30 GMT Tuesday *
EUZ Start: 20.00 GMT Tuesday *

** PLEASE NOTE: You may choose any car from this Pack.

Additional timezone Rallys may be created on request.
If the USA Session drivers prefer a different Start time, please let us know, we can be flexible to suit.
* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. If no one signs up for a listed Session, it will not be created on the Server.
All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password! Please Note: The RD Password has recently been changed.

• You will require the RSRBR 2011 mod, ( Update 03 ), in order to participate, please see the installation and Usage thread.

• You will require the Car Pack A6K_2 .

• Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.

IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2011 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here

Drivers:

Please Note: You may choose any car from the Group A6K_2

1. Senad Subasic (mfodor) - Europe
  2. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - Oceania
  3. Troy Ament (tromoly) - US
  4. Kevin Hopkins(Kevin Hopkins)-Oceania
  5. Robb Kulcsar (R27kul) - Europe
  6. Roy Magnes (Roy Magnes) - Europe
  7. Norman Biscuits (got_biscuits) - Europe
  8. Ole Marius Myrvold (Ole Myrvold) - Europe
  9. Terri A. Buenaflor (krpk) - Europe
  10. Damien Jones (DJones) - Oceania
  11. Yann Laprevotte (yannlaprevotte) - Oceania
  12. James Knowles (tannat) - USX
  13. Dariusz Swiderski (swider)- Europe
  14. Hans Sneep (PeHaEe) - Europe
  15. Nigel Atkins (Marmiteman) - EUZ
  16. Simone Demi (simonedemi) - Europe
  17. Corey Twyman (theFlash) - US
  18. Mark Johnston (madmonkey) - Europe
  19. Daniel Lovett (Dan27) - Europe
  20. Ashok Revanna (tantragna) - US
  21. Mick Aspinall (Aspy) - Europe
  22. Rick Bamford (Lucifer) - Oceania
  23. Bobby Goy (Goy) - Europe
  24. Erik Tveit (Erik Tveit) - Europe
  25. Hubert Smolders (speedthrill) - Europe
  26. Mark Birney (Sparky245) - Europe
  27. Steve Debilde (Toyo-Steve)-Oceania
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

For this Rally, we have a complete change of pace and style. We run the smaller FWD, lightly powered S1600 cars. This may be a welcome break for some who didn’t enjoy the more difficult cars we have used recently.

These cars are FWD, so their handling and driving characteristics are very different, and much easier to drive. However, they will still require some skill to drive fast and can be a lot of fun if you push them very hard. Surprisingly, despite their low power, they can still push out good times over these Stages.

This time, we run all gravel Stages. The weather is very kind too, we have had so much horrible weather around the real world, I thought we should brighten up our virtual world for this one.

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES:

1. These cars all handle fairly easily, but remember they are FWD so plenty of throttle is needed to “pull” them along and through turns. Check the brake settings, some drivers may prefer more front bias in some of the cars.
2. RBR Pacenotes are designed for default cars, Normal conditions and Good weather. Please remember to adjust your speeds to suit these cars.
3. Tyre selections are the drivers responsibility. If you use the automatic tyre selection option in RSRBR2011, please beware that sometimes it may give you the wrong tyre for the conditions. Always double check your tyres, it is critical.

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

Special thanks to Damien for the neat banner. :)

Good luck all, I hope you have fun with these cars, and hope we see a good roll up. :rally: :signup:

Here is a little promo video to give you an idea of the various cars available in the Pack:

By the way - what happened to point 3 in the driver briefing notes? :tongue:

I have no idea what you are talking about. :tongue:

Gee, as soon as someone wins a Rally, they start giving cheek. :poke: :rolleyes::)

Actually, it was a special rule about drivers not being allowed to win two rallys in succession. :hammer:

no tips about which car is fast or slow or handful? :D

Not really, when I test drove them (only at Rally School), I got similar times with all of them. It depended more on how well I drove them.
Some have 5 speed gear boxes and some had 6, so maybe it might come down to which you prefer.
Handling did seem a bit different in some but none were a handful, and probably setup changes to suit driving styles will have an impact.

I'll probably choose one that looks and sounds nice, loool. :wink::)

Suggestion-shakedown stage

Warren- I have a suggestion for Rally Club events. I think all of us would like to know how we measure up to the rest of the crew before a rally. I think it would be great to include a shakedown stage in the event posting.

1) The stage should be comparable to the rally route (i.e. a tarmac stage for a tarmac rally, etc etc) and should involve the designated car for the event
2) Participation is voluntary
3) The posting of shakedown times would be directly on the rally thread by the participants-no involvement of you or Senad would be necessary.
4) Times would be submitted on the honor system. No screenies, attachments etc are necessary as the shakedown stage counts for nothing.

Whaddya think?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back